• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STARCRAFT 2 ZERG Announcement Thread

pn18

Banned
CajoleJuice said:
YES ALL OVER MY TITS
veronicaconfusedavatar.gif

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
GenericPseudonym said:
I'd like to see the Zerg's version of the campaign mode. I'd also like a release date. No matter what I'll be slightly dissapointed.
i like the way you think

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Holy shit I cannot wait what kind of crazy shit they did with the Zerg so far I am leaning with the Terrans love the approach they took to their machines Mecha! But I always will love the zerg don't disappoint me!

IzumiK

Banned
Mindlog said:
Bisu agrees, the Zerg can suck it.

So can the Toss though.
The terrans are overplayed and overpowered in SC. The ratio of terran vs zerg/toss players is quite unbalanced for the OSL.

TemplaerDude said:
lol no? sure it's cool but there is far better video game inspired artwork out there.
Should back that up with examples of your own.

IzumiK said:
Should back that up with examples of your own.

download the bioshock art book for some stunning works. and s.t.a.l.k.e.r has some really creepy and cool artwork.

i mean come on those look like they come from alien. or wh40k. games workshop has been doing tyranids like that for years.

Draft

TemplaerDude said:
download the bioshock art book for some stunning works. and s.t.a.l.k.e.r has some really creepy and cool artwork.

i mean come on those look like they come from alien. or wh40k. games workshop has been doing tyranids like that for years.
And yet Tyranids are recognized only by the neck bearded, and Zerg are the official mascot of an entire Asian nation.

Blizzard should just buy out Games Workshop.

They already lifted all of GW's intellectual properties, may as well buy up the remaining talent there and put them to work along side Andy "Space Ork" Chambers.

The Big Boy toy soldiers market being what it is, Blizzard could likely buy them up with one week's profit off of WoW.

Pachinko

I think it'd be hilarious if warcraft and starcraft had table top games released based on them. People would be touting it as awesome and original and games workshop would shed a single tear.

IzumiK

Banned
TemplaerDude said:

Er, my friend has a shit load of Warhammer 40k books. Those art are nothing like what Blizzard brings out.

And those Bioshock art, I've seen them. They're just mainly character sketches of things we've seen, well I think Silent Hill has better looking creatures. And the environment pictures are mainly CG stuff.

They also don't really show anything. I mean, take a look at the Resistance 2 artwork. It's epic! It's meaning!

IzumiK said:
Er, my friend has a shit load of Warhammer 40k books. Those art are nothing like what Blizzard brings out.

And those Bioshock art, I've seen them. They're just mainly character sketches of things we've seen, well I think Silent Hill has better looking creatures. And the environment pictures are mainly CG stuff.

They also don't really show anything. I mean, take a look at the Resistance 2 artwork. It's epic! It's meaning!

:lol right, stop sucking blizzards dick.

AAK

CcrooK said:
Wow, where is that from? Are there other artsy things like that? That's hella cool.

No idea where it's from, but it reminds me of the mother Alien from the first AVP movie.

Blizzard's artwork and design hits the male adolescent power fantasy range harder than just about any game related art out there today.

Its not subtle, nuanced, or particularly original, its influences show through loud and clear, but its got spiky bits, and big muscles, and shiny parts, and looks like what your average 15 year old boy would call "bad ass!" Its pop, mass appeal fantasy/science fantasy stuff.

And yeah, I think it looks cool to. I'm just saying.

CcrooK said:
Wow, where is that from? Are there other artsy things like that? That's hella cool.
That's the alien Queen from Aliens. It'd be the perfect "middle tier" unit for the Zergs. They have Zerglings and then the next thing they have is the Ultralisk. This would be a perfect addition to the Zergs lineup! :D

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
oo Kosma oo said:
Confession time: I've never played/finished Brood War.
I never beat the main game lol. I just learned the basics and jumped into online games from start. I should probably play it sometime before SC2 comes out lol:D

LowParry

Sir Alemeth said:
That's the alien Queen from Aliens. It'd be the perfect "middle tier" unit for the Zergs. They have Zerglings and then the next thing they have is the Ultralisk. This would be a perfect addition to the Zergs lineup! :D

No no, I know what it is. I mean where does the art come from is what I'm asking :D

IzumiK said:
I feel sorry that you can't appreciate the works of the best developer in the world.

who said i can't? you're the one taking it a little far, probably because you're on their pay roll or something.

CcrooK said:
No no, I know what it is. I mean where does the art come from is what I'm asking :D
Oh I have no idea. I just ran a search on google and grab the best looking image on the first page of results. :D

duckroll

According to the site in the OP:

10:30 - 10:40 AM = Zerg Trailer
10:40 - 11:00 AM = Zerg Race Presentation
11:00 - 12:00 PM = Q&A Press Conference

The trailer is happening right now based on that timing.

Top Bottom