• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

MedIC86

Campaign mission doesn't give you EXP, but almost everything outside of that gives you it. Vs AI, Coop vs AI, ranked/unranked ladder matches.

Ok, pretty cool incentive for people like me who have 'ladder anxiety' to train a lot of games (be it vs ai or unranked ladder) to unlock stuff.

I'll take it day one for the campaign... I love watching tournaments but i feel so much stress when i try to play with humans :x
Versus AI matchmaking is pretty good now, it doesn't just do a one base all in and varies build order from game to game. It's still the equivalent of about silver but it feels much more like playing vs a human, quite good to warm the ol fingers up before going on ladder.
Also there's always unranked of course...

farnham

Banned
cant wait to finally play it. unfortunately IEM this weekend was lackluster but i hope the game will turn out to be interesting.

Tiamant

Well, all the cinematics are on youtube already, ending included.

Just watched a few minutes and saw the most adorable thing.

Kerrigan
petting a zergling
^^

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Let's avoid spoilers... :/

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Listening to the new toss song and hyping myself to the heaveeeens!

Wunder

Woot! Finally, being in the pacific region has some perks! Get to play this at 9pm GMT +8 which is around 9am Monday for EST. Sadly I'm travelling the next day so I'll only get a few hours in :[

Aaron

Watching NASL's the Pulse show on twitch. It's a pretty good and well produced recap show. I missed a chunk of proleague so it was nice to have the catch up.

Majine

Banned
I have achievements for having maxleveled terran and zerg in the beta, yet I have done neither. Oh well, I'm not complaining.

Yoshichan

Some achievements are already live. Love it.
All online achievements are live. The only ones that are locked and can't be found are the single-player achievements.
I have achievements for having maxleveled terran and zerg in the beta, yet I have done neither. Oh well, I'm not complaining.
If you got level 5 with every race in the beta, you'll get cool portraits in retail.

Deadly

I watched the cutscenes and just wanted to say that that pre-production video that was leaked about when WoL came out?
It was real.

Yoshichan

^That's a spoiler. Spoiler tag it.

jersoc

is this preloading at all if you got it from the blizzard store?

i saw something mention it when i ordered but it wasn't downloading anything.

Yoshichan

edit: solved ♥!

Sorian

Banned
I detail nothing and if you've watched that video, you've already spoiled yourself.

Yeah.....you could still have the decency to spoiler it. I never watched the video but people could be going into this hoping for a different ending and feeling that hints are starying from what they saw.

Deadly

If someone watched it a year ago and don't want to know if it's legit or not, your posts confirms it. That's a spoiler.

Yeah.....you could still have the decency to spoiler it. I never watched the video but people could be going into this hoping for a different ending and feeling that hints are starying from what they saw.
If someone watched it already it means they wouldn't care about spoilers. The previous mentioned video which was released maybe what 3 years ago? was clearly titled as such. There's a certain thing as context but just so you're not so butthurt I'll spoiler it.

Yoshichan

Edit: solved ♥!

Deadly

It's a spoiler for multiple reasons.
That would have been your own problem. It is called a choice. I'll agree with your last point though, for that I am sorry and I've already spoilered my initial post. Up to you to hide this conversation if you wish.

Yoshichan

I'll agree with your last point though, for that I am sorry and I've already spoilered my initial post. Up to you to hide this conversation if you wish.
Edited my post! :3

Thanks man

When did they upgrade the AI settings? These new options for opponent AI are great for a wuss like me who's to chicken shit to play the ladder anymore. Now they use more than 1 strategy.

Majine

Banned
Been powering through the WoL campaign to be done before HotS, but damn, it doesn't really do anything for me. Hammy dialogue, and the scenarios presented aren't interesting.

Yoshichan

When did they upgrade the AI settings? These new options for opponent AI are great for a wuss like me who's to chicken shit to play the ladder anymore. Now they use more than 1 strategy.
A couple of weeks. It really is a fantastic addition to the AI. In rare occasions, it makes for some really interesting games :p

Yoshichan

Anyone see David Kims sign anywhere there?

toDzlS9.jpg

Aylinato

All online achievements are live. The only ones that are locked and can't be found are the single-player achievements.

If you got level 5 with every race in the beta, you'll get cool portraits in retail.

Some achievements for MP are not live.

I'm not sure if we can level yet, as I haven't been able to level up in anything.

Yoshichan

Some achievements for MP are not live.

I'm not sure if we can level yet, as I haven't been able to level up in anything.
Oh, I meant they're all visable - but not achievable :3 You can't level up until HotS is officially launched.

Yoshichan

But but but my achievement whoring...must start
XD You could start farming the 250 wins against AI with every race-achievements :3 That would be kind of a waste though, since you don't get XP until HotS. Might as well wait!

edit: lolololol

yW90zPG.png

Aylinato

XD You could start farming the 250 wins against AI with every race-achievements :3 That would be kind of a waste though, since you don't get XP until HotS. Might as well wait!

edit: lolololol

yW90zPG.png

Yea I was waiting for the levels to start finishing my farm of the vs AI achieve

Yoshichan

Yea I was waiting for the levels to start finishing my farm of the vs AI achieve
You're on NA, I take it? If I head over to NA servers (or wherever you are), achievements won't carry over right?

Aylinato

You're on NA, I take it? If I head over to NA servers (or wherever you are), achievements won't carry over right?
I'm not sure, they haven't really said how that works, and I haven't figured out how to change servers(I'd troll Korean custom games any day lol)

Yoshichan

I'm not sure, they haven't really said how that works, and I haven't figured out how to change servers(I'd troll Korean custom games any day lol)
Okay hook me up if you wanna do achievements! I'm on EU; hopefully you can change regions and keep your achievement-progress and whatnot :3

Majine

Banned
My local stores said they won't have one because of the digital releases being too strong.

That's kind of a sad evolution. Blizzard midnight launches are hilarious, remember standing in line for WoW: TBC and the first guy in line lights a cigar in celebration.

Yoshichan

That's kind of a sad evolution. Blizzard midnight launches are hilarious, remember standing in line for WoW: TBC and the first guy in line lights a cigar in celebration.
Oh my local stores always have WoW-midnight launches (pretty huge in Sweden). Unfortunately, SC2 doesn't create as much hype :/
Do you get the new xp thingy in skirmish mode?
Skirmish? You mean you vs AI? You pretty much get XP for everything you do (except for single-player). You vs AI, you vs your buddy, unranked ladder, ranked ladder, etc.

xmShake

Neo Member

There's no point in waiting for this because the most efficient way to defeat AI's is to cannon/proxygate or proxy rax or 7 pool.

Experience is directly based on how much resources you spend and how many units/buildings you kill so you wouldn't get very much at all by slaying ai's.

Top Bottom