• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Nome

It felt like a big event for Wings of Liberty.. they had a little map with midnight launches and I went down to my local one only to find I went to the wrong 24 hour branch. Got it the next week I think.

The game company I worked at when WoL launched basically shut down the following day. Everyone was hyped as hell.

im rushing to finish the campaign for WoL before this comes out so I have a reason to actually open my Collector's Edition

Just did the planet with the lava that rises and lowers at set points and I have to get minerals

about how far am I from the end?

From what I understand im like maybe 20% in if that which means I need to get to work

Wunder

im rushing to finish the campaign for WoL before this comes out so I have a reason to actually open my Collector's Edition

Just did the planet with the lava that rises and lowers at set points and I have to get minerals

From what I understand im like maybe 20% in if that which means I need to get to work

That sounds really early in bro. 20% might be a bit short, maybe 25%?

Vaporak

There's a lot of wiggle room in the order you do missions, but yeah that one is available pretty early on.

Since I got SC2 I always wondered why the custom-maps scene did not really develop like the one for WC3.

I remember playing a lot of mauls, korean Fate/Stay-Night-maps, great Dragonball-Maps, some fun RPGs, LotR-Maps, Line Hero Defense and so on.
But somehow the custom maps in Starcraft 2 are kind of a bummer. Nothing really stands out in my opinion. I mean there are just 2 mauls which do not even work well.

Any idea why that is? Is it because every map now has to go through a check of Blizzard to look for offensive words and copyrighted-material? Or is it because the map-system was regionlocked before?

Wunder

yeah but... Are you really that surprised that sort of scene was going to be in the game?

Kinda? I dunno. I figured that
Kerrigan escapes near the start of the campaign so they wouldn't have a lot of time to spend with each other.

Vaporak

This ai showmatch is such an odd idea for a showmatch.

Since I got SC2 I always wondered why the custom-maps scene did not really develop like the one for WC3.

I remember playing a lot of mauls, korean Fate/Stay-Night-maps, great Dragonball-Maps, some fun RPGs, LotR-Maps, Line Hero Defense and so on.
But somehow the custom maps in Starcraft 2 are kind of a bummer. Nothing really stands out in my opinion. I mean there are just 2 mauls which do not even work well.

Any idea why that is? Is it because every map now has to go through a check of Blizzard to look for offensive words and copyrighted-material? Or is it because the map-system was regionlocked before?

I've always put it down to 3 reasons primarily:
1) During the time period where SC2 came out there was an explosion of the indie scene. A lot of the people who would have devoted their time to making complicated maps for SC1 and WC3 would now be making stand alone games or full fledged mods.

2) SC2 has a system of joining custom games that makes popular games more popular, which really stagnates the custom map pool and it really hurts it because it happened from day 1 instead of stagnating later when a lot of maps had already come out and been tried by the community.

3) Everyone though that HotS was going to come out much sooner than it did, who would want to put in serious effort in a WoL map while thinking that HotS and it's associated changes to map making coming in a year or so?

Majine

Banned
http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/Blizzard%20Stream

Jaedong and AI vs Creator and AI.

This'll be interesting.

3) Everyone though that HotS was going to come out much sooner than it did, who would want to put in serious effort in a WoL map while thinking that HotS and it's associated changes to map making coming in a year or so?

Are HotS-Maps different or just compatible with HotS like Frozen Throne Maps?

NBtoaster

Wish Starcraft threads would stop with the ' //: ' at the front, it makes me skip right over them. Had no idea this was coming out tomorrow.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
BASED FLASH

THIS IS IMBA

BW FEELS

Seriously impressed he is even still in this game. Flying fucking defilers. Imbalisks.

twofold

Jesus, that game was amazing. Great play from both of them. They need to stop showing the players face, though. It's so annoying.

Top Bottom