• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

That Flash-Curious series was completely stupid, both good and bad. Mech being able to basically turtle forever is why I hate it. The only way Zerg can deal with SkyTerran is mass Corruptors, but they're awful until you get upgrades for them while Terran already has 3/3. There were a couple awesome engagements in each game but it took forever to slog through them until then.

Jaedong about to play in the WCS winners match.

Oops. Good game by Showtime but after GSL last night I'm sick of seeing so much turtling.

That game was desperately needed for me. Was starting to get sick of StarCraft 2.

Showtime with the worst possible build he could have done after scouting Sen went for the gold base. He shouldn't have made a Nexus and instead Chrono out 2 Zealots and immediately send them to Sen's gold base before Zerglings came out. Follow that up with a Stalker and Mothership Core and that gold base is 99% going to fall since he doesn't have the Larva to deal with it yet. At that point you could either expand or go for the kill as Sen is probably on 1 base.

SamuraiX-

That's really cool that they're uploading HD VODs to YT within 48 hours after the matches.

Fuck staying up until 3am to watch potato cam footage of the GSL anymore.

SamuraiX-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-Gxgsyv5fE

Disgusting what SC2 has become fuckling seeker missile clicker game WJAT A JOKE

It is pretty hilarious that even after Blizzard nerfed PDDs into fucking oblivion that mech vs mech in TvT ultimately still devolves into mass Raven vs Raven wars with tanks, thors, and hellions there to basically just act like decoys.

Hey, Flash, how does that make you feel when you think back to the Brood War days?

KqkpAR4.png

KmqsWv1.png

Enjoyed Innovation-Flash more than Curious-Flash honestly. Innovation won those games with Hellion harass (plus Flash being a little impatient).

Side note: Why do Zerg when they go into extreme late game against Mech never get a Baneling Nest? Why not when you have a massive bank invest in some Banelings to destroy a mineral line? Even with a Planetary around 8 Banelings can kill 15+ SCV's/Mules before they react.

SamuraiX-

Side note: Why do Zerg when they go into extreme late game against Mech never get a Baneling Nest? Why not when you have a massive bank invest in some Banelings to destroy a mineral line? Even with a Planetary around 8 Banelings can kill 15+ SCV's/Mules before they react.

But then how are they supposed to 1-A their armies?

Seriously though, I've always liked the idea, but I would say most players don't even try it since Terran have so much map control late game with vikings, ravens, sensor towers and such and all you need is a couple of well placed siege tanks to complete wreck a Baneling sneak attack.

I would love to see more tactical variety like that in games though.

Then again, 1-A death balls so stronk.
KmqsWv1.png

Wow SBENU 3-0'd SKT1 with all Zerg's. Watched both ZvZ's. Second game was crazy. SoO was 9-0 against Zerg's in Proleague and 12-1 against DRG, but DRG went super all-in and hurt soO's economy enough that when soO finally got Muta's out he had time to get his up.

Syf

Banned
wat since when is DRG on SBENU? Dang, he was my favorite player and he just disappeared completely. Gotta watch the VODs.

The Swarm Host change they're testing needs to go through. Mech can easily turtle on 3 bases until max supply and with the current map pool they can turtle pretty well on 4 bases too. Flying Locusts from the start would make them much more viable. I think getting Flying Locusts early in mid game might be too powerful though. I would probably move them to Hive tech (plus Infestation Pit) and reduce their hp by around 20.

Tekniqs

i know that mech is very effective (currently....let's see if the meta changes) but damn those games are boring as hell to watch IMO

SamuraiX-

hilarious that protoss are complaining about the new warp-in duration considering they still get units instantly and wherever on the fucking map they want them

also, they can still freely change the map terrain how they see fit in PvT and PvP with forcefields

but yes, would somebody please think of the poor protoss players

VoD's are up from yesterday's Code S. Finally a Zerg uses Nydus Worms against mech. Watched every series except for Parting vs MMA so far. Parting played like shit in both series against Skyhigh. He got way too cocky with his build in game 3 of the first series and was behind for awhile in both games in the second series. He's lucky that Skyhigh is awful whenever he gets stressed. Dark's map awareness is incredible. In the second game against MMA, every time he marched across the map with Bio, Lings came from behind every engagement. Both games that series were good. Dark vs Skyhigh was a beatdown.

Finally watched all of Code S group G. Was wondering how Parting-MMA was so short. Turns out MMA played like he has never played against Parting or any other remotely aggressive Protoss before.

What a weird game in GSL. Rain got way ahead with Zealot harass and then all of a sudden he loses 30 Probes to Widow Mine drops. He was still able to win going all-in after that.

Syf

Banned
Tastosis casting WCS finals next weekend. Incontrol says there's a lot of excitement behind the scenes for some stuff that's going on we don't know about. We do know LotV release date will be announced and the opening cinematic will be shown. Should be a great event by the sound of it.

Tekniqs

Oh man I love watching Maru play. He pretty much walked through Hero and then had such an awesome game 3 against Classic. Is there another Terran that plays with a similar style? Dude was pretty much on the harass/attack for 20 minutes until he whittled down classic's econ and army.

Next 3 days are awesome for SC2!

WCS season 3 wrapping up
Last group stage of GSL wrapping up

We'll know how the Ro8 for GSL is going to look and we have hopefully a great SSL final to look forward to. Need to watch herO vs Rain tonight!

Thinking of making a thread...I'm starting to get hyped for Blizzcon already. Last HOTS tourney there.

edit: I will make one later tonight. Not a community OT but one for gaming side.

Tastosis casting WCS finals next weekend. Incontrol says there's a lot of excitement behind the scenes for some stuff that's going on we don't know about. We do know LotV release date will be announced and the opening cinematic will be shown. Should be a great event by the sound of it.

Has to be after Blizzcon right? It seems silly to release it before their biggest tournament of the year.

edit: Oh, congrats guys and girls! Almost at 20k!

Syf

Banned
Next 3 days are awesome for SC2!

WCS season 3 wrapping up
Last group stage of GSL wrapping up

We'll know how the Ro8 for GSL is going to look and we have hopefully a great SSL final to look forward to. Need to watch herO vs Rain tonight!

Thinking of making a thread...I'm starting to get hyped for Blizzcon already. Last HOTS tourney there.

edit: I will make one later tonight. Not a community OT but one for gaming side.
Yeah it's a great period here. Are you gonna make a BlizzCon tournaments thread to include the other games or only for SC2?

And yeah I would be really surprised if they launch LotV before BlizzCon. I'm thinking shortly after.

Aaron

Maybe I've been starved of Starcraft from being away from it so long, but I thought HerO vs Rain was an actually tense and watchable pvp series.

Top Bottom