• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
okay guys we have a problem.

fightingGAF thinks they're esports and they went ahead and made the mlg thread!
thats our job!
We dont even let the halo guys make the thread and they were here before us!
worst of all, there's not a single god damned pony in the OP despite the new titles having plentiful pony crossovers!

what the fuck.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=467561

Threads involving sc2 without my making or consent should be illegal.

Zzoram

Teamliquid Page

MLG Winter Championship in Columbus
- Final Day

Mississauga, TheNix's via Go Bus, 1:00pm-10:30pm, March 25th, HOUSECRAFT:

Going:
TheNiX
Picon_small.png

Zzoram
Picon_small.png

Pandaman
Zicon_small.png

scogoth
Picon_small.png

Spl1nter
Ticon_small.png

50% Going:
mcrae
Zicon_small.png

Not Going:
hoverX
Picon_small.png

What time should I arrive? Options are either ~ 1:20 or 3:20 arrival at SQ1. Im guessing the former.

Oh ya, im coming.

Excellent! 1:20 is fine.

Quote to see my email and EMAIL ME IF YOU'RE COMING. Need to swap contact info so you can call if you get lost instead of nonsensical posting.

What's the food situation at Nix's place? Catering, bringing your own, etc? Panda strikes me as That Guy who goes places and doesn't bring money, so others buy his food

profit

Holy MKP!

Yes, yes, yes! Please :3
I live in Belgium though, so it wont be very cheap. But I really really want to go to a major SC2 event. There was one attempt for a barcraft here in Antwerp but it failed misserably due to the power cutting off all the time....
I hate we do not have a scene in anything gamey (fighting games, SC2). All the people care about here is soccer and beer -_-.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I missed everything... can someone tell me the results?
I live in Belgium though, so it wont be very cheap. But I really really want to go to a major SC2 event. There was one attempt for a barcraft here in Antwerp but it failed misserably due to the power cutting off all the time....
I hate we do not have a scene in anything gamey (fighting games, SC2). All the people care about here is soccer and beer -_-.
Oh, I thought you lived in Sweden :( If you decide to do it, hook me up with a PM - I'll take care of you all three days :3

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
HOLY TITS,
how were the matches? Were they entertaining? God I feel sooo good now, thank you all for believing! :3

Yoshichan

Upgrade your monitor to 1080p, there's no reason not to in 2012! But I'll quote it for you ♥

Zzoram

So day 1 of MLG turns out pretty interesting. HayprO keeps surprising with above average showings. Naniwa disappointed. Huk seemed to reconfirm that he probably deserved the GSL Code S seed more than Naniwa.

There were some good games but the Stephano vs polt games were fantastic. Such high level play from stephano, he really should have won game 1. I'm hoping he goes a long way because he is great to watch. Some of the korean zergs would do well to see how he plays.

Zzoram

Stephano vs Polt always looks amazing because they seem to be super evenly matched so the games keep ending up really close.

Zzoram

Rumor has it that when this season of Broodwar Proleague ends, they are doing Starcraft Proleague for season 2, and it will contain both Broodwar and SC2.

Supposedly they'll alternate between games:

Game 1 - Broodwar
Game 2 - Starcraft 2
Game 3 - Broodwar
Game 4 - Starcraft 2
Game 5 - Broodwar
Game 6 - Starcraft 2
ACE - alternates depending on day

If they have an English stream for that, I think it could be a good thing. It will introduce foreign fans of SC2 to Broodwar and get Korean BW fans more into SC2.

Snowman

Rumor has it that when this season of Broodwar Proleague ends, they are doing Starcraft Proleague for season 2, and it will contain both Broodwar and SC2.

Supposedly they'll alternate between games:

Game 1 - Broodwar
Game 2 - Starcraft 2
Game 3 - Broodwar
Game 4 - Starcraft 2
Game 5 - Broodwar
Game 6 - Starcraft 2
ACE - alternates depending on day

If they have an English stream for that, I think it could be a good thing. It will introduce foreign fans of SC2 to Broodwar and get Korean BW fans more into SC2.

That sounds terrible, if I had any interest in getting into and watching BW, I'd watch BW :/

Zzoram

That sounds terrible, if I had any interest in getting into and watching BW, I'd watch BW :/

It's just a rumor. Personally I'd like it. I still like Broodwar but can't be bothered to watch it now that SC2 has English casting. However, watching Broodwar + SC2 combined and casted by some good English casters would be a good way to satisfy nostalgia and still see the new game.

OGN won't be able to poach Tasteless and Artosis, but if they did, and they got to cast alternating BW/SC2, that might be the most amazing thing OGN could do.

Top Bottom