• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
But... but... did you not see what they did to me in the video T_T?!

(._.)

Banned
Uhh, I need help with my PvZ. Anybody able to give me some tips via PM or next time I see you in the GAF channel. Something about the match up just makes it hard for me to play.

- don't know when to pressure the zerg
- don't know how to open apart from the FFE. When to make robo, how to react to what I scout early game etc...
- how to scout if zerg goes heavy ling early
- when to take 3rd

Keikaku

Uhh, I need help with my PvZ. Anybody able to give me some tips via PM or next time I see you in the GAF channel. Something about the match up just makes it hard for me to play.

- don't know how to open apart from the FFE. When to make robo, how to react to what I scout early game etc...
- when to take 3rd
If you're going FFE, you should probably have a Sentry or two around too, right? Get Hallucinate. Free, fast scouting on any map.

Vaporak

- when to take 3rd

1) If the zerg did the standard no gas fast third response to a FFE then you should be pressuring at 8min. If they didn't take a fast third then you should decide if you're doing an all in or not. If you are all inning, then go do that, if you're not then don't pressure.
2) There are multiple ways to go after a FFE, so this is too open ended to give a quick response. Basically go look around the TL strategy forums and find something that you like.
3) Heavy ling isn't really a good strategy since you went FFE your 1/0/0 zealots will shred lings anyways.
4) Take a third after you can defend it. After a FFE if you want to play a macro game prioritize teching instead of expanding. If you try and take a third without a solid backbone of tech units you'll just die to 1a'd roaches. This really isn't any different from PvT, you need tech before you can fight on even terms.

Holden

- when to take 3rd

Ok haha. Been practicing//watching my PvZ alot lately . Been solving most of those problems alot. Well this is all master stuff related but oh well

Other then FFE: You can do a 3 gate expand i like to do, its really really safe ( need small ramp size map ( metal, metro, etc))
9 pylon
12gate
16core
16pylon
18zealot ( 3 sentries after )
23 pylon
26 gate
27 gate
32 pylon at ramp
34 Nexus
Then just forge up and get 1 or 2 cannons, i really like to get hallucination after warpgate so i can scout if hes doing some allin or not. And get stalkers after those 3 sentries, they are much better at defending a ling/roach allin.

Oh and use your scouting probe to scout the 3rd of his base. That probe is really important because it can reveal what the zerg player is doing. I literally want to leave the game if it dies.

How to pressure zerg: multiple little ways

If you go FFE after setting up your whole building ( nexus, core, cannon) A lot of people like to build 2 zealots (chronoed) and send them to the third base. Do not make them if you don't scout a third base from the zerg with your scout probe.

Warpprism+ dts or zealots, great way to pressure. Zergs are greedy as fuck so its usually really easy to snipe hatches with dts. Or even snipping that spire ( i sniped panda's spire 3 time in the same game while it was morphing to a greater spire) Trust me you don't wanna fight broodlords.

Oh and again, the scouting probe is really important. Alot of lazy ass zergs dont scout their expos. So just build a pylon with your probe and just build 4-5 zealots to snipe the 4th and 5th base from the zerg. And if they manage to scout the pylon early on with a slow ling usually means no all-in.

Scouting heavy ling: Use that scouting probe again. If you dont see any 3rd base by the zerg by 5-6 minutes ingame time. I suicide that probe in the expo of the zerg to see the number of drones he has. And if it has high drones it means hes retarded because he needs his third base ( and you will probably manage to get your probe to escape). If low drone count and no 3rd base, means some heavy pressure//all-in. Just add a cannon or 2 and you should be fine with forcefields.

When to take a 3rd: Fast.

If you wanna keep up with a macro zerg you need to expend really fast ( By making sure he's not alling you with all scouting possibities ( obs, hallu, scouting probe)
Depending on the map like daybreak or kingdom, if the zerg gets a 4 minute ingame time i like to get my 3rd by 6 to 8 minutes. But you need to defend. And your building placement has a big deal in this situation. You can't let the zerg to overrun you.

i gotta go so i hope i answered most of the questions.

edit : oh and if you are macroing and you are pretty much safe, don't chrono core or zealot unless you are doing some pressure push or something. Don't chorono warpgate/+1 atk. Chrono your nexuses, its much better.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Every month I try to get back into this game by playing custom maps.

Every month I'm reminded of how this game's community consists mainly of assholes.

Such a shame. And I still can't get over how shitty the custom game system is. :(

fanboi

Banned

Every month I'm reminded of how this game's community consists mainly of assholes.

Such a shame. And I still can't get over how shitty the custom game system is. :(

It does?! You are playing with the wrong people!

Brazil

It does?! You are playing with the wrong people!

I sure am.

I entered a Rage TD match. In the first wave, a guy came with his builder into my area and stole the first drop. I asked "Seriously? You've already stolen me?", and he answered "You were gonna rage quit anyway faggot". Then I said, "Well, now I am".

Now I feel like shit. What the fuck is wrong with people?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

Play League of Legends and then say that again. SC2 is filled with saints in comparison.

Q8D3vil

Play League of Legends and then say that again. SC2 is filled with saints in comparison.
this x million time.

even when u are winning in LoL you want to smash something because of the shitty attitude.

Brazil

I do play LoL and I find my time there a lot more pleasant because I only play with friends.

Unfortunately, I don't have friends who play SC2 anymore, so I'm stuck with the terrible community.

"I've never played this map before, so please bear with me" "Votekick"

I just played the most frustrating ladder match so far, I completley wrecked this protos player, but he was able to hide enough DT's to harrass me enough to wear me down over time, turrets detect those fuckers right?

Finish cutting grass...Idra down 0-3. As predicted

He shows no willingness to improve his play against Toss. Yes, toss can be tough, but multiple zergs (DRG, Stephano, etc) have shown how to exploit Toss over the last few months. Even before the Infestor nerf when Destiny and later Korean zergs started exploiting the weakness of the deathball, Idra was doing the same Roach/Corrupter nonsense.

He's a complete joke, and going to Korea only served to make his attitude worse

zargle

Idra made it to the finals of this thing? Did Puma and JYP eliminate themselves and he only had to go through the crappy EGers?

Keikaku

I just played the most frustrating ladder match so far, I completley wrecked this protos player, but he was able to hide enough DT's to harrass me enough to wear me down over time, turrets detect those fuckers right?
Yup.

1 turret and a bunker of units at every base late game will do the trick.

Deadman

Carmac, the boss of the iem tournaments tweeted this:

I am told a big non-Korean player's contract is up and there are people out there trying to poach him. Expect turmoil in Korea as well. #SC2

Interesting.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wooooooow... IdrA lost 3-0? Wtf man.

Deadman

Wooooooow... IdrA lost 3-0? Wtf man.

4-0

Game 1 huk went dts and maybe 8 gates on 2 bases, idra left as soon as he saw the shimmer of invis units

Game 2 long game on shakuras, investor brood vs mothership deathball. Idra gets his army vortexed 3 times to throw away a won game.

Game 3 6 pool vs nexus first, somehow manages to kill only 5 probes and no buildings. Goes for nydus+hydra allin and leaves when the nydus is spotted

Game 4 6 pool vs forge first, huk makes cannon in mineral line and takes no damage, slowly 4 gates idra to death whilst managing to take his expand and add 3 gates but they didnt really get used.

Yoshichan

4-0

Game 1 huk went dts and maybe 8 gates on 2 bases, idra left as soon as he saw the shimmer of invis units

Game 2 long game on shakuras, investor brood vs mothership deathball. Idra gets his army vortexed 3 times to throw away a won game.

Game 3 6 pool vs nexus first, somehow manages to kill only 5 probes and no buildings. Goes for nydus+hydra allin and leaves when the nydus is spotted

Game 4 6 pool vs forge first, huk makes cannon in mineral line and takes no damage, slowly 4 gates idra to death whilst managing to take his expand and add 3 gates but they didnt really get used.
Thanks for the match descriptions... Jesus, that is pathetic.

Top Bottom