• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

How many total games have you played?

This season? Just the 5 1v1s. In total I played about 500 games with maybe 150-200 of those being 1v1s. I just played against a top gold player and I seem to have no problem 3-0 ing him regardless of the build he does so I think im at least a plat level player. Dunno maybe im overeating. Ill try to find some plat practice partners.

I think Queen's air range is fine. I'd imagine this is almost purely aimed at ZvT, especially Hellions; perhaps scvs building bunkers as well. I'll have to see it in action before giving support

Striek

One thing to consider is Queens DPS is actually pretty good if the unit its attacking doesn't have armor. Its higher than a stalkers. If hellions can't kite queens at all creep spread will be really hard to stop, I'd say its only slightly less of a buff than 50 starting energy.

Dunno if bad thing, theres nothing lamer than seeing hellions roast all the drones because the simply ran past ill-positioned defence.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Why do hellions need to cost gas?

They're too cost efficient. 4 hellions cost 400 minerals (right?) anyway, they have the potential to destroy your economy and even if they all die, it's just 400 minerals.

Q8D3vil

Yep. MVP did two different variants to Naniwa. Its gotten super popular. Also some guy posted a guide on TL that he had 90%+ winrates upto GM with proxy 11/11 raxes and terrans are starting to realise how good that is too.
scouting proxy 11/11 is the easiest thing though, just see the number of the scv's.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
They're not grossly imbalanced but they're very effective for their cost.

2c6eM.jpg

Jeff-DSA

Is that Tasteless with a...oh my.

Got a little turned on, did ya?

I'm back to laddering. I haven't been posting or lurking in here much because I'm usually 2-3 days behind on GSL and I fear spoilers, even though this thread is generally quite safe. I gave up on the Zerg transition. It was fun for a bit, but my 2v2 partner had a hard time adjusting to it so I went back to Terran.

I might make a Zerg switch when HotS hits.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Got a little turned on, did ya?

I'm back to laddering. I haven't been posting or lurking in here much because I'm usually 2-3 days behind on GSL and I fear spoilers, even though this thread is generally quite safe. I gave up on the Zerg transition. It was fun for a bit, but my 2v2 partner had a hard time adjusting to it so I went back to Terran.

I might make a Zerg switch when HotS hits.

Disturbed would be a better word but sure why not. I think zerg will see a big spike in the beginning of HoTS but then go back down a couple months in.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
They're too cost efficient. 4 hellions cost 400 minerals (right?) anyway, they have the potential to destroy your economy and even if they all die, it's just 400 minerals.
They should be 75 minerals. Do you see how slow they fire and move? They can't even deal with Ultralisks, Terran has no options!
I mean look at vultures!

Pancakes

They should be 75 minerals. Do you see how slow they fire and move? They can't even deal with Ultralisks, Terran has no options!
I mean look at vultures!

"Vultures cost nothing, have a build time of zero, and eventually get mini-nukes!"

I miss those days of balance complaints on podcasts

Sliver

Funny how when they ban IdrA they keep his stream listed, but not Destiny's.

Also this trend of emailing sponsors whenever a player does something is scary, and very very dangerous.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Funny how when they ban IdrA they keep his stream listed, but not Destiny's.

When they banned idra, the removed ad's on his stream page though so they gained no money from it. Not sure why they just de-listed destiny instead though.

Also this trend of emailing sponsors whenever a player does something is scary, and very very dangerous.
Part of me agrees....part of me is so fucking sick and tired of how certain words/phrases are just tossed out like its nothing and expect no consequences. It sucks that sponsor emails got involved...but I always think that unless shit like that happens, teams try to ignore it :/

lol saw it coming

He doesn't care about getting better so this really doesn't hurt him. He won't be able to travel to tournaments which may hurt but let's face it, that's not his main concern. All he's doing is making money to gamble away

I'll still be watching his stream. I like the idea of an independent guy doing and saying whatever the fuck he wants even when I disagree.

Snowman

A sponsor withdrawing from the scene has a way smaller effect on a big, established sport though. Not saying it's the right or wrong thing to do, but I could see why it would be a little scary if you want sc2 to be bigger/more mainstream.

Deadman

In the original post blizzard said they were increasing the queen energy to help "at the pro level".

Now 2 days later they revert the change and make a new one.

Did they actually get lots of pro players to play hundreds of games on that map and analyse the results, or did they read the forums and make changes based on people whining?

I think i can guess.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
In the original post blizzard said they were increasing the queen energy to help "at the pro level".

Now 2 days later they revert the change and make a new one.

Did they actually get lots of pro players to play hundreds of games on that map and analyse the results, or did they read the forums and make changes based on people whining?

I think i can guess.
Probably tweeted Idra, and he said it would make Zerg OP so even Blizzard went back on it.

As for pro Zerg, I think anyone would realize how strong that is and it is ridiculous early, mid, and late game.

Snowman

If you act the way Destiny acts in any other business you're going to run into problems.

Destiny isn't the one getting punished by this though, he makes most of his money from streaming, it'd be quantic and the members of the team that don't get big stream numbers that would be hurt the most :/

fanboi

Banned
Emailing sponsors is a very good approach in my eyes.

If you want a sport to be regarded serious you need to have athletes that are professionals.

Racial slurs/faggot/etc isn't a professional manner (and not to mention just plain fucking stupid) when you stream infront of 5-10k people.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Destiny isn't the one getting punished by this though, he makes most of his money from streaming, it'd be quantic and the members of the team that don't get big stream numbers that would be hurt the most :/

Quantic knew what they were getting when they signed him, no sympathy for them at all.

Snowman

If you want a sport to be regarded serious you need to have athletes that are professionals.

Racial slurs/faggot/etc isn't a professional manner (and not to mention just plain fucking stupid) when you stream infront of 5-10k people.

But this hasn't stopped destiny doing what he does, he just isn't on a team now, people are still going to watch his stream.. it just doesn't really fix the problem imo.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me

whats ironic is the gook game was streamed and no one cared at the time.

Holden

Buff mech vs protoss? Not like a mind... but it would make tvz a fucking lolfest

Yep. MVP did two different variants to Naniwa. Its gotten super popular. Also some guy posted a guide on TL that he had 90%+ winrates upto GM with proxy 11/11 raxes and terrans are starting to realise how good that is too.

i knew it :(!

Gasoline brah.

Coal bro.

Cloaked, stackable mini nukes

Thank god they didn't work on workers

fanboi

Banned
But this hasn't stopped destiny doing what he does, he just isn't on a team now, people are still going to watch his stream.. it just doesn't really fix the problem imo.

whats ironic is the gook game was streamed and no one cared at the time.

Both these comments are beside the point.

Lets ponder, when SC2 get so fucking big that they can pay top dollars for a teammember, then it will hurt as hell if you are kicked out of said team.

If someone does it in a private manner, sure, the problem is still there, but he isn't affiliated to any team... he is just a bad person.

Snowman

Lets ponder, when SC2 get so fucking big that they can pay top dollars for a teammember, then it will hurt as hell if you are kicked out of said team.

If someone does it in a private manner, sure, the problem is still there, but he isn't affiliated to any team... he is just a bad person.

But surely that's besides the point because it's not that big yet?

What's the difference between him being affiliated with a team or not really? Either way he's a professional player who has a lot of eyes on him..

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me

... destiny streamed the game and no one cared; it took his opponent personally taking issue with it on TL for the team to take action.

you're completely and totally wrong. it did not matter that he streamed the game. it would not have changed anything if he did it 'in a private manner'.

fanboi

Banned
I seems like they're just changing things for the sake of changing them. Like, really? Queens get a 5 range?

Ok... uh... alright.

I do belive the change is for making zvt in korea (?) more even, since zvt there has some % winrate favour for T and has had for a very long time.

Top Bottom