• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Unranked matchmaking
Multiplayer replay viewing
HOLY TITSSSSSSS FINALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
a global ladder with region preferences for matchmaking would be nice.
sort of like how they do it in fighting games; you have to choose to be able to be matched up with eu/asia players on ranked.

Jeff-DSA

Getting frustrated again. I had a nice run (10 straight wins!) and now I'm getting my butt handed to me again. I'm having trouble dealing with late game Zerg and Protoss. It seems if I don't get the kill in the mid-game, I'm probably going to lose.

It almost makes me want to start doing the early cheese--er, pressure builds by default. I've never liked those builds much, but it seems like if I don't start going that way that I'm just going to keep slipping behind on the meta game. But holy crap, it would be nice to have some chance in the late game.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Now we can officially call it Battle.net 2.0!

Yoshichan

TexBM.gif

Wow basic battle.net features are being added. hurray.
This x100

We pretty much guessed this basic stuff would be put behind a pay wall/expansion. I can understand the dc issue taking awhile to address, but clan support? Unranked ladders? That's stuff that was in wc3 a decade ago at launch

Holden

a global ladder with region preferences for matchmaking would be nice.
sort of like how they do it in fighting games; you have to choose to be able to be matched up with eu/asia players on ranked.

in diablo 3 you select the region you want to be in the settings. So im sure its going to queue you at the location you selected

I'm glad they aren't charging for Global Pay. Of course you'd think that would be a no-brainer but with Blizzard you never know. Good to see they aren't trying to nickle and dime people with this. The Diablo III version is free too

I wish they'd add instant tournament creation like WC3 as well. It would be cool to be able to jump into a diamond only tournament on the fly and see how you do

Yoshichan

Will HotS be 40 or 60 bucks?

Fuck yeah :3

He said "prob" because they haven't said. Don't get your hopes up too much. This is the company that charges full price for their games 3 years after they come out.

FROM THE SC2 TOURNY THREAD - Quote this as much as you can so I can get this done ASAP:

I've come up with a few lists:

People on SC2 Rank List with no Forum Name:

- Dingus
- damisa
- Profit

People without a TimeZone:

- Hazaro
- (._.)
- Tashi
- Q8D3vil
- Dizzy
- Striek
- BigAT
- Mystery
- Zen

People who aren't on the SC2 Rank List but added themselves:

- Pancakes
- AdventureRacing
- lawlohwhat
- DTKT
- Son1x
- Berg Ark

If you know the forum name of the people who are on the SC2 Rank list I listed, let me know.

If you're on the list for time zones, let me know your time zone. If you know the time zone for someone else, let me know that too.

If you're not on the SC2 Rank list but added yourself, play your placement matches or give me your last rank so I can seed you.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I used to be Platnium last time I played.

"HoTS Feature list:

Multiplayer resume from replay
Global Play
Multilanguage support
Clan/group system
Unranked matchmaking
Multiplayer replay viewing

...etc
"

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/53...roduction_Director_Chris_Sigaty-5_7_2012#blog

Thanks for finally deciding to show up to the party Blizzard.

and thanks for making people pay $40 to get shit that is supposed to be free.

Edit: I should F5 next time.

133428595336.gif

profit

I was just thinking about unranked matchmaking to practice new build orders/offrace. Blizzard reading minds
or finally being smart
confirmed!
Really glad for global play, get ready NA/Canada GAF!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
I was just thinking about unranked matchmaking to practice new build orders/offrace. Blizzard reading minds
or finally being smart
confirmed!
Really glad for global play, get ready NA/Canada GAF!

>panda buys second account to ladder T/P
>unranked ladder announced that week
;_;

Yoshichan

He said "prob" because they haven't said. Don't get your hopes up too much. This is the company that charges full price for their games 3 years after they come out.
:/ I guess you're right... fuck.

Holden

remind you that terran and protoss is the opposite of zerg

zerg is hard to learn but easier to master
but terran and protoss is easier to learn but harder to master.

BRAH.

Top Bottom