• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Euphor!a

Banned
The achievement is slightly mislabeled. When it says finish only using weapons, sells, and arrow wall, it means ONLY ADD THOSE TO YOUR REPERTOIRE. If you add the other stuff, even if you don't use it during the level, it will not unlock. I played the level twice for this reason.

Thanks

I'm going to be getting my blood drawn when the sale begins.

What a metaphor. What a metaphor, indeed.

When I come back, I'll be woozy and shit. Must stop myself from buying everything.

Euphor!a

Banned
Anyone know why when I try and start Revenge of the Titans it says "This game is currently unavailable. Please try again at another time."?

Xanathus

The Winter achievements made me go back and try the games I got from the older Humble Bundles and I've got to say, Atom Zombie Smasher has one of the best music tracks I've ever heard. If you have the game, the music files can be found in atomzombiesmasher\data\content\music

kswiston

Not very much I want, but let's see what happens!

This is the problem with Steam sales. You go in thinking that there are only a handful of titles you actively want to purchase, but then you see some C-list title that you laughed at on release for $2-3 and find yourself helpless to resist the impulse purchase. This is why more people on my Friend's list own Kane and Lynch 2 than Skyrim. More people own Kane and Lynch 2 of my list that the last 3 COD's combined.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Please stay out of the Xmas Sales thread. My wallet weeps whenever you enter, knowing you're going to be hyping up some awesome games I didn't plan on buying.

But... but... I cannot NOT do it. Small stuff deserves recognition and your wallets actually agree with me. They weep of joy! :p

kennah

I am not going to be able to be productive at work at all until the sale starts and I KNOW.

17.35 in the steam wallet. Let's do this!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
This is the problem with Steam sales. You go in thinking that there are only a handful of titles you actively want to purchase, but then you see some C-list title that you laughed at on release for $2-3 and find yourself helpless to resist the impulse purchase. This is why more people on my Friend's list own Kane and Lynch 2 than Skyrim.

Yeah, but for every Kane and Lynch there's a CivCity or a PB Winterbottom or a Super Meat Boy or a Flight Control--genuinely good games which sell for very small amounts and attract wide, happy audiences because of this. My hit : miss ratio on blind-buying unknown stuff for cheap has been very good.

If anything, the people who stick to the 5 retail releases they absolutely want are the ones who complain about how "shitty" the sales are. I guarantee you that there will be people this year who complain because they wanted Skyrim for $15-20 and Batman for $5-7.50 and they ignored all the wonderful high quality independent stuff out there. Their loss.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I'm spending no more then £50 on this sale. Including stuff I'm gifting to my mate.

EDIT:- Also, there are games that I haven't got around to playing from the last summer steam sale. I must be nuts.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Quickly gaf, everybody give me some money. Or else I won't be able to partake.

Time's ticking!

you can pm me said money.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Quickly gaf, everybody give me some money. Or else I won't be able to partake.

Time's ticking!

you can pm me said money.

You can contribute by playing the daily deals you already own and never played!

ElRenoRaven

There's a Fable Franchise pack in the registry, includes Fable TLC and Fable III plus DLC.

I'm sorry Fable ceased to exist after the TLC for me. Went from great game to some dumbed down shitty buggy piece of shit games. Such a shame too. The world they had created in Fable had so much potential too.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Are we doing an achievement/contest thread? or is everything going into the x-mas one?

My preference would be that it sticks in the Christmas one. There's no need for us to have a master list of everything when we can just link to the Wiki (or any page Valve puts up with a list), and general game strategy is totally welcome in the sale thread (honestly I'd prefer it to memetic no-content forum fads that happen). I'm not in contact with any of the other moderators today so if they have different feelings than me, they can feel free to subdivide things how they'd like. :)

This is the problem with Steam sales. You go in thinking that there are only a handful of titles you actively want to purchase, but then you see some C-list title that you laughed at on release for $2-3 and find yourself helpless to resist the impulse purchase. This is why more people on my Friend's list own Kane and Lynch 2 than Skyrim. More people own Kane and Lynch 2 of my list that the last 3 COD's combined.

Luckily as someone who has been a part of every Steam sale, my wallet has been fine for a few years now. After that first Christmas sale I've never really had an explosion of games. Each year there's a few but thankfully it's easier and easier each year.

Toma

Are we doing an achievement/contest thread? or is everything going into the x-mas one?

I think general stuff will stay there, and if there are bigger Gaf competitions with Gaf gifts, they'll get single threads.
Will also be hard to separate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom