• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
That reminds me, I should buy the Trails in the Sky poster/Bracer pin from Xseed's store eventually.

Yes, you should!

lZWSEas.png

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Well it looks like they weren't able to get redone sprites anyways, I suppose it's for the better.

Wasnt the sprites prerendered 3D models? I think if they had the original assets something could have been worked out for most of the part.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Green Man Gaming ‏@GreenManGaming 2h2 hours ago
DARK SOULS III PRE-ORDER UPDATE! Keys are being processed and will be heading out over the next few hours.

Balthuk

Currently playing Botanicula and boy oh boy. This game is so relaxing, adore visuals and music. Amanita make some amazing games.
If you liked Samorost or Machinarium try Botanicula. It has easier puzzles than Machinarium so far, more like Samorost 2's puzzles and it's probably the most charming, cheerful little game I've ever played. I'm an hour in and loving it.
I mean Machinarium was really cool, and the first couple of hours of Broken Age were excellent but this game surpasses both (so far) in terms of style and atmosphere.

Deques

Started playing and finished Qora.

Game 22: Qora - 2016-04-11
a4fd5a10a122ce6f969bbc20742db69c70961132.jpg

The game looks nice, but it's kinda slow. Moving your character from left to right takes like a minute (I might be exaggerating). There is not much to do, just go from left to right and watch cutscenes when they are available to see a story. It took around 2 hours to beat the game. Missed one achievement and there is another achievement for a "bad" ending. Don't wanna bother the whole game just for these achievements

I've had the store page for Dark Souls 3 open for almost 3 days but I finally pulled the trigger. Will be the first time I've played a Souls game on release (Japanese release shenanigans aside).

Please suggest me the highest quality hidden object games.

The games by Artifex Mundi are usually pretty good, and the one data links is one of my favorites so far. The Grim Legends games (1 and 2) are also pretty good.

EDIT: I actually have extra keys for the two Grim Legends games, which you can have if you send me a PM.

Jawmuncher

Just killed the Dragon in Dark Souls 3. Pretty cool, didn't expect it would turn into a two tier boss fight, with the second life bar having Father Gascoigne come in.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just killed the Dragon in Dark Souls 3. Pretty cool, didn't expect it would turn into a two tier boss fight, with the second life bar having Father Gascoigne come in.

I thought you said Souls games were beneath you now since they are played out?

kulapik

Ucchedavāda;200677266 said:
The games by Artifex Mundi are usually pretty good, and the one data links is one of my favorites so far. The Grim Legends games (1 and 2) are also pretty good.

EDIT: I actually have extra keys for the two Grim Legends games, which you can have if you send me a PM.

I have keys from a Indie Gala bundle I got but never redeemed. I got two since I got it with bitcoin

Why, what's wrong with RPG Codex?

They are completely useless. Their opinions are completely based on who is making the game and not the game itself. Its fine to have preferences and to state them as such but that isn't RPG Codex's thing. They will look at the same feature implemented in two separate but similar games the exact same way by two different developers, one developer the feature is revolutionary, another developer, broken and unusable.

redlacs

Ruruja

2 - I need it to have a good amount of SP content to get me interested (like 4+ hours against AI)

Playing against the AI the very first time you start the game is a good idea, they'll offer a challenge and you'll learn a fair bit. It has a season mode where you play 9 AI teams in 3v3 and you try to win the league.

Once you start doing aerials however, they're pretty much useless in competitive terms because they don't do aerials at all (I imagine it would be hard to program AI to do them).

please keep the dark souls talk in the OT
You mean talk about progress in the game (bosses, locations, secrets etc.) as in spoilers or any talk?
I read that as Dark Souls 2 (don't judge, I just sat on PC) and thought you are talking about the Ancient Dragon. Imagine my reaction when hearing about it two tier, haha.
That's smart of them. A ready, experienced and well working studio will become productive & efficient faster than building a new studio from the ground. Also nice to see people landing on their feet so quick.
Why don't you guys play with people from SteamGAF? Just a thought :p
It has truly been too long since we had a game night here. Fun times.
I'm very interested in WinStore numbers for QB.

Lain

I'm very interested in WinStore numbers for QB.

I have my doubts we'll see WinStore numbers, though if those were pretty good I have a feeling MS would shout about them from the rooftops if I had to judge from that PR statement when paired with this post, given those estimates are accurate:
The PAL Charts thread has some first week UK numbers/estimates: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1206590

QB ~28K
Alan Wake ~36K
The Order 1886 ~40K

I have my doubts we'll see WinStore numbers, though if those were pretty good I have a feeling MS would shout about them from the rooftops if I had to judge from that PR statement when paired with this post, given those estimates are accurate:
Hm, it's not a bomb by far but a lot less than I expected one of the bigger exclusives to make in a Xbox-strong country like UK. WinStore numbers must be puny o_O Shame for the success of the game is being hindered by management decisions. A Steam release would make the devs happier I believe.

Just got my Dark Souls 3 key from GMG.

Oh wow, I can get the Steam controller discount. Figured I would have to buy the game through Steam in order to be eligible for that.

def sim

Hm, it's not a bomb by far but a lot less than I expected one of the bigger exclusives to make in a Xbox-strong country like UK. WinStore numbers must be puny o_O Shame for the success of the game is being hindered by management decisions. A Steam release would make the devs happier I believe.

Mhm

It's too bad. Alan Wake found its success on steam, IIRC, and I absolutely doubt a poor port of Quantum Break on the W10 store is going to do the same if the Xbox version underperforms.

Here's hoping Remedy can do better.

Rhaknar

Just got my Dark Souls 3 key from GMG.

Oh wow, I can get the Steam controller discount. Figured I would have to buy the game through Steam in order to be eligible for that.

same, but no season pass key yet

I can't wait to play the DSIII The Librarians of the Last Flame edition in like 2-3 years, especially now that I'm playing through DS2 and having a good time with it.

It's no Dark Souls 1, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom