• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SteamWorld Dig 2 |OT| New Digs

Here's a spoiler free image running in handheld mode. The colours really pop off the Switch's screen.
DKMF4w5VwAA2xLa.jpg:large

Plum

What do you recommend getting it on? Pro or switch? Any difference?

Won't be playing in handheld mode and using TV only

Both versions are identical in terms of art and framerate (1080p60fps) so really, it all depends on what console you prefer and if you're willing to wait a day longer or not.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
First Steamworld Dig was fucking awesome. I'm not usually one of those people who buy games day one when I have a monstrous backlog, but this studio %100 deserves it.

Da-Kid

Will buy tomorrow on Switch. Man the NS keeps on giving I swear.

Isn't Heist supposed to me on Switch too? Have yet to play that.

Nintendad

I ended up getting a code for this yesterday and have loved what I've played so far! It looks so good in handheld mode and the game in motion is just fantastic. I've enjoyed my time with the game so far and plan on putting in another couple hours with it tonight. feel free to ask if you have any questions. I'll try to answer them all.

SirShandy

Thursday eShop releases launch in the morning.

I guess certain developers can choose their launch hour.

Edit: Was really very wrong about this games launch time and corrected my error.

What do you recommend getting it on? Pro or switch? Any difference?

Won't be playing in handheld mode and using TV only

I played it with the Pro Controller mostly, dpad felt really nice. That being said I also used the split dpad while playing in handheld mode and it worked surprisingly well.

I haven't tried the PS4 version but I've played it on both PC and Switch and they're pretty much the exact same.

Naar

I played it with the Pro Controller mostly, dpad felt really nice. That being said I also used the split dpad while playing in handheld mode and it worked surprisingly well.

I haven't tried the PS4 version but I've played it on both PC and Switch and they're pretty much the exact same.

You said it used HD rumble well? Does the pro controller support HD rumble? I remember it was only the joy cons

Fireblend

Banned
2AM noooooooOOOOO

Ah well I can wait til tomorrow. Still have a couple of M+R stages I could try to perfect... or maybe I'll do some more rank grinding on Puyo Puyo...

RobertM

What a gem the first game was. I remember playing the first game a for a few minutes thinking it's a fairly boring and tedious game, but once I gave it a second chance, it was just pure relaxation and unadulterated fun as you got more upgrades and dug deeper.

Wish it came out on PS4 this week :(. Steamworld Heist is awesome too.

jariw

You said it used HD rumble well? Does the pro controller support HD rumble? I remember it was only the joy cons

Pro Controller supports HD Rumble in theory, but the HD Rumble it's very bad compared to the Joycons. Also, you lose most of the L/R HD Rumble with the Pro Controller. Don't know if Steamworld Dig 2 uses L/R, though.

I read yet another review that got me pretty hyped about the HD Rumble support:
https://nintendosoup.com/game-review-steamworld-dig-2/

Seems like I'll play this game with Joycons.

Naar

Pro Controller supports HD Rumble in theory, but the HD Rumble it's very bad compared to the Joycons. Also, you lose most of the L/R HD Rumble with the Pro Controller. Don't know if Steamworld Dig 2 uses L/R, though.

I read yet another review that got me pretty hyped about the HD Rumble support:
https://nintendosoup.com/game-review-steamworld-dig-2/

Seems like I'll play this game with Joycons.

Yup! There's some nice uses of it here. The ending probably has my favourite use outside of 1,2 Switch's Ball count.

Well if pro controller supports HD rumble then I'll probably get it for switch

Thanks!

Doorman

I haven't played any of the SteamWorld games so far, but the high praise for this one has me kinda looking at it out of the corner of my eye. The problem is I already have more than enough of a current log of games to play and even more stuff just on the horizon that I'm already kind of mentally committed to (Golf Story, maybe the Superstar Saga remake since I love that game to bits, and of course Odyssey, in addition to finishing up Samus Returns and like half of Mario + Rabbids). I'm not sure if I can justify plunking down even more money for a game that looks great but I have no idea when I'd have the time to play it!

Stupid Switch is killing me right now, gonna have to turn into a really discerning shopper, but I'm glad this sounds great.

ghibli99

I haven't played any of the SteamWorld games so far, but the high praise for this one has me kinda looking at it out of the corner of my eye. The problem is I already have more than enough of a current log of games to play and even more stuff just on the horizon that I'm already kind of mentally committed to (Golf Story, maybe the Superstar Saga remake since I love that game to bits, and of course Odyssey, in addition to finishing up Samus Returns and like half of Mario + Rabbids). I'm not sure if I can justify plunking down even more money for a game that looks great but I have no idea when I'd have the time to play it!

Stupid Switch is killing me right now, gonna have to turn into a really discerning shopper, but I'm glad this sounds great.
Same boat, if not worse... still buying it. Will make time, even if it means taking some time away from other games. :)

jariw

So there is noone with early access to the game that got 100% and unlocked the secret for completion yet?
Just checking, I don't really want to get the secret itself spoiled.

Plum

So there is noone with early access to the game that got 100% and unlocked the secret for completion yet?
Just checking, I don't really want to get the secret itself spoiled.

I'm not sure what it is at all, really. I just got that info from a dev post here on GAF.

I think Vinny from Vinesauce will be streaming it tonight. He got it early somehow, showed it on his home menu last night on switch.

Syril

Well apparently this is the best game ever so now I'm playing the first game since it's being given away on Origin right now.

Top Bottom