• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
What does everyone consider a fair price for these characters. Assume they will be sold in pairs. At what price does the purchase of them become a no brainer.

It would be great if all 12 characters will be available before evo.
Lets hope. Problem is, if they are too close to Evo they will most likely not be allowed i assume.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.

???

????

Do you not know what on-disc DLC is? I see you have the ability to quote posts but can you actually read them?

edit : no Beef, I'm serious, go ahead and show me the occasion where I explicitly said " I'm sure this dlc will be on disc when it's shipped ". Go on mate, I'm in fucking suspense.
edit 2 : guess not huh?

zlatko

Banned
What does everyone consider a fair price for these characters. Assume they will be sold in pairs. At what price does the purchase of them become a no brainer.

Personally I feel $2.99 a pair = gdlk price, will buy all even those I'm not interested in.

$4.99 = I pick and choose.

Higher than that? Well I'll only be buying Bryan or Cody pack, and that's it. :/

Novid

Banned

Lets hope. Problem is, if they are too close to Evo they will most likely not be allowed i assume.

how is that gonna be possible when the orginizers have to check balance and all the rest. I dont expect any DLC to be usable before EVO.
get on the poison futanari-sama train boys!

Yeah, we'll have to see when the cutoff date will be then. If we get characters in packs of 4 and they start releasing next month then we can have all characters out in June. I can't remember the cutoff date for AE last year but I think it was a month in advance. So if we get all characters by early June theres a chance they will be allowed at evo.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
One of the leak lists (can't remember which) said this was the case and that they'd be around $8 per pack. Not sure how much stock to put in that, though.

If its 8 dollars for 4 characters sign me up for all the dlc chars. That a fair price in my opinion.

Sblargh

Banned
One of the leak lists (can't remember which) said this was the case and that they'd be around $8 per pack. Not sure how much stock to put in that, though.

That's horrible. I only really want Sakura and Bryan, so I am possibly buying 6 characters I don't want?
It's the reason I never bought any costume pack all over again.

That's horrible. I only really want Sakura and Bryan, so I am possibly buying 6 characters I don't want?
It's the reason I never bought any costume pack all over again.

It's my main gripe with Capcom's DLC methods. Let me pick and choose what I want to buy instead of forcing me to pay for shit I don't want. I'm not going to pay $4-5 for one costume, and I'm damn sure not going to pay $8 for one character.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
LryLs.jpg

lol

zlatko

Banned
I am fine with it...but I know I wont be fine with how long they make us wait. They should put out a new pack every 2 weeks after release.

I agree on that. I just want it all ASAP, but if they really aren't fully done yet characters, then it makes sense. When they are finished it'd be nice if it goes like that once completed.

You know what'd make sense though? 1 week = characters, next week = dlc costumes. Keep alternating between the two, and throw in other DLC too here and there maybe like colors and gems.(Not new gems, just the pre order ones.)

ShinAmano

I agree on that. I just want it all ASAP, but if they really aren't fully done yet characters, then it makes sense. When they are finished it'd be nice if it goes like that once completed.

You know what'd make sense though? 1 week = characters, next week = dlc costumes. Keep alternating between the two, and throw in other DLC too here and there maybe like colors and gems.(Not new gems, just the pre order ones.)

I would be ok with that, the thing is you want to keep people engaged before they loose interest in the game. The quicker the DLC is out the more likely people are to buy it.

nHDR

Banned
Regarding the nickle-'n-diming behind the DLC: do any of you think they incorporated gems just so they could create more instances of micro-transactions? I mean, the game does not need gems in order to function and play properly. All they really do is add some small bonuses, no?

Just seems like a cover-up to find a way to charge us extra cash for the little things. Think of something akin to charging for furniture in The Sims.

Edit: Will they force everyone to download big patches for the characters irrespective of whether they've been bought or not?

Didn't that plague Mortal Kombat when they did it? Poor form really.

The exact opposite actually, they offered optional "compatibility packs", and if your opponent had neither the character bought or the compatibility pack downloaded, you couldn't use DLC characters against them, so the people who supported the makers with extra money got hurt the most.

The exact opposite actually, they offered optional "compatibility packs", and if your opponent had neither the character bought or the compatibility pack downloaded, you couldn't use DLC characters against them, so the people who supported the makers with extra money got hurt the most.

That's just atrocious.

Mandatory patches with the character's data are the way to go.

There should be a patch with the data, then the store should have an unlock key (for the patch data).

They'd surely want to release as few as possible then. Maybe one huge one at the start with all DLC characters then stutter the release of the characters.

That's just utterly rubbish.

I think I'll see how this turns out for Vita. If not, I'll just give it a miss.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Regarding the nickle-'n-diming behind the DLC: do any of you think they incorporated gems just so they could create more instances of micro-transactions? I mean, the game does not need gems in order to function and play properly. All they really do is add some small bonuses, no?

Just seems like a cover-up to find a way to charge us extra cash for the little things. Think of something akin to charging for furniture in The Sims.

No, I really don't think the origin of the gem system was purely for the sake of microtransactions.

I know it's unpopular to give the game producer any benefit of a doubt... but I do believe they wanted to experiment with allowing people to customize their character in terms of play mechanics. It makes a lot of sense from the perspective that they angst over how to balance the games so that it is perceived as "fair". The gem system essentially puts it in the hands of the players - convinced that Jin is overpowered? Then devise an anti-Jin gem loadout.

And honestly, I find that fascinating. I think it is a great idea to experiment with at least once.

What I do believe though, is that the marketing department at Capcom saw the gem system and the drooling fangs came out - "hey, we can turn these into DLC packs! Lots of them!" I rather suspect this is why the DLC gems look enticing but have limitations such as taking up two slots. As if the producers were trying to keep things in check, so that DLC gems could not be accused of being purely "pay to win".

Corky

I'm not sure what the process of datamining entails but the googledocs the guys on srk made has roughly 700 entries for dlc gems.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I'm not sure what the process of datamining entails but the googledocs the guys on srk made has roughly 700 entries for dlc gems.

I have to wonder if each entry really corresponds to a unique gem. With that many, seems like it'd be hard to create unique ones that weren't redundant.

Corky

700 DLC gems?

Entries.

I have to wonder if each entry really corresponds to a unique gem. With that many, seems like it'd be hard to create unique ones that weren't redundant.

I agree, but keep in mind that there's going to be 3 slots gems in the future so with that in mind you can create a plethora of different permutations.

Played this today. I'm no street fighter player or FG expert so my opinion is meaningless. Didn't really dig it. The whole thing felt goofy. As a (bad) Tekken player, it just felt too stiff. I know I shouldn't compare the two... but someone did mash these two dissimilar brands together so its bound to happen.

Wish I had a modded machine like the friend whose machine I played it on so I can have this for free too *troll/ono face*

Edit: I don't condone pirating games.

zlatko

Banned
DLC costumes, alt characters I will buy all. Gems I will def pick and choose.

Not all for me on the DLC costumes. Alt characters if priced right I will buy all to experiment with and learn their tools available in fights.

DLC costumes I will grab Rolento's, Steve's(my favorite alt outfit of them all), King's Alex outfit and Nina's Rolento outfit. Those are the four I like the most. I'm sure they will all be in separate packs though, so FML. :(

Top Bottom