• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

LowParry

Played this today. I'm no street fighter player or FG expert so my opinion is meaningless. Didn't really dig it. The whole thing felt goofy. As a (bad) Tekken player, it just felt too stiff. I know I shouldn't compare the two... but someone did mash these two dissimilar brands together so its bound to happen.

Wish I had a modded machine like the friend whose machine I played it on so I can have this for free too *troll/ono face*

You don't deserve to play greatness. /troll

cdy1.png

cdy2.png

cdy3.png

guy1.png

guy2.png

guy3.png

bry3.png

Seriously though, they couldn't even give us ONE free costume set for playing the game?

Hmmm all the information dug up after data mining is hard to digest. I guess I'll pass on buying the console version of this game, maybe If they included all the characters on the PC version I might reconsider down the line. Oh well.

What happens if you start a combo with a chain, do something else, then end the combo with a link? Does the chain auto cancel the ability to hook the special no matter where it is in a combo?

LI Joe saying there's frame drops in the PS3 version? Anyone with that version seen the same?

I noticed slowdown I believe while playing scramble mode.

What happens if you start a combo with a chain, do something else, then end the combo with a link? Does the chain auto cancel the ability to hook the special no matter where it is in a combo?

Ken can combo off an EX Hurricane kick.
If you meant by Chain Combo > EX Hurricane Kick > Link Combo.

You don't deserve to play greatness. /troll
In all honesty, I'll probably be getting this... just not soon. Maybe the Vita version or the ultra version that comes with the vita extras? I should edit my last post so it doesn't seem that dickish. I don't support pirated games like my friend does. Which is why I won't let him mod a machine for me.

Ken can combo off an EX Hurricane kick.
If you meant by Chain Combo > EX Hurricane Kick > Link Combo.

Exactly what I was referring to. So in that instance, I could do a special after the Link at the end? Or does the chain at the front kill the ability to link -> super since it's still in the same combo?

For the sake of it, lets just say he could combo off of a standard Hurricane, as doing the EX one kills the super entirely since it uses meter.

Exactly what I was referring to. So in that instance, I could do a special after the Link at the end? Or does the chain at the front kill the ability to link -> super since it's still in the same combo?

For the sake of it, lets just say he could combo off of a standard Hurricane, as doing the EX one kills the super entirely since it uses meter.

Super only takes 2 meter, so it is possible to use an EX hurricane kick.

Chain Combo > EX Hurricane Kick > Cr. LK xx Super.

Super only takes 2 meter, so it is possible to use an EX hurricane kick.

Chain Combo > EX Hurricane Kick > Cr. LK xx Super.

Oh damn, I had no idea they only took 2 sticks of meter. Thanks for the info! Glad you can mix and match. Reminds me of Killer Instinct in mixing autos with manuals mid combo.

Hmm well if its in LA then I guess I can wait. Already got it preordered on Amazon but unfortunately PS3 special editions isn't eligible for release date delivery =/.

Pretty cool to know that a gaf member is in Northridge =D

My CE is marked for release-date delivery. I know the main page for the game doesn't show it but try doing it through the order process.

I know it shouldn't matter, but I also have Prime.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Well, no matter what, seems like I'll be able to make Asuka at least look like Wild Daigo... which sounds pretty fun! Ha, I never paid attention to the fact that he has the same last name as Jin, Jun, and Asuka...

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Alt costumes in this game are definitely pushing sanity barriers.

But then, lots of folks said most of the SFIV alt costumes were unimaginative! Careful what you wish for!

Top Bottom