• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Direct on 9/4 12AM (EU), 7AM (JP) - 8/4 6PM (EST), 3PM (PST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

If he intentionally announced it early then we must be getting some big news.....
I can't let myself get more hyped than I already am.

Anth0ny

They are but at the same time people still haven't made a peace with them. After all this time too.

It sounds like one of the "working titles" Nintendo includes on their press release:

A new title by Monolith Soft for Wii U

The Legend of Zelda for Wii U

Super Smash Bros for Wii U

If he intentionally announced it early then we must be getting some big news.....
I can't let myself get more hyped than I already am.

...It's a Direct specifically dedicated to a game that we don't know much about yet. Of course it's going to feature some big news.

EmpReb

Banned
6IjYKvr.gif

But seriously I might just go and buy that $200 Refurbished Wii U for this game and MK8 and Bayo2. All of them would justify it in my mind.

MYE

I didn't see it mentioned, but Sakurai Tweeted about the Direct yesterday, and he said that he intentionally announced it early because he wanted to give people time to prepare. He must have something big planned.

excited-gif20.gif

GamerSoul

I didn't see it mentioned, but Sakurai Tweeted about the Direct yesterday, and he said that he intentionally announced it early because he wanted to give people time to prepare. He must have something big planned.

Lol how nice of him. He's giving us time to cancel all our appointments.

GAF servers be like™:

iYA2WLsGej38R.gif

Haha. The hardest part will bee having to wait a whole 60 seconds bfore poting again.

emb

Four days wasn't enough time for me to get off of work, Sak'rai. ):

Sadist

I dunno, I'd say there is big difference between nutty and crazy :p

I'm pretty hyped for this though, we just don't know a lot about the game. Honestly, I kind of prefer it this way. Back with Brawl and the crazy JAPAN TIME stuff, we were over exposed to Smash hype. Especially us Euro folk when they released Brawl in June of 2008 :/

To be honest, the things I want to know about are pretty much gameplay related at this point. Yes, characters are great and all, but having picked up Brawl again recently I've realized how bogged down the game can feel at times.

BusterJol

With potential big news coming for Smash on the 8th and Fulgore coming out the 9th for Killer Instinct, it's going to be a great week.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I dunno, I'd say there is big difference between nutty and crazy :p

I'm pretty hyped for this though, we just don't know a lot about the game. Honestly, I kind of prefer it this way. Back with Brawl and the crazy JAPAN TIME stuff, we were over exposed to Smash hype. Especially us Euro folk when they released Brawl in June of 2008 :/

I totally agreed with you. That is one of few reasons why I'm pleased with daily images. It's not really Dojo but people still constantly complained that they want Dojo. When I was thinking that I don't really want Dojo to happens again.

SSB4 Daily Image FTW!

XenodudeX

Regarding netcode I trust bamco.

I'm not worried about the netcode as I'm sure it will be at least better than brawls. I'm more concerned about the online mode ( if there is one). Brawls online mode was extremely bare bones and limited. If you didn't have any online friends to play with, you were stuck playing 2 min matches. I want full control on stocks, time limits, items ect. There's no reason that can't be done. No technical reason anyway.

Brawls online mode was the biggest gaming let down last gen for me, I really hope they improve it.

think we'll get some info re: online modes and options, netcode, so on? quality netplay will make or break this game.

No it won't... Smash Bros has never been about Online Play, even if they have a great online mode (or none at all) it STILL won't mean much to anyone. Smash Bros has always been a party fighter.

ugoo18

Safe to say that Subspace or whatever is replacing it will probably be shown during this direct.

Neiteio

It's too painful to get hyped about newcomers. Not for fear of disappointment (
the omission of Ridley's surfboarding nephew, Radley
), but because it makes the wait unbearable. When it comes to gaming, nothing gets Neiteio more hyped than Smash Bros... except maybe new Pokémon.

m0t0k1

Safe to say that Subspace or whatever is replacing it will probably be shown during this direct.

I really hope for something like it was in melee but then a bit more meaty. Also really sad to see subspace go. I really loved that about brawl but i am probably in the minorty on that.

I totally agreed with you. That is one of few reasons why I'm pleased with daily images. It's not really Dojo but people still constantly complained that they want Dojo. When I was thinking that I don't really want Dojo to happens again.

SSB4 Daily Image FTW!

I completely agree with that! IMO, overhyping was one of the biggest problems Brawl had, besides the fact that most people knew everything about the game when it came out. The daily images give us enough information to keep hyped and discussing the game, while it just doesn't reveal that much about the final game.

Said that, its nice having some big info dumps every once in a while, so this direct is really welcome.

TunaLover

Wii U Smash Bundle, coming with a Bluetooth Wavebird controller.
No kidding, Sakurai said that GCN controller is the best controller to play Smash

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
It's too painful to get hyped about newcomers. Not for fear of disappointment (
the omission of Ridley's surfboarding nephew, Radley
), but because it makes the wait unbearable. When it comes to gaming, nothing gets Neiteio more hyped than Smash Bros... except maybe new Pokémon.

Where have you been, bro, hardly ever see you post anymore

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
For people who don't come into smash thread, if you want to make avatar bets then just post your bets. I will see if I would accept or not.

Smash Brothers Brawl Wii u edition

or

Smash Brothers Melee HD

for June/August and the new one for Wii u/3DS in December. that's the big news

wii servers shut down in may I think so the Wii u brawl will take over B^)

Azure J

One of the spaces on Rosti's bingo board should be IntelliHeath loses an avatar bet. :p

Regarding the game itself, it gets very easy to constantly say who you want to see in it, but to be honest, I'd really love to see more about the features and how they've changed or upgraded from Brawl. If this Direct was literally nothing but commentary on how robust the online system was, I'd be content too.

I'm also very very interested in seeing the mechanical direction of the game. I really hope Sakurai comes out and confirms that you won't be able to cancel early launch hit stun into air dodges more so than anything else. The exhibition match at E3 last year showed that there might be a cancel out of tumbling state when the hit stun has finished playing out and I think I'd be cool with that but it'd really be nice if they got closer to how it was handled in Melee, even if things like wave dashing/directional air dodges might not be back.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
There will be over 50 characters in Smash 4 including transformations.

I already threw that challenge out in other thread. No one wouldn't bite my challenge. I bet that there will be 50 or more than 50 characters in Smash 4 (counting those transformation and pokemon Trainer's pokemons)

No one bite it yet, yet people are talking about cuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom