• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Direct on 9/4 12AM (EU), 7AM (JP) - 8/4 6PM (EST), 3PM (PST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cafemomo

Hmm if a Xenoblade character is announced I'd be very surprised.
Someone from Xenogears would be better. Like KOS-MOS

She can be Namco's rep in the game. She has also appeared on Nintendo hardware before (Xenosaga I+II, Project X, Robot Taisen, etc)

ugh that bingo card with the best buy pic on it has me thinking that's where the smash demo will be appearing

Nintendo did say they are gonna do more of those type of events

that's not how you sell systems Nintendo , how not to make money 101

Kjellson

I have never laid so much time for making an image, but fuck it, I'll post it anyway.

3Fm8FX2.jpg

L~A

Nintendo keeping the hype risin' :

Don't forget, we will host a #SmashBros. Direct at 00:00 on 9/4 (11pm UK time on 8/4)

I wish it was already Wednesday... I understand they want people to watch it, hence the announcement almost a week early, but it's just making the wait harder... and the longer the wait, the crazier the hype...

Someone from Xenogears would be better. Like KOS-MOS

She can be Namco's rep in the game. She has also appeared on Nintendo hardware before (Xenosaga I+II, Project X, Robot Taisen, etc)

They're not going to be picking someone with no serious nintendo connection when the same series has two big exclusive Nintendo home console games.

It'll be someone from Xenoblade or X, or no-one at all.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
okay, I'm offering the bets here to people who are hating on Snake.

If you think Snake wouldn't be in the game, then you are eligible to make the bets with me..

Condition: Snake wouldn't be in the game then you will win the bet.

Loser: two week avatars; keep it clean as possible

iKhayal18

How would you react if they announced crossbuy?
You buy Wii U's Smash and you get the 3DS one and viceversa.
That could be the start of a new account system with the improvements everyone has been asking for.

Also, a lot of people that might have bought the 3DS version could be interested in getting a Wii U since they have already a free game waiting for them (resulting in an increase of Wii U sales)

SmithnCo

How would you react if they announced crossbuy?
You buy Wii U's Smash and you get the 3DS one and viceversa.
That could be the start of a new account system with the improvements everyone has been asking for.

Would be nice but they are treating these as two separate games. Too good to happen, much like a demo.

AdanVC

I believe there would be two new big trailers on this Direct. One featuring an epic newcomer and another with all the remain veterans that are not still confirmed (Wario, Ness, Yoshi, etc.) all in one single trailer. Then another few minutes talking about the new online features, game modes showing awesome footage and who knows maybe at the end of the Direct a megaton announcement including release date.

Ryce

I believe there would be two new big trailers on this Direct. One featuring an epic newcomer and another with all the remain veterans that are not still confirmed (Wario, Ness, Yoshi, etc.) all in one single trailer. Then another few minutes talking about the new online features, game modes showing awesome footage and who knows maybe at the end of the Direct a megaton announcement including release date.
lol

i bet half of the time they talk about some lame ass miiverse feature. like the animal crossing one where you can upload your character from the 3DS game or something like that.

Starting off with Mewtwo. Then Gameplay, some new features like Mario Kart TV, finishing with some final smashes.

Velcro Fly

Basketball and Wrestlemania have been great for having me forget this. But all day Tuesday I'm going to be pumped to see this. Give the information directly to me, Iwata!

The thing I'm most worried about with the new Smash is the controls.

As for characters, I got my Link and Mario. :)

The newcomer I'd want to see the most is Isaac from Golden Sun (Robin from Ougen no Taiyou). Golden Sun took my world by storm back in the day when it released on GBA. I played Golden Sun before I even played Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom