• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Direct on 9/4 12AM (EU), 7AM (JP) - 8/4 6PM (EST), 3PM (PST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadist

okay, I'm offering the bets here to people who are hating on Snake.

If you think Snake wouldn't be in the game, then you are eligible to make the bets with me..

Condition: Snake wouldn't be in the game then you will win the bet.

Loser: two week avatars; keep it clean as possible

If Snake isn't in then a blood price will be paid.
Haha, oh dear.

Snake in Smash 4 would be great, but I don't think it's going to happen. With Mega Man and Sonic already in the roster I assume the only third party character they could realisticly add is a Namco character. If that's the case, eh. I'd rather have Snake or Big Boss.

I would really love for Snake to be back, he fit really well with me. I can't see it happening, but you never know. A little paycheck from Kojima could change things...

I highly doubt we will get any more guest characters, besides the focus of Smash Bros. is Nintendo characters duking it out and adding more non-Nintendo characters will drown that focus out.

Not saying that guest characters shouldn't be in the series, but we've all got to remember what Smash Bros. is about.

Sadist

Kyūkon;107155670 said:
This Direct should totally reveal Monita to be the next Smash announcer.
ifD9ZTW6xUgFh.gif

Anth0ny

My official predictions:

5 minutes of nothing/talking about the old games
5 minutes of recapping things from the daily screenshots, just now in video form
5 minutes of showcasing Rosalina and Little Mac's move set
5 minutes showing a new veteran and a new newcomer, complete with trailer. Newcomer will be Palutena. Or maybe mii.

No release date.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Melee HD announcement.
Melee HD announcement.
Melee HD announcement.
Melee HD announcement.
Melee HD announcement.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Melee HD announcement.
Melee HD announcement.
Melee HD announcement.
Melee HD announcement.
Melee HD announcement.
Only if the black hole glitch is intact. And even if it isn't.

Azure J

Come to think of it Heath, what would your reaction be if Ganondorf came back with a full move set change to a more black mage type of deal (think of how he fought as a boss battle in OoT). He keeps Flame Choke and his down air in this "What If" though.

I never really thought about it before, but maybe people might be more upset at changes now that he's been mostly the same in two games.

Come to think of it Heath, what would your reaction be if Ganondorf came back with a full move set change to a more black mage type of deal (think of how he fought as a boss battle in OoT). He keeps Flame Choke and his down air in this "What If" though.

I never really thought about it before, but maybe people might be more upset at changes now that he's been mostly the same in two games.
As a Ganondorf main in Brawl, I would be cool with it. I can always go to another character. Samus and Bowser are favorites.

Samus' bombs better explode on impact instead of a damn timer!

Also, Twilight Princess was an impressively bad game. Rarely can a game bore me that much. A big empty world, dull wolf mechanics, boring dungeons for the first half of the game, and absolutely no evolution of a dated and simplistic combat system.

Obv., we'll get seven newcomer reveals. Three villains, three heroes, one gag.

Ridley, King K. Rool, and King Hippo on one side, Palutena, Shulk, and Dixie Kong on the other. And then Tingle shows up.

Samus's bombs better explode on impact instead of a damn timer!
This is unlikely to happen. The bombs already explode on impact if you hit them before the time is up, but they have a time limit in the games as well. There's no reason Sakurai would change it to be less faithful to the game.

This is unlikely to happen. The bombs already explode on impact if you hit them before the time is up, but they have a time limit in the games as well. There's no reason Sakurai would change it to be less faithful to the game.
He should change them to be less faithful because as they are, they are terrible and completely useless. They were fine in Melee--they exploded on impact, and Samus was capable of acting during a bomb jump (and the ability to do instant aerial attacks during a bomb jump was their actual stated purpose). In Brawl, they don't explode on impact (rendering them completely useless as an attack) and Samus is essentially penalized for bomb jumping because she's incapable of doing anything during them. They need to go back to how they worked in Melee. In fact, I would say that about nearly everything about Samus. Game balance shouldn't be that much of a slave to faithfulness.

He should change them to be less faithful because as they are, they are terrible and completely useless. They were fine in Melee--they exploded on impact, and Samus was capable of acting during a bomb jump (and the ability to do instant aerial attacks during a bomb jump was their actual stated purpose). In Brawl, they don't explode on impact (rendering them completely useless as an attack) and Samus is essentially penalized for bomb jumping because she's incapable of doing anything during them. They need to go back to how they worked in Melee. In fact, I would say that about nearly everything about Samus. Game balance shouldn't be that much of a slave to faithfulness.
I'm not gonna argue that things should be changed about Samus, her charge beam for example works completely like it ever does in the game. I'm just saying it's not likely Sakurais going to pick the one thing that actually reflects her in-game abilities and change it.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

I would be insanely happy if it happened. For strange reason, I always enjoy to play with heavy villain character so Ganondorf is one of the character that I fall love with in Melee, and I truly like his changes in Brawl. I'm fine with more changes if Sakurai felt that he need to.

Kouriozan

Yeah, I also hope Ganondorf get some new moves.
I was always weird for him to be an almost 100% clone of Captain Falcon, he has the Triforce of Power & always use some sort of magic in Zelda games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom