• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Direct on 9/4 12AM (EU), 7AM (JP) - 8/4 6PM (EST), 3PM (PST)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already threw that challenge out in other thread. No one wouldn't bite my challenge. I bet that there will be 50 or more than 50 characters in Smash 4 (counting those transformation and pokemon Trainer's pokemons)

No one bite it yet, yet people are talking about cuts.

spoilers: those are two different groups of people

Given Sakurai's history of trolling....

>Direct intro animation
Sakurai: "... Haha, I got you all good! Man, the looks on your faces when this thing was announced! Welp, see ya! I have TWO games that need developing!"
>Direct outro animation

Cue speculation on what the second game is, when he actually simply meant the 3DS and WiiU versions of Super Smash Bros.

Kouriozan

5B28ZBq.jpg

DaBoss

Was talked about, but wasn't linked to. Sakurai's tweets regarding the Direct:

Sakurai said:
【突然のお知らせ】 4月9日(水)朝7時、『大乱闘スマッシュブラザーズ Direct』を放送します!! 新作『スマブラ』のさまざまな情報を、世界同時に"直接"お届けしますので、ぜひごらんください。 #NintendoDirectJP

Google Translate:
7:00 Wednesday morning April 9 [news of the sudden], broadcast the "Super Smash Bros. Direct"! At the same time the world "directly" because it will deliver a variety of information new work of "Smash Bros." please have a look. # NintendoDirectJP

Sakurai said:
なお, 「スマブラ」公式Twitter ( @ SmashBrosJP )も,本日から立ち上げ! 中の人は私じゃありませんが,こちらもよろしくお願いします.

Google Translate:
And say Nintendo Direct, announced suddenly, airing it, but is often suddenly. This time, I tried to have a little room. The "Smash Bros." official Twitter also (@ SmashBrosJP), people of launch! Medium from today It is not me, but thank you also here.

All I want is an Isaac newcomer reveal, and that's all I've wanted since freaking Brawl was first revealed. Everything after that would just be icing on top.

I'm hoping this Direct elaborates on the differences between the two SKUs of the game...Wii U vs 3DS. And also talks about what is cross-functional between the two games and what isn't. We know the versions use home console stages vs portable title stages, but what else? Do you get a discount on either version of the game if you buy one of the versions?

Release window will be interesting to know.

Azure J

All I want is an Isaac newcomer reveal, and that's all I've wanted since freaking Brawl was first revealed. Everything after that would just be icing on top.

As someone who got STUPID hype when he saw the Lyn banner on the Dojo then scrolled down...

I feel for you man.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
The Nintendo Direct bingo cards, as usual, here with an updated design:

Example (some of the more popular newcomer requests, plus some personal suggestions)

smashdirect_example9guem.png

Template

smashdirect_templatei7u2w.png

Only thing not included is the word bingo, but I think it's clear regardless what it's about.

Awesome. Going by Nintendo's history, this likely means the game is coming out sooner than expected.

Or they just really need something to get people interested in the Wii U. I'm hoping for the former.

Terrell

Safe to say that Subspace or whatever is replacing it will probably be shown during this direct.

Good lord, I hope not. I'd take anything else over another slog like that. The silent movie storyline going on behind it was cute, but the actual execution was awful.

Subspace was too much of a drag. It just went on and on. The Melee variant is actually better.
HIGH FIVE!

i wonder if they're gonna announce it as F2P in this direct or if they're waiting for E3 for that

ibqcX351YXtHFs.gif

Converse

Banned
If Bayonetta's ass is a newcomer, that should be an instant "bingo."

Guys, I am hyped. Of late, Nintendo has really gotten into this groove of conservative game reveals followed by face-melting followups (see Super Mario 3D World, the slow burn from "fucking Donkey Kong" to "this game," the transition from "Project P-100" to Kamiya's Wonderful 101 Director's Cut trailer in his own Nintendo Direct, etc.). I've long felt that they've been pretty conservative with Smash 4 thus far, so I'm hoping this is the part where Nintendo whips out its metaphorical dick.

One thing I could see Nintendo doing is detailing the 3DS-Wii U compatibility. We already know that the 3DS version offers some sort of customization options that carry over to the Wii U. I wouldn't be surprised to see Nintendo using the success of the 3DS as leverage for upping Wii U sales and exposure by implementing features that really make 3DS players want to transfer their progress/customizations to the Wii U.

Majestad

Banned
Rösti;107058779 said:

Example (some of the more popular newcomer requests, plus some personal suggestions)

Template

Only thing not included is the word bingo, but I think it's clear regardless what it's about.

That bingo design is beautiful mang.

Village

She is a sega character still.

One sega gives no shits about.

And if sega is asked for two reps

IMO lets be really they are going to pick an animal.

An orange cute one, or a jet black egdy one . An assist or otherwise. The latter already in brawl, during the 06 shit period. And sonic is doing relatively good now, and having a new series. SHIEEET.

Just sayin.

Rösti;107058779 said:

Template

I tried my hand.

EDIT: Worth mentioning that I only see a few of these things happening, just having some fun.

exfatal

You and me both bud.. we just gotta keep believing. Issac or Matthew i wont be picky
Though i'd really want Issac over his son.

Also am I the only hoping to see a Ganondorf vid feature who new moveset.

Darryl

Banned
Hmm if a Xenoblade character is announced I'd be very surprised.

I don't know. If X is really in the same spiritual line as Xenoblade and Shulk is in there in whatever form, then he seems like the most likely addition outside of Mii and Mega Man. It makes sense for too many reasons. I'm gonna be disappointed if he just gets an assist trophy.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
What font did you use?
The font inside the different bingo squares is Frankfurter Medium available from Linotype. The font used together with the Nintendo Direct logo is ITC Avant Garde Gothic Standard Medium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom