• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Direct on 9/4 12AM (EU), 7AM (JP) - 8/4 6PM (EST), 3PM (PST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmizzal

there's a distinct lack of hype in this thread. Hell the Pokemon Direct thread reached a bunch of pages while this barely scratched it, and it's almost Direct time!

Well there is a Smash bros thread already going on, so i'm sure that has something to do with it

there's a distinct lack of hype in this thread. Hell the Pokemon Direct thread reached a bunch of pages while this barely scratched it, and it's almost Direct time!

Nobody knew what was going to happen in the Pokemon direct. The net generation f pokemon, the games so many peope were waiting to buy a 3ds for, the 1st 3d pokemon, was announced in that one

DaBoss

I hope we'll see a certain vampire killer tomorrow. If not, I'll cry bloody tears like a wicked child.
Yea, so do I.

IiToBOe.png

EDIT: Wait, this doesn't work lol.

Could we possibly hear tomorrow an unveil for NFC support in the game? Perhaps a battling card sub game or unlockable content via cards or figurines?

Seems like a perfect match.

DaBoss

Could we possibly hear tomorrow an unveil for NFC support in the game? Perhaps a battling card sub game or unlockable content via cards or figurines?

Seems like a perfect match.
No thanks.
Anybody going to create a spoiler-free thread for those of us who won't be able to see it when it premieres?
Just go directly to the Nintendo Direct Archive page.

Here: http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/04-08-2014/
GAF will be dead. Don't worry
There's a possibility it won't be down.

Watching the mass-panic and everyone running around like chickens with their heads cut off today is really weird.

It's just a Direct about one game, you guys. It'll probably be twenty minutes long and, best case scenario, will reveal characters that you will know about by the end of this year, anyway. Everyone just chill.

Watching the mass-panic and everyone running around like chickens with their heads cut off today is really weird.

It's just a Direct about one game, you guys. It'll probably be twenty minutes long and, best case scenario, will reveal characters that you will know about by the end of this year, anyway. Everyone just chill.

A (summer) release date and (new) character reveals are enough to get hyped.

EXCITE.

cafemomo

Requested the day off for tomorrow. Call me super hyped.

This direct better make me drop my pants in a heart beat. That hasn't happened since LR's launch back last November.

Neiteio

I hope there's a special mode for the elite among us who kept their DK Bongos.

(I really just want an excuse to use those things again.)

emb

I get off work 30 minutes before the Direct starts, but live about 40 minutes away. If it was on while I were at work, I could just watch most of it. If it were on after I were back home, it'd be no problem. It's managed to be at the worst possible little time frame of the day for me (almost). :\

It's ok though, because it's less than a day lahguohwouqhg[hog[jg[h489439h8renklbnbihglkhja;lj

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
And yet people feel that Sakurai has no choice but to make Ridley or whoever playable...

Eh every creator knows the worst part of creating is the fans. That's why they all have PR people and agents.

::duckandhide:::

Platy

Sora Ltd. is just the office Sakurai and his wife work out of -- it's not an actual development studio. Project Sora was the name of the team put together to work on Kid Icarus: Uprising, but it dissolved after the game shipped.

Nintendo, Namco and Sora.

So Smash Bros 4 is like 1/3 indie ? xD

Neoxon

Her last name changed from Takahashi to Sakurai, and they're the only two employees of Sora Ltd.

Oddly enough, Sakurai's Japanese Wikipedia page (I think this is where I saw it) used to have a source, but it appears to have been taken down. One of Sakurai's friends (a fellow game developer) made a blog post in 2008 congratulating the two on their marriage. I distinctly remember the blog post saying that Sakurai promised to marry his fiancée as soon as Brawl was finished. It was only a few months ago that I read this, so I don't know why I'm having trouble finding it again.
Awwwwwww

Javier

So hold on a sec.

I've always been a supporter of Rayman in Smash, but now I'm reading that Ubisoft actually wanted him in?

dUSgODh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom