• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Direct on 9/4 12AM (EU), 7AM (JP) - 8/4 6PM (EST), 3PM (PST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALM5252

I'm not a fan of Rayman. I personally don't like his design, or lack of limbs. Though to be fair I didn't really grow with him.

Bomberman is my dream character though. But if Rayman got in, that's cool. Who knows I might like him because of Smash Bros. :)

My dream character is a relatively known, but not too popular Nintendo character, Chibi-Robo :)

My dream third party is definitely Bomberman.

part of me wishes they licensed Banjo from MS just for this game with a classic n64 moveset :(((

Sponge

Banned
I know Microsoft didn't really care about Rare games on the DS. Think there was even a Halo DS talk planned.

Maybe they'll let B&K be 3ds exclusive. Or they wont really care seeing the WiiU sales and dont consider it a competitor and give permission

EDIT: Hey, can I give the avatar I gave Zeer0id for the duration of his avatar bet loss to someone else if they lose?

Microsoft pulled Banjo and Conker out of DKRDS because those are their characters. I don't think they minded the other Rare characters in the game since they didn't have plans to use them.

Banjo (and Joanna) are truly characters who were robbed of their Smash spot.

I'm not a fan of Rayman. I personally don't like his design, or lack of limbs. Though to be fair I didn't really grow with him.

Bomberman is my dream character though. But if Rayman got in, that's cool. Who knows I might like him because of Smash Bros. :)

Agreed! Bomberman would be really really cool. I also want Banjo-Kazooie.

And Conker.

Shoyz

My two personal bets would be Neku and Skull Kid Majora, for a sequel and remake respectively. Can't see Rayman personally (especially after Legends)

Sponge

Banned
Agreed! Bomberman would be really really cool. I also want Banjo-Kazooie.

And Conker.

Conker prolly never would have been in even if he was still owned by Nintendo. Unlike Snake, you can't exactly tone done Conker considering what he does in his games.

Even if he was in DKR, that game along with Pocket Tales went out of print when Bad Fur Day came out because Nintendo didn't want kids discovering Conker. No way would Nintendo have allowed Conker to be alongside characters like Mario or Kirby.

Bomberman absolutely deserves it, though. I'd kill for Bomberman.

Banned
Picture of her:

gGOlN9U.png

She's ageless, just like Masahiro Sakurai.
Freaky sauce in that families genes.

Vire

I'd be happy with any of these really... don't fuck it up Nintendo.

Skull Kid from Majora's Mask
Banjo and Kazooie (Never happening) :(
Ridley
Bomberman
Sora
Ghirahim
King K Rool

kirby_fox

Banned
I normally get off at 5 and would make it home in time.

Totally going in early to work so I can leave early from work, get a haircut, do a little grocery shopping, get a late lunch somewhere and then watch this.

Most of it is to keep me busy instead of sitting in this thread reading everyone's wants and desires. I've got my one character I wanted to see the most (Lil Mac) so I'm more excited to see it all in action.

Can you explain why? I didn't even check wonderful 101 or read any negative comments about it.

It can be difficult and there's a lot of mechanics that go unexplained by the tutorials of the game. Of course, part of that is great for me because finding stuff by myself is cool. The accuracy of the drawing mechanic on the gamepad can also be a problem for some people, I've heard, but I had very little problem with it, even though I generally stuck with using the right stick.

sjay1994

The fact nintendo positioned this Direct in the evening rather than early morning means shit is probably going to get real.

I hope for more wiiU footage.

So who all thinks this will be a disappointment?

I'm honestly more optimistic than I've been in a quite a while for a Direct. There are no expectations for any game reveals, so I can't be disappointed there. I'm not emotionally invested in any character or stage reveals either. If they show Palutena or Lucina, great. If not, I won't be devastated.

This will probably be focused on the mundane gameplay details that make this Smash Bros different than the other Smash Bros. Those just happen to be my favorite Smash updates though. And the recent Mario Kart trailers have me feeling better about my Wii U as a whole.

If all we get are a few in-depth mechanics or details on different modes/online, then that's a rousing success in my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom