• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online: Lost Song |OT| - " "

Hexa

Any chance this show I'll get upgraded to PS4 along with the other Tales Games at the Bamco show next month?

There is some possible evidence related to trophies. Some people when they see the list of trophies see it listed as a PS3/PS4/Vita game, like this guy. Also sites that automatically generate trophy lists also have it for all three. Though there have been a lot of cases where trophies have appeared for a system that the game was never released on, I'd say there's a chance at least.

Cornbread78

There is some possible evidence related to trophies. Some people when they see the list of trophies see it listed as a PS3/PS4/Vita game, like this guy. Also sites that automatically generate trophy lists also have it for all three. Though there have been a lot of cases where trophies have appeared for a system that the game was never released on, I'd say there's a chance at least.

Nice, that would be something if it panned out.. Almost gets me over excited for the Bamco conference..

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I typed "show" instead of game. Dammit, I need to cut back on my anime watching...

Well, maybe we will get surprised and Bamco will finally grow up and get their games on PS4. .

Actually bandai namco is one of the more progressive companies here as they have been working with the ps4 a lot.

could have been more that artdink did not have time in the schedule to convert the macross30 engine to the ps4 and work on lost song and the game itself is not high budget adding to that.

am fairly certain that they were selected due to having an existing engine that fits the game theme plus bandai has a working relationship with them. so allowed for a title to be made within the specified schedule and budget.

Parakeetman

So when is this game releasing? Or has it already released?

Asian ver with english localized text but jp only voices has been already released. physical ps3 & vita copies available too and digital

no word on western release yet perhaps e3

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Just received my copy of the English version from P-A. Messed around in the tutorial on a break. The game looks pretty nice and runs well. Nice draw distances.

I'm not normally much of an RPG player, but I've been watching the anime series (halfway through season two now) and decided to give this a try. Feels very much like an extension of the anime. I take it that an Asian-region PSN account is needed for DLC, but since it looks like it's just bikinis and crap, I think I'll play this on either my U.S. or Japanese account.

Parakeetman

I was making a joke since she failed so much in HF. So many fails at 90% chance of success in HF and the screenshot showed a success in LS...?

its not that bad this time around thankfully as that was pretty bad in hf. resources are more common drops too generally

So to my understanding some of the events in the town hub you need to play as Kirito to start them. I'm curious if any of the events are missables (eg no longer able to start them once you are in the next chapter) or they will always be there regardless of story progression?

Parakeetman

So to my understanding some of the events in the town hub you need to play as Kirito to start them. I'm curious if any of the events are missables (eg no longer able to start them once you are in the next chapter) or they will always be there regardless of story progression?

Am not sure if things are missable or not considering I usually trigger all events if possible before progressing, when I was still playing that is.

MSMrRound

So about that boss at the central area (4th island spoilers)...is it recommended to
fight them before flipping all the switches to weaken them? Been trying to fight them but somehow the health of the boss recovers at a alarming rate. Does he absorb certain spells or?

Parakeetman

So about that boss at the central area (4th island spoilers)...is it recommended to
fight them before flipping all the switches to weaken them? Been trying to fight them but somehow the health of the boss recovers at a alarming rate. Does he absorb certain spells or?

am not sure on that actually would have to look it up later. as ive stopped advancing in the game for now.

---

trying to find info for you but need the boss' s name / area location name.

klee123

Oh wow so both Hollow Fragment and Lost Song are getting PS4 versions. Nice!

I never got around to getting Hollow Fragment on Vita so this is great news!

Cornbread78

It has been announced today:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sword-Art-Online-Video-Games/308419149358892

Also on Bandai Namco UK and Europe twitter accounts.

Also on PS4

Oh wow so both Hollow Fragment and Lost Song are getting PS4 versions. Nice!

I never got around to getting Hollow Fragment on Vita so this is great news!

Sweet, I guess I got lucky!

Hikami

Unlikely but, I'm hoping they add online multiplayer to Hollow Fragment on the PS4 version. That would probably get me to buy it again.

For Lost Song, glad that's finally confirmed for the west since I was about to just import it haha.

deanote666

But will we get a physical release!? Special edition release!?

Hopefully the grayed out "pre-order" button means a physical release!

Saw the news and of course it was inevitable. Also great to see HF coming to the PS4. I may double dip, wouldn't mind playing a 1080p 60fps version on a big screen.

Cornbread78

Saw the news and of course it was inevitable. Also great to see HF coming to the PS4. I may double dip, wouldn't mind playing a 1080p 60fps version on a big screen.

Yeah, HF would look great in full HD. Only question now is if it will have a new trophy list or just merge with the Vita one..

Yeah, HF would look great in full HD. Only question now is if it will have a new trophy list or just merge with the Vita one..
I would assume it's gonna be brand new. I remember reading something like transferring the Vita save over would unlock certain things on the PS4, but I don't remember there being a confirmation of cross save. I could be wrong though!

Parakeetman

I would assume it's gonna be brand new. I remember reading something like transferring the Vita save over would unlock certain things on the PS4, but I don't remember there being a confirmation of cross save. I could be wrong though!

Cross save apparently got patched in later for Lost Song with the Vita / PS3. No idea if it will happen for the PS4.

Cross save apparently got patched in later for Lost Song with the Vita / PS3. No idea if it will happen for the PS4.
Interesting. It would be great to be able to communicate between both versions and pick up from where you left off, specially HF with the whole exploration of the HF area and the floors from IM.

Parakeetman

Interesting. It would be great to be able to communicate between both versions and pick up from where you left off, specially HF with the whole exploration of the HF area and the floors from IM.

With Hollow Fragment no idea what they would do with that. Even more so with the Western version considering that for now it seems only the PS4 version is getting new translations, which would mean the data between both games is different.

Right now too many unknowns guess we will have to wait to see what their exact plans are with everything involved with the PS4 version of HF and if they will also be updating the Vita version. Would be nice out of respect for all of those who supported the game initially regardless of its shitshow localization job, but would not hold my breath either. :/

With Hollow Fragment no idea what they would do with that. Even more so with the Western version considering that for now it seems only the PS4 version is getting new translations, which would mean the data between both games is different.

Right now too many unknowns guess we will have to wait to see what their exact plans are with everything involved with the PS4 version of HF and if they will also be updating the Vita version. Would be nice out of respect for all of those who supported the game initially regardless of its shitshow localization job, but would not hold my breath either. :/
I feel like the patch would have to be pretty big to fix the whole script on the Vita, but who knows. It would be really nice if they did it anyway.

Parakeetman

I feel like the patch would have to be pretty big to fix the whole script on the Vita, but who knows. It would be really nice if they did it anyway.

That also, plus would require it all to go through testing again and such before releasing the patch. Which am not sure they have resources allocated to the Vita project at this point as the PS4 one would be the main focus.

Will be nice if E3 has some clarification on this since they announced it early.

That also, plus would require it all to go through testing again and such before releasing the patch. Which am not sure they have resources allocated to the Vita project at this point as the PS4 one would be the main focus.

Will be nice if E3 has some clarification on this since they announced it early.
You know the fact that they are bringing it to the PS4 is already pretty good, and with a good translation this time around too. HF2 for Vita/PS4 #soon

Parakeetman

Is there any kind of save transfer from previous SAO game ?

Honestly do not remember. I didnt transfer anything or recall seeing an option. The producer mentioned that players should hold onto their data but no idea what that means.

Sorry cant be of more help than that.

Honestly do not remember. I didnt transfer anything or recall seeing an option. The producer mentioned that players should hold onto their data but no idea what that means.

Sorry cant be of more help than that.

Thx - I might get PS4 release of Hollow Fragment and Vita version of Lost Song then :)

Parakeetman

Thx - I might get PS4 release of Hollow Fragment and Vita version of Lost Song then :)

Do hope you enjoy the games when you get them!

I also will be looking forward to the PS4 release of Hollow Fragment. Will be nice too as I would imaging it will be an all in one package containing the content updates and such.

I reckon Lost Song would be the same too. The PS4 version.

So how is the performance on the Vita compared to the PS3 version? I'd rather have it on Vita but if the console version performs a lot better I'll have to go with that. Also what's the save system like? Does it have auto save or quick save?

Parakeetman

Honestly if they are not going to deal with the other design issues of the game, a "graphical upgrade" is the last thing that people should be concerned about with this title.

Sitrus

Honestly if they are not going to deal with the other design issues of the game, a "graphical upgrade" is the last thing that people should be concerned about with this title.

Indeed, but I know they won't since it will sell anyway. At least fix the UI, it's a mess.

Top Bottom