• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online: Lost Song |OT| - " "

deanote666

Gah!

Broke down and ordered a used limited edition of the Japanese version for $55 for the soundtrack...

Had some credit left over so I'm basically getting the US ver. for free.

Hasn't been much talk on here... Anyone that has it still playing?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Gah!

Broke down and ordered a used limited edition of the Japanese version for $55 for the soundtrack...

Had some credit left over so I'm basically getting the US ver. for free.

Hasn't been much talk on here... Anyone that has it still playing?

At least now you will be able to have your soundtrack lol

deanote666

Flight controls take some getting used to. Especially since the explanation is in Japanese.

Disappointed with the character models... Funny how the emphasized "certain parts" of the character models but lacked in others...

All the female models have the EXACT same posture and there are several clones in the first town alone...

Parakeetman

Flight controls take some getting used to. Especially since the explanation is in Japanese.

Disappointed with the character models... Funny how the emphasized "certain parts" of the character models but lacked in others...

All the female models have the EXACT same posture and there are several clones in the first town alone...

Yeah its rather unfortunate it seems like the game was done on a tight schedule. Since those models that you see is pretty much what you get lol.

There are a bunch of other odd issues and such too with the attack animations and other things D:

Its why even if there is a PS4 version all of those improved graphics are not going to mean much if the base game itself is not improved also...

All the story and event bits are good and what is expected, but the gameplay side of things is a little bit lacking. Granted the flying works great, but thats because they just used the same system as Macross30 lol

deanote666

Looking towards the story in English.

My fault for not shelling out for the Asian version.

So track 16 on the soundtrack was remixed for the trailer but has no lyrics in the soundtrack...

I took some Japanese but know where near fluent. Know the odd word here and there but not whole conversations. I can navigate most of the menu's, lol. I can guess my way through parts with katakana at least. Got the Normal, easy mode and normal, reversed options figured out from the katakana!

Is there an event viewer, like in HF?

RK128

I took some Japanese but know where near fluent. Know the odd word here and there but not whole conversations.

And the song from the trailer isn't on the soundtrack! ;_;

Anyone know the name of the song?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_nPsQr-yH8

Not sure if this will help, but here is the OST of Lost Song on YouTube. I'm sure if that trailer song is in the game, it would be in this playlist :).

Parakeetman

I took some Japanese but know where near fluent. Know the odd word here and there but not whole conversations.

Hmm not sure, since its not a vocal track there is no real way to look up the artists. As usually its only vocal tracks that would be listed somewhere if its used in the game. When it comes to instrumental stuff only luck would be to look for the composer, even then the chances of getting the name of the particular track would be low unfortunately.

Not sure if this will help, but here is the OST of Lost Song on YouTube. I'm sure if that trailer song is in the game, it would be in this playlist :).

Dont think an official OST came out yet besides the one included with the game, which is what deanote666 has as they picked up the LE version.

RK128

Hmm not sure, since its not a vocal track there is no real way to look up the artists. As usually its only vocal tracks that would be listed somewhere if its used in the game. When it comes to instrumental stuff only luck would be to look for the composer, even then the chances of getting the name of the particular track would be low unfortunately.

Dont think an official OST came out yet besides the one included with the game, which is what deanote666 has as they picked up the LE version.

Okay then, guess my link wasn't much help sadly :(. I guess once the soundtrack officially comes out like you said, we will get all the tracks for the game then (as I know their are a few vocal tracks in the game).

deanote666

Thanks for helping look!

You guys that have it still playing? Gotta wake up this thread!

Still no word on a US release date? :(

Parakeetman

Okay then, guess my link wasn't much help sadly :(. I guess once the soundtrack officially comes out like you said, we will get all the tracks for the game then (as I know their are a few vocal tracks in the game).

Im kinda surprised there isnt an OST out already. Wonder if its because they are planning on adding another LE like the PSV / PS3 one for the PS4 also with the OST?

Thanks for helping look!

You guys that have it still playing? Gotta wake up this thread!

Still no word on a US release date? :(

Not really I stopped playing once had all of the mechanics and design figured out. Does not seem like here on GAF a lot of folks got the Asian version either. Dont think we have an official release date yet outside of Fall 2015.

deanote666

Bandai Namco and Aniplex have been stingy with the OST's. Haven't released any outside the limited editions for the games or anime. :k

Making me spend $90 for each of the OST CD"s... That and the DVD's have no special features.

Is the game not as good as HF or were you waiting for more people to collaborate with as you played?

Parakeetman

Is the game not as good as HF or were you waiting for more people to collaborate with as you played?

Didnt compare it to HF since know its done by 2 different dev house and am familiar with the work that Artdink does.

Its just that the overall game part of the title, not the story bits feels quite low budget unfortunately. As a lot of mechanics felt rushed along with general game design. The whole fact that there are no other "players" flying around outside too was a huge disappointment. As Artdink is more than capable to do that as they did with Macross 30. Also general monster designs felt lacking and boss fights the ones in the air were not that fun, this was due to issues with targeting controls and general melee animations for certain weapons.

Also the leveling system or more like skill up system was a bit of a pain in the ass so did not like that as much, though that was more done due to it fits with the setting of ALfheim Online. But gameplay wise its not as fun to mess with personally.

Its unfortunate since the flying system that Artdink used works really well and the music is fantastic but a lot of other things with the title suffered most def due to budget / schedule constraints since it shows.

Id like to go through the game due to the story and characters but the gameplay mechanics Im not as amused with. Am sure will eventually finish it one of these days when there is a slow period.

Gizuko

How do the PS4 and PS3 versions compare?
All I'm seeing are PS4 vs Vita comparisons, which makes sense, but since I don't own a PS4 yet I was wondering if it would be better to wait until I get one to play the PS4 version or just get the Asian PS3 ver.

Parakeetman

How do the PS4 and PS3 versions compare?
All I'm seeing are PS4 vs Vita comparisons, which makes sense, but since I don't own a PS4 yet I was wondering if it would be better to wait until I get one to play the PS4 version or just get the Asian PS3 ver.

kinda hard to really tell outside of the existing footage as the ps4 version isnt out yet.

since there is going to be a ps4 version no reason to buy a ps3 one. unless you really want to play now.

Gizuko

kinda hard to really tell outside of the existing footage as the ps4 version isnt out yet.

since there is going to be a ps4 version no reason to buy a ps3 one. unless you really want to play now.

I'm actually worried about the online community too, but I guess even if I end up getting it late online shouldn't be that much of a loss.

Thank you!

Tizoc

OK so I've been contemplating getting this, but I've never watched the anime series. Not that that's a deterrent but what can I expect in terms of gameplay? I could overlook the generic animeness of the cast and general cliche stuff but if I'm only in it for the gameplay, is it worth getting?

So I was reminded that I have the digital ps4 version preordered since the HF promotion. I also got the ps vita physical version preordered. Should I keep the vita preorder and how is the game overall? I'm a fan of SAO.

Cornbread78

OK so I've been contemplating getting this, but I've never watched the anime series. Not that that's a deterrent but what can I expect in terms of gameplay? I could overlook the generic animeness of the cast and general cliche stuff but if I'm only in it for the gameplay, is it worth getting?

You should really watch the anime, it's an experience for sure. It was my gateway drug into anime, lol.

Parakeetman

So I was reminded that I have the digital ps4 version preordered since the HF promotion. I also got the ps vita physical version preordered. Should I keep the vita preorder and how is the game overall? I'm a fan of SAO.

Id say dont bother with the Vita version and just keep the PS4 one.

If you like SAO the characters and story should keep you interested.

So is the combat in this any good? The battle system of an RPG is most important to me. I don't like Monster Hunter combat, and I didn't like Ragnarok Odyssey combat, so am I likely to not like this?

Parakeetman

So is the combat in this any good? The battle system of an RPG is most important to me. I don't like Monster Hunter combat, and I didn't like Ragnarok Odyssey combat, so am I likely to not like this?

If there was something to compare it to, would be similar to the action rpg type of combat seen in other games. Though its not as refined as melee combat is not really where Art Dink shines.

If you do not like Action RPGs then doubt you would like the combat in this game, as you will be doing a lot of that. On top of the fact that skills level up by use and there is no real character EXP either. So the whole feeling of actual progression is a bit odd. While I understand they did it to try and fit with the games world design, it honestly was a bad idea as the progression system to put it honestly is shit. Due to the lack of real progression takes away the fun of advancing your character. Spamming skills to level them up gets old as it means you have to constantly engage in combat all the time if you want to get stronger with said skills. While this has existed in other titles such as Phantasy Star Online series it also had a leveling system in place also which complimented that, so it still felt as if your character was getting stronger. The melee combat system itself is not so refined that the combat is enjoyable from my own personal view on it. Its even worse when it comes to fighting large bosses in the sky as a melee character.

In the event if someone asked if they should buy this based off of the gameplay mechanics alone Id give a big negative to that. As while the flying and such works well (not surprising since its basically a reskinned Macross30) the combat system, monster designs and dungeons are pretty poorly done. This more is a title for those who are fans of SAO and want to see more characters / story type of content rather than gameplay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxcfEEACp-g
Not the best video to watch as whoever is playing isnt that good at the game.

Unfortunately I do not have anything recorded I think so cant provide any personal examples like I usually do if footage is available.

If there was something to compare it to, would be similar to the action rpg type of combat seen in other games. Though its not as refined as melee combat is not really where Art Dink shines.

If you do not like Action RPGs then doubt you would like the combat in this game, as you will be doing a lot of that. On top of the fact that skills level up by use and there is no real character EXP either. So the whole feeling of actual progression is a bit odd. While I understand they did it to try and fit with the games world design, it honestly was a bad idea as the progression system to put it honestly is shit. Due to the lack of real progression takes away the fun of advancing your character. Spamming skills to level them up gets old as it means you have to constantly engage in combat all the time if you want to get stronger with said skills. While this has existed in other titles such as Phantasy Star Online series it also had a leveling system in place also which complimented that, so it still felt as if your character was getting stronger. The melee combat system itself is not so refined that the combat is enjoyable from my own personal view on it. Its even worse when it comes to fighting large bosses in the sky as a melee character.

In the event if someone asked if they should buy this based off of the gameplay mechanics alone Id give a big negative to that. As while the flying and such works well (not surprising since its basically a reskinned Macross30) the combat system, monster designs and dungeons are pretty poorly done. This more is a title for those who are fans of SAO and want to see more characters / story type of content rather than gameplay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxcfEEACp-g
Not the best video to watch as whoever is playing isnt that good at the game.

Unfortunately I do not have anything recorded I think so cant provide any personal examples like I usually do if footage is available.

Thanks for the response. I think I will cancel my pre-order and wait for a sale or a used copy. If physical discs came with the first SAO game, I would probably not cancel my order.

Stuart444

Its not that it performs badly, but if you are getting the console version, there is no need to have the Vita version also.

It has cross save doesn't it? if so, people who don't have a lot of time to play on consoles could get it for playing it on the go (to work/school/whatever) as well as at home.

That's the main reason though I'd say.

Cornbread78

It has cross save doesn't it? if so, people who don't have a lot of time to play on consoles could get it for playing it on the go (to work/school/whatever) as well as at home.

That's why I buy as much as possible on my Vita.

Parakeetman

this game isnt so great that i would be telling people to go and get two copies of it. if they play and like it sure, but its nit something id suggest out if the gate.

Mendrox

Game doesn't seem as good as Hollow Fragment so I will skip it... Waiting for the next Hollow Fragment like game (it was already announced wasn't it?)

Stuart444

Game doesn't seem as good as Hollow Fragment so I will skip it... Waiting for the next Hollow Fragment like game (it was already announced wasn't it?)

Yeah, realization. Out next year in Japan. Assuming good sales for LS, I imagine we'll get an announcement for the west sometime next year.

As a first timer in the Sword Art Online universe i am quite enjoying this game, while the graphics are not the best in the world it is nice and smooth and does the job.

Loving the characters so far which is also keeping me interested...Really need to see the anime now

Top Bottom