• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taco Bell releasing new Doritos Locos Taco flavor on August 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

gol15.jpg

Stop stealing our thing!

oh and:

6ziq8ZW.png

Like Thunderdome....two men enter, one man eats!!

with sales of the first two varieties already approaching 570 million tacos,
My god...
I'm usually on top of all things fast food but I've yet to try a DLT. I'll get a couple this weekend, or maybe just 1 + some regular tacos. I'm guessing Cool Ranch is the best

My god...
I'm usually on top of all things fast food but I've yet to try a DLT. I'll get a couple this weekend, or maybe just 1 + some regular tacos. I'm guessing Cool Ranch is the best

I gotta say, the Nacho cheese one is pretty fkn amazing!!!!!!!!!

Parallacs

I used to work next door to Taco Bell headquarters in Irvine. Apparently they do tasting demos where you can test out new items.

It was pretty cool that the taco bells in nearby Tustin were the first to add doritos locos tacos to the menu, months before they came out in America.

Maybe I'll drive up and check them out to see if they have added a flavor.

Parallacs

I'm bitter that they discontinued the Beefy Crunchy Burrito, or whatever the one with the fiery Fritos is called.

What?! That just came out! There is something about putting fritos inside a tortilla that is magic. Sonic used to make an awesome fritos burrito also.

Quixzlizx

What?! That just came out! There is something about putting fritos inside a tortilla that is magic. Sonic used to make an awesome fritos burrito also.

I know; I guess it was a limited time promotion. The cashier claimed it would be coming back in September, but he could've been talking out of his ass for all I know.

Pretty sure that whatever they call it, the next Doritos Locos Taco is gonna be a spicy flavor. Plus, they just happened to get rid of the Volcano Taco recently. Hmm.

I used to work next door to Taco Bell headquarters in Irvine. Apparently they do tasting demos where you can test out new items.

It was pretty cool that the taco bells in nearby Tustin were the first to add doritos locos tacos to the menu, months before they came out in America.

Maybe I'll drive up and check them out to see if they have added a flavor.

lol fellow oc resident here too, and the taco bell in tustin off of newport/red hill has been selling flamas tacos for a while. i think i might stop by soon and see if they've added anything else as well.
from what i understood, that was the only taco bell in central/north oc testing the doritos shells. all the other test locations were in like mission viejo and newport beach and south.

slit

____DLT?

McDLT flavored!!!

It will come in Styrofoam to keep the cool side cool and hot side hot.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
When are they unveiling Mountain Dew flavored tacos?
Well, there were Mountain Dew flavored Doritos as a limited time thing five summers ago. They were awful, but not as awful as the X-13D flavor they did the summer before. Barf.
I have a thing for trying junk food that is really gross, I guess.

The best possible answer here is Jumpin' Jack Doritos Locos Tacos along with bringing back Jumpin' Jack as a permanent flavor.

It's already confirmed as flamas.

QSR Magazine article on August 1, 2013
http://www.qsrmagazine.com/qsr-50/not-your-parents-taco-bell
QSR Magazine said:
In addition to a yet-to-be-launched spicy Flamas flavor, Creed says, the platform has an extended runway for adding shell flavors and switching up ingredients inside the shell. “At the moment, what we’ve done is introduce these different flavored shells, but the ingredients inside have been the same—ground beef, sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes,” he says. “We’re going to go back now and say, ‘What would make sense within the Taco Bell menu and all of our ingredients to put inside a Nacho Cheese Doritos [taco]? What would make sense within a Cool Ranch Doritos [taco]?”

Fast Company article on May 1, 2013
http://www.fastcompany.com/3008346/deep-inside-taco-bells-doritos-locos-taco
FastCompany said:
After Nacho Cheese and Cool Ranch, a spicy Doritos Flamas-flavored taco is next on the docket. But that's not all the company has in the works. "Someone said to me, 'Well, when you launch three or four of these things you'll run out of ideas,'" Creed says. "I'm like, 'Not really.'"

I'm excited for this one.

They better not have gotten rid of the volcano menu. Quesadilla + lava sauce = heaven. The whole volcano menu is still on their website, so I doubt it is gone. They just updated the site last week when they added the Smothered Burrito, and if volcano was gone they would have removed it there too.

Nope. Not true. Check their website or go there in person.

http://www.tacobell.com/food/menu/volcano

I'm in Michigan and two of the Taco Bells that I go to said they were taking away Volcano items and they would be bringing in a chipotle type sauce instead. Volcano items were not on the menu anymore at either location. No idea why the manager would volunteer that information if it wasn't true. I ordered two separate items and added lava sauce to each and he said they would be gone soon.

I'm in Michigan and two of the Taco Bells that I go to said they were taking away Volcano items and they would be bringing in a chipotle type sauce instead. Volcano items were not on the menu anymore at either location. No idea why the manager would volunteer that information if it wasn't true. I ordered two separate items and added lava sauce to each and he said they would be gone soon.

Hm, maybe they're phasing it out. That new burrito does have some sort of "chipotle" sauce on it. Or maybe it's only going away regionally. Anyway if it does go away down here in FL, I hope that new sauce is a worthy replacement. Lava sauce is like 80% of the reason I go to Taco Bell.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I loved X-13D. Cheeseburger Doritos were the bomb.
I gagged on the half a chip I put in my mouth. The sour pickle taste plus the mouth full of Doritos stink was terrible. I washed my hands five times and they still had that god awful stink. They were awful.

Well, there were Mountain Dew flavored Doritos as a limited time thing five summers ago. They were awful, but not as awful as the X-13D flavor they did the summer before. Barf.
I have a thing for trying junk food that is really gross, I guess.

The best possible answer here is Jumpin' Jack Doritos Locos Tacos along with bringing back Jumpin' Jack as a permanent flavor.

My mind is blown at the prospect of a potential Mountain Dew Doritos Locos Tacos Doritos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom