• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taco Bell releasing new Doritos Locos Taco flavor on August 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slo

Spicy Sweet Chili with chicken instead of beef.

gol15.jpg

What's this "instead" shit?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Looks like the new flavor is indeed Flamas, but they're renaming it the Fiery Doritos Locos Taco:

Taco Bell revealed today that Fiery Doritos Locos Tacos will be their third flavor of the Doritos Locos platform and will be available at Taco Bell locations nationwide starting Thursday, August 22, 2013.

It is essentially the Flamas Doritos Locos Taco previously tested, but with a different but similar name.

Taco Bell had previously teased previews of the new taco to generate buzz before launch, but many expected Doritos Flamas to be the next flavor.

The flavor is based on Frito-Lay's regional Doritos Flamas tortilla chips, which feature a spicy chili flavor with a hint of lime. Like many of Frito-Lay's spicy chips, the shell will be red to help express its spiciness.

Similar to the Cool Ranch Doritos Locos Taco launch, Taco Bell will be offering opportunities via social media for fans to try the new DLT flavor prior to launch.

The suggested retail price for the Fiery Doritos Locos Taco falls in line with the rest of the DLT line at $1.39 for the regular version and $1.69 for the supreme version, which tacks on sour cream, and tomatoes.

iOGto7K.jpg

That's my birthday.

This is going to be the most physically destructive thing I got on my birthday since those shots of tequila I had on my 21st.

Gonna destroy the same part of my body too....

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Lime is gag inducing on everything. Do they still make those Volcano Tacos? Those were good and maybe? the first time they experimented with oddly flavored shells.

Vice

Lime is gag inducing on everything. Do they still make those Volcano Tacos? Those were good and maybe? the first time they experimented with oddly flavored shells.

Yes, the volcano taco is the pinnacle of their shell creations.

Darryl

Banned
i had these earlier. they were pretty good. the other two flavors were a bit more complimentary to the taco. this one is kinda overwhelmingly. i think the volcano tacos are superior overall. it is still worth a try.

Are the Flamas Doritos good? How do they compare to the spicy sweet chili one or the buffalo version?

they don't really taste similar. it is a lime and hot sauce taste. it is most similar to the buffalo.

.GqueB.

Banned
Lol, I just tried this without even knowing. Just got finished eating taco bell and the new flavor is DELICIOUS! Hot as a fuck which I love.

Thumbs way dafuq up.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Im curious how this will taste. Im usually a fan of the "hot" style of chips like the hot lays/pringles or spicy nacho doritos. Or even Chile/lime fritos. Ive never been a fan of the jalapeno or salsa flavored ones though. Im hoping it trends towards the former.

Sooo... Has anyone else tried t? I thought it was pretty good. My buddy prefers this one over the others.
EDIT:
Lol, I just tried this without even knowing. Just got finished eating taco bell and the new flavor is DELICIOUS! Hot as a fuck which I love.

Thumbs way dafuq up.
How did I miss this. Yeah I agree.

EDIT #2: Except about the spicy part. It's got a kick though.

Tuvoc

This is my favorite Locos Taco flavor so far.

It has a bit of a kick to it. But i have a high tolerance for spicy so some of you may thing differently. To compare, its not anywhere near as spicy as the volcano sauce(for me still not that spicy though). There's also a tangy note. Possibly lime?

Whatever the "fiery" flavor actually is, its delicious.

I wonder if this version sells really well, Taco Bell will start pumping out all different kinds of Locos Tacos flavors? I fear once it hits "Bacon" flavor, it will have jumped the shark :/

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
As someone who doesn't eat alot of spicy things, it was pretty good, and pretty spicy.

As someone who doesn't eat alot of spicy things, it was pretty good, and pretty spicy.

Agreed. My eyes and mouth were confused because from the outside it looks like a volcano taco, but as soon as the shell hits your tongue with the fiery doritos flavor, you know its a different animal. I loved it because the volcano taco had the spice on the inside with a bland shell on the outside while with doritos locos tacos, the flavoring is the first thing your taste buds hit, and the filling on the inside of the taco complements the flavor.

Fiery > Cool Ranch > Nacho Cheese ( so far )

Atlantis

My only real complaint about these is that the shell always collapses on the bottom. It's why they hide it in that clever handheld taco holder kerjigger.

Actually, those are so the flavoring on the taco doesn't end up all over the gloves of the people making your food.

As for the people asking about the Volcano Menu; yes it has been discontinued, but we still carry Lava Sauce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom