• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 PC: GAF Tournament of Victory

ADMINS

Is there anyway to make the server password protected today/tomorrow for scrimmage, and for the matches?

CUBE vs EAD

Scrimmage tonight around 6PM US EST. (time is not exact since people's schedules are so busy/time zone difference). Match will happen SATURDAY at US 4PM EST.

BLU vs. Kirby AllStars

Match will be delayed until next week since so many people can not make it.

Davidion

omgimaninja said:
CUBE vs EAD

Scrimmage tonight around 6PM US EST. (time is not exact since people's schedules are so busy/time zone difference). Match will happen SATURDAY at US 4PM EST.

Oy, a bit earlier than I thought. I'll be joining around 7PM EST.

No problem, just hop on anytime you can tonight. I'll try to be on from 6pm US EST to 8 or so.

Pillowknight, do you have access to set up a password?

TommyT

Steam ID: TommyTSquared
Classes = Anything needed, Medic/Soldier/Demoman/Sniper/Pyro

edit: meh, I know it's kind of late but I'm down if anyone needs to pick me up. PM me here or AIM me: TommyTSquared

YakiSOBA

i confirm my presence for saturday's game at 4pm EST.
i cannot confirm my presence for tonights scrimmage at 6pm. (THATS DINNER TIME YOZ!)
if anything i'll be able to hop on tonight around 7pm-->930pm EST.

Javaman

Capndrake said:
Icy gave Java server access too I think.

I'm still waiting on the info... as of now I can only kick, ban, and change players' teams. I'll be online shortly, but the server will probably be full.

Cheeto

Javaman said:
I'm still waiting on the info... as of now I can only kick, ban, and change players' teams. I'll be online shortly, but the server will probably be full.
Yep, it's full.

1-D_FTW

Sorry, Javaman. Wasn't sure if you wanted stragglers to even teams till everyone joined or not. Figured I'd give it a whack since I'm so rusty. Did get the friends achievement, though.

Jacobi

Banned
Phew *wipesoffsweat*

Weird games, some were damn awesome and exciting, but the teams were sometimes a tad bit unbalanced (size-wise)... And EAD had 1 guy less all along I think. But overall it was very fun and I look forward to saturday

Oh and BT: I WASN'T PLAYING SERIOUS1111

Javaman

Scrimmage is over, thanks for keeping the server clear guys!

EAD took the win home with 9-7
...........EAD Cubes
Granary 3 vs 0
Dustbowl 3 vs 6
Gravel 3 vs 1

Davidion

Yeah, sorry for the incredibly late (and rather poor) showing, but the games were fun while they lasted and everyone played well. Looking forward to Saturday. :)

Matches were awesome, nice playing on both sides.

Edit : We were one man down on granary and for a bit of dustbowl...doytch came in for the last half.

Won

Jacobi said:
Oh and BT: I WASN'T PLAYING SERIOUS1111

I WAS TEH UBERTIRED!!.....:(

But yeah.....like expected the Spy is a bit on the "completely worthless" side. Same goes for the Engineer.

And 2 medics > everything.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Took some pics from the scrimmage:
1scb61.jpg

166ai3q.jpg

Uberwar!
21m5c2q.jpg

Then I got bored and started to take pics of Java (shown here descending from heaven).
rs7s5s.jpg

This is what I learned from Peter Jackson:
6f9mbl.jpg

2ywe3qv.jpg

Javaman

Crushed said:
Some awesome screens from the last week or so, the last few being from tonight:

cp_castle20217.jpg

cp_castle20218.jpg
:lol

Folded and Kerploded. Awesome. :lol

I completely forgot to take pics from the "perch". There were some god moments too like when 4 uber blues were taking on 2 uber reds.

Javaman alerted me to this tourney's existence, and I'd be willing to participate if anyone will have me. My Steam ID is LouieGeetoo.

Engineer, Spy, Sniper, Medic - any of those is fine. Even Scout or Pyro. I'm relatively versatile.

Had lots of fun last night playing in the scrimmage. So nice playing with such good players instead of just random people on the GAF server.

Java and Icy, Thank you for setting up the server and making sure things ran smoothly!!

We got steam rolled on Granary, played awesome on Dustbowl, and not so good on Gravelpit :/

Thanks for joining last night CUBE players. Watch out EAD we're coming for ya Saturday~!

Icy

Banned
I'll be flying out tonight for the weekend.

Puyo, Javaman and Hitokage have the instructions and access to add and remove the password limits.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
omgimaninja said:
Had lots of fun last night playing in the scrimmage. So nice playing with such good players instead of just random people on the GAF server.

Java and Icy, Thank you for setting up the server and making sure things ran smoothly!!

We got steam rolled on Granary, played awesome on Dustbowl, and not so good on Gravelpit :/

Thanks for joining last night CUBE players. Watch out EAD we're coming for ya Saturday~!

Hopefully it's a lot more organized this time. =p And I'm not banned at the beginning of the
match. lol

We needed more scouts for granary.

Javaman

Iadien said:
Hopefully it's a lot more organized this time. =p And I'm not banned at the beginning of the
match. lol

We needed more scouts for granary.

If you don't use gay or racial slurs you'll be ok.

Hey [KAS], what's the deal? Have you guys picked a team captain or made a group yet? [BLU] is waiting for a rumble!

Davidion

Are we doing another scrim tonight or is it BLU and KAS's turn? edit: do-oh, nevermind, learned to read.

Also, I think it'd be cool if we keep a loosely organized league based on this tourney, keeping our current affiliations and all. With newcomers becoming more interested, we can build up our team and have the occasional scrims and tourneys like we have now. It shouldn't be anything overly serious or that requires a lot of anyone's time to organize, just an ongoing GAF TF2 community thing.

Yay? Nay?

YakiSOBA

Davidion said:
Are we doing another scrim tonight or is it BLU and KAS's turn? edit: do-oh, nevermind, learned to read.

Also, I think it'd be cool if we keep a loosely organized league based on this tourney, keeping our current affiliations and all. With newcomers becoming more interested, we can build up our team and have the occasional scrims and tourneys like we have now. It shouldn't be anything overly serious or that requires a lot of anyone's time to organize, just an ongoing GAF TF2 community thing.

Yay? Nay?

yay, we can all donate to keep the server up and then have it passworded for scheduled scrim nights :)

Javaman

Davidion said:

Yay? Nay?

We were scheduled, but I hadn't heard anything from the KAS group yet. Someone really needs to step up and take charge of organizing their team. As a last resort, the other three teams could absorb the players.

TommyT and Quaqmire, you should be able to join [BLU] or [KAS] since their teams seem to have room.

BLU vs KAS Scrimmage TONIGHT ~6PM EST
PASSWORD: neogaftourney
PASSWORD: neogaftourney

I have the password ability from Icy, so I'll try to hop on tonight and watch the scrimmage and make sure everything goes ok.

[KAS] might not have enough players. If not, perhaps others can hop on and get some good matches going anyway.

Top Bottom