• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 PC: GAF Tournament of Victory

"TommyT and Quaqmire, you should be able to join [BLU] or [KAS] since their teams seem to have room.

BLU vs KAS Scrimmage TONIGHT ~6PM EST
PASSWORD: neogaftourney
PASSWORD: neogaftourney

I have the password ability from Icy, so I'll try to hop on tonight and watch the scrimmage and make sure everything goes ok.

[KAS] might not have enough players. If not, perhaps others can hop on and get some good matches going anyway."

Cool

Just for reference:

Builders League United
hitokage
richardfun
firestorm
javaman
cell
stalker u
kimisan
n0b
fallengorn
wartime
warcock
truloki

Kirby AllStars
icy (out of town)
tekno
penguinarmy
robotaholic (any info on his status?)
ultra cajun
lukeman
storyteller (not able to play)
dygit pyro
quellex
kak the cheater (able to play?)
cirrus

As it stands, the lineup of [KAS] is not confirmed. I'm guessing they will need people to sub in tonight.

1-D_FTW

I noticed everybody yesterday had their little clan [ ] in front of their name. Do I need to change my name for this? And how do you do it?

omgimaninja said:
storyteller (not able to play)

I can play tonight, (well this morning for me), for the next 3-4 days I wont.

I'll set up a group right now, and see who can play. (although a lot of them appear to be offline)

1-D_FTW said:
I noticed everybody yesterday had their little clan [ ] in front of their name. Do I need to change my name for this? And how do you do it?
Not required; just made it easier to balance teams by looking at names.

Go into steam - my settings/my control panel and you can change your name. There might be a console option in TF2, not sure :/

omgimaninja said:
Not required; just made it easier to balance teams by looking at names.

Go into steam - my settings/my control panel and you can change your name. There might be a console option in TF2, not sure :/

If KAS needs people could I join them?

Sure Earthstrike, but if 8 people in the [KAS] list above do join the server they might have priority.

FYI the password = neogaftourney

I've done some asking and 5 people can play from Kirby All-Stars. I'm unable to ask the rest because they are offline.

So for tonights scrimmage,
Penguinarmyleader
Kaktheinfected
Ulcajun
Pyroteknikz
and myself

have confirmed they can play.

"I've done some asking and 5 people can play from Kirby All-Stars. I'm unable to ask the rest because they are offline.

So for tonights scrimmage,
Penguinarmyleader
Kaktheinfected
Ulcajun
Pyroteknikz
and myself

have confirmed they can play."

Hopefully Tekno and Quellex will show up for the scrimmage.

1-D_FTW

I just logged out and when I logged in, downloaded a pretty hefty TF2 update and got the invalid Steam when trying to join. So I'm guessing practice might be off.

1-D_FTW said:
I just logged out and when I logged in, downloaded a pretty hefty TF2 update and got the invalid Steam when trying to join. So I'm guessing practice might be off.
Oooh does that mean ctf_well is out???

Firestorm

Javaman said:
How about we do the scrimish at 8pm est? I only see 3 or 4 [BLU]s active right now.

I couldn't play much then. Gotta go out at about 9 pm est.

I'm getting "steam servers are too busy right now"
edit: it's fine now

It's out!
Added new capture the flag map CTF_Well

Added Spanish map descriptions

Added new option to auto-save a scoreboard screenshot at the end of a map to the Multiplayer->Advanced dialog

Added more particle optimizations for mid range and low end hardware

Updated CP_GravelPit to fix all known exploits and changed the scoring method to score per capture rather than per round

Updated "nextlevel" CVAR to trigger a changelevel at the end of the current round (not mini-round)

Fixed SourceTV demo recording problem

Fixed mp_stalemate_enable not preventing Sudden Death mode on some maps

Fixed a couple cases where player stats were not being recorded correctly

Fixed some log entries being truncated

Fixed crash caused by trying to import a custom player spray

Removed the "Reset Stats" button from the Player Stats screen

Icy

Banned
Required updates for Team Fortress 2 and it's dedicated servers have
been released. Please run hldsupdatetool to receive these updates.
The
specific changes include:

- Added new capture the flag map CTF_Well
- Added Spanish map descriptions
- Added new option to auto-save a scoreboard screenshot at the end of a
map to the Multiplayer->Advanced dialog
- Added more particle optimizations for mid range and low end hardware
- Updated CP_GravelPit to fix all known exploits and changed the
scoring
method to score per capture rather than per round
- Updated "nextlevel" CVAR to trigger a changelevel at the end of the
current round (not mini-round)
- Fixed SourceTV demo recording problem
- Fixed mp_stalemate_enable not preventing Sudden Death mode on some
maps
- Fixed a couple cases where player stats were not being recorded
correctly
- Fixed some log entries being truncated
- Fixed crash caused by trying to import a custom player spray
- Removed the "Reset Stats" button from the Player Stats screen

1-D_FTW

It used to be pretty easy to get in the beginning. But, yeah, if you're an achievement whore and were late to the game... ouch. I'd think you'd have to rig a dummy game for it.

Honestly, I can see where valve was going with A. It's possible to defend it , but it requires a very different style than usual. A is excellent for snipers and soldiers on defense, because of the lack of cover and the rising terrain. The terrain also gives scout a unique advantage against soldiers and demomen. Terrible for soldiers on offense.

I've seen a team successfully defend A.

What they did was this, two sentries, one on each hut. This makes it impossible enter from either A or B. Snipers on each side, scoping anyone that tries at the sentries. Soldiers on the hut. That was enough to hold us back the majority of the game...Actually im pretty sure we lost that one.

1-D_FTW

Now that you mention it, I do remember when A used to be hard to sometimes even get out of the tunnel. I'd still take a heavily defended A over B as an attacker, though.

Javaman

I checked the server and no one was on so it's been restarted and is password protected. Let me know if you guys still can't get on due to version differences.

Hey guys. Good to see that the first BLU match is sunday, i'll be going back home on sunday morning (EU time). Just got back from London, and I am in love with the city :D

1-D_FTW

Scrimmage was 3-1 Granary (KAS), 6-4 on Dustbowl (BLU), and 6-2 on Gravel Pit (BLU).

Wasn't exactly coordinated by teams like yesterday, though.

Javaman

1-D_FTW said:
Scrimmage was 3-1 Granary (KAS), 6-4 on Dustbowl (BLU), and 6-2 on Gravel Pit (BLU).

Wasn't exactly coordinated by teams like yesterday, though.

Yeah, there were definately some balancing issues back and forth but overall great games everyone!

Javaman said:
Yeah, there were definately some balancing issues back and forth but overall great games everyone!
Yeah, in the later games some of the best players from their respective teams (like Pillow, Xzik and Puyo), were subbing for missing players in BLU. I'm not complaining, just, you know, context!

But both teams did pretty awesome jobs. I just think our team needed better co-ordination/co-operation. We seemed to lose a lot of it, particularly in the GravelPit matches.

1-D_FTW

Firestorm said:
Wait, there was a Gravelpit match? I thought it was over on Dustbowl.
I guess I shouldn't have left then?

Yeah. We recruited Puyo. Although Cell was later medicing, so I'm not sure how long he actually did it. So much turnover, it's hard to remember who came when and left when.

The Storyteller said:
Yeah, in the later games some of the best players from their respective teams (like Pillow, Xzik and Puyo), were subbing for missing players in BLU. I'm not complaining, just, you know, context!

But both teams did pretty awesome jobs. I just think our team needed better co-ordination/co-operation. We seemed to lose a lot of it, particularly in the GravelPit matches.

Gravel Pit was a mess. But I think we had a good chunk for Dustbowl, and that was not as close as the score. We rolled pretty well on offense and kept losing the CPs in the final minute. It's hard to hold the points without a full house for backups. Plus Hito and Richard are pretty good players to be missing. But there were some good subs for us:)

EDIT: You guys definitely had better coordination on Granary. I felt like I'd run into your entire team all the time. And I'd go long stretches where I was lucky to see one teammate. I was completely out of sink with guys.

"Yeah, in the later games some of the best players (like Pillow, Xzik and Puyo) from their respective teams subbing for missing players in BLU. I'm not complaining, just, you know, context!

But both teams did pretty awesome jobs. I just think our team needed better co-ordination/co-operation. We seemed to lose a lot of it, particularly in the GravelPit matches."

We definately need to make a more finite list of what classes everyone wants to play. Towards the end everyone on KAS was all over the place with their class selection.

Top Bottom