• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 PC: GAF Tournament of Victory

I don't mind if spectators just join in, although it is a bit lame since they were watching us play just a second ago :p. Filling in with random subtitutes is fine though.

Won said:
Blargh.....game went black and now I can't join because of reserved slots. :(

That really shouldn't be possible IMO, not during a tournament. Icy or Java, can't we change the player limit during the tournaments to something like 32, so spectators don't make it impossible for other players to join?

1-D_FTW

Don't you guys have a friend (or better yet, Javaman) who you can PM and tell them to kick some guys so you can join?

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Won couldn't get in for about half of the matches, JoeFu was like an hour late, we had a Scout with a ping that could be mistaken for a ZIP code, and the other team had the best players.

DDDDDDDDD:<<<<<<<<<<

Crushed said:
Won couldn't get in for about half of the matches, JoeFu was like an hour late, we had a Scout with a ping that could be mistaken for a ZIP code, and the other team had the best players.

DDDDDDDDD:<<<<<<<<<<

LOL, I laughed out loud at that zip code remark :lol

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Can we please vote on which maps are played next time? We played on the two maps that I hate. kthx

YakiSOBA

:lol :lol :lol at your scout... had our whole team thinking he was speed hacking or something :p

good games [CUBE], was very fun!

Javaman

Richardfun said:
That really shouldn't be possible IMO, not during a tournament. Icy or Java, can't we change the player limit during the tournaments to something like 32, so spectators don't make it impossible for other players to join?

I don't think that's possible without a special mod.

Can we please vote on which maps are played next time? We played on the two maps that I hate. kthx

I don't see why not, but good luck getting both teams to agree.

Final score, EAD=12, Cube 7
Granary 3-0
Dustbowl 6-6
Gravelpit 3-1

The password has been removed.

Iadien said:
Yeah, I really wanted to play 2fort.

That scout was 'special' one second he's in the center of C the next second his gone. The only moments I could get a good shot at him is when he'd just stand there hovering in the air :p.

Doytch

YakiSOBA said:
:lol :lol :lol at your scout... had our whole team thinking he was speed hacking or something :p

good games [CUBE], was very fun!

The first time I saw him was when we were defending the third stage on Dustbowl. I was going around, into your base, when all of a sudden a scout appeared in front of me and 1-shotted me. :lol

Javaman

Kifimbo said:
Just want to thank everyone for showing up ! Too many players !

Yeah, I was surprise at how many showed up.

Xizk said:
Too bad java is not going to get a chance to build anything. Like what happened yesterday :D
Between you, Won, Kak and the other good players I'm not expecting a very long sentry life expectancy.
I'm not sure who's going to ref the game tomarrow. All of the admins are on BLU :eek:P

Cube's rush on Dust cp4..
20b1toh.jpg

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Doytch said:
The first time I saw him was when we were defending the third stage on Dustbowl. I was going around, into your base, when all of a sudden a scout appeared in front of me and 1-shotted me. :lol
Everyone 1-shotted me. D:<

It's like I have a target which causes all crit rockets, grenades, spreadguns, shotguns, needle guns, pistols, to fly towards me. I walk around a corner, a crit rocket hits me and kills me in one hit. The rocket has to have been fired before I was visible. There are no other guys in front of me which he would have been shooting at. The killcam shows that he's halfway across the map.

And then it happens 200 more times. I walk through a door, a crit grenade is already there at pyro-face level, the demoman is at a different CP; I turn a corner at a point we already own, a sniper is there for no reason at all; I set a Medic on fire, keeping him in the flames for about 20 seconds straight, he's only halfway down and kills me in a single bonesaw swipe.

What. The. Fuck. D:<

Xizk

Crushed said:
Everyone 1-shotted me. D:<

It's like I have a target which causes all crit rockets, grenades, spreadguns, shotguns, needle guns, pistols, to fly towards me. I walk around a corner, a crit rocket hits me and kills me in one hit. The rocket has to have been fired before I was visible. There are no other guys in front of me which he would have been shooting at. The killcam shows that he's halfway across the map.

And then it happens 200 more times.

What. The. Fuck. D:<

Saw you lagging a few times. It was a pyro so I think it was you.

Iadien

RPhilMan1 said:
Good games. I pick EAD to win it all. They are a very talented team with many A-list members.

I think they beat us because they worked well together, not necessarily because of having more talented players.

Xizk

Iadien said:
I think they beat us because they worked well together, not necessarily because of having more talented players.

We were talking much on vent so that helped much.

I wish I could play, built a PC but the motherboard crapped out on me. RMA-ing it this week so it could be ages.

le sigh. I'll play next tourney as a medic or something. I will suck.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Xizk said:
Saw you lagging a few times. It was a pyro so I think it was you.
There were only one or two times when I lagged. Once because there was a phone call and for some reason the wireless phone causes a HUGE lag spike for a second. That was like, once though.

Usually, my ping is good, around ~50ish.

Although, that WOULD explain why I fired rockets and they seemed to go through the ground and never explode. <_<

Doesn't explain why the medics either always sat there at 100% without ubering me, or ubered me when I was 100 yards away from the point. :mad:

Iadien said:
Haha yeah the only real time we worked together well was the double uber rush charge on 2nd point of dustbowl :)

Won

Iadien said:

Lets face the truth. Confidence man won the first Gravel Pit round alone. :D

Was actually a bit surpirsed to see CUBE making a comeback on Granary. And I don't know what happened on Dustbowl before I joined but we holded you guys off for a really long time.

Iadien

Won said:
Lets face the truth. Confidence man won the first Gravel Pit round alone. :D

Was actually a bit surpirsed to see CUBE making a comeback on Granary. And I don't know what happened on Dustbowl before I joined but we holded you guys off for a really long time.

We suck on Granary. I don't know which match you were watching but we never even captured the middle point.

1-D_FTW

Kifimbo said:
Fixed. When you lose the middle point, it's over.

Exactly. Defense is useless on Granary because whoever gets control of the middle, gets the unfair spawn advantage. And there's no way one team walking a mile can compete with a team that has short spawns. All firepower goes to the middle CP if you wanna win.

"I'll be there for BLU tomorrow, and I'm really curious how it'll go. We'll see "

Wait is BLU vs. KAS tomorrow? I thought no one set a final date since a lot of KAS members are gone this weekend. If so we need a little bit of time to make sure everyone can make it.

Javaman

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
"I'll be there for BLU tomorrow, and I'm really curious how it'll go. We'll see "

Wait is BLU vs. KAS tomorrow? I thought no one set a final date since a lot of KAS members are gone this weekend. If so we need a little bit of time to make sure everyone can make it.

OK, that really sucks. We've got most of our players ready to go for tomarrow. How many guys from KAS can make it? Do you guys have a team captain?

"OK, that really sucks. We've got most of our players ready to go for tomarrow. How many guys from KAS can make it? Do you guys have a team captain?"

We don't have a team captain except for Icy but he's gone for the time being. I know Icy and Storyteller definately can't make it but I think some others were on the fence whether they could make it to. Plus, like I said we were expecting a later date since people were saying it would be postponed for a while now due to people's schedules and would instead probably be a weeknight game so even those who could make it might not know about it.

SexConker

Banned
I was the one lagging bad.
I'm west coast.

I usually don't get shit like that though, but this week has been bad with my ISP.
I'll call them up and bitch this week.
Fuckers.

Damn you savvis.net!! 20% packet loss on THREE of their routers, and 20% on PTPTECH.NET

RPhilMan1 said:
Good games. I pick EAD to win it all. They are a very talented team with many A-list members.
Honestly, I think it's still a toss up between us and BLU. If we can't fix our dustbowl defense we'll probably lose it against blu( among a few other things).

Top Bottom