• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ted Cruz : "I dont know if sand can glow in the dark but we're going to find out"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fight terrorism with larger terrorism.

This is what passes for discourse in the GOP. That party should classified as dangerous on some official record.

Bronx-Man

Banned
It's like part of the US learned absolutely nothing from 2001-2008 and the tragedy and shortsightedness of Iraq.

It's fucking infuriating.
The past month of comments from GOP candidates have shown we haven't even learned shit from World War 2.

the Irony is that Republican warmongers spout bullshit of being good Christians ended up making life worse for Christian Iraqis after 2003

Aaron

These days Joe McCarthy wouldn't have been tarred and feathered. He'd have his own show on Fox News.

This is your guy if you don't wake up Republicans.
What republican candidate are they supposed to be waking up and paying attention to? So far I haven't seen any candidate that look especially good. They also seem to trip over themselves on a race to the bottom.

smurfx

get some go again
isis: we want to destroy the world
republicans: we will destroy the world in order to get you

Zibrahim

I don't really pay attention to American politics...but where are the rational Republicans calling for his resignation/denouncing him?

Why does it seem like everyone in that party is just going along with the candidates' utter and complete stupidity?

pa22word

Cruz has always been the truly scary version of trump.

He's a snake with a fake accent that spews this shit in order to get elected because he wants power. People say a lot about Trump and Hitler comparisons, but based on everything I'd say Cruz is the American Stallin.

Unlike Trump, he has the political experience and intelligence to work within the system to get things done. He also has a much better chance of appealing to minority and alternative crowds himself, because he likes to use his father to stump to the crazies while he takes a "more" moderate approach.

Cruz is a terrifying human being, and one of the only candidates in a long time I would be considering moving if he became president.

Cruz's roommate in college:

CVZ2cjBWUAI6O_l.png
'A nightmare of a human being' hahaha going to have to use that one someday.

Cruz's roommate in college:

CVZ2cjBWUAI6O_l.png

I know someone who works with him actually. Not a republican either, just does it for the pay/benefits and she says he's really polite and nice in person. These people probably switch between niceness and cuntishness like it was as simple as changing pants.

dabig2

Reminder that Ted Cruz has a painting of himself, in his words, to keep him humble.

Cruz.colbert1.jpg

That there is a depiction of when Ted Cruz argued in the Texas supreme court that Texas had the right to back out of its legal settlement to improve health services for poor, impoverished children. And yes, he thankfully lost 9-0.

120v

It's like part of the US learned absolutely nothing from 2001-2008 and the tragedy and shortsightedness of Iraq.

It's fucking infuriating.

Obama's weakness is more to blame for that than anything

that's probably along their train of thought

Of course. You just got carpet bomb and, bam, mission accomplished!

That's why people like Cruz are constantly sounding so shocked that Obama hasn't "dealt" with ISIS yet; they think it's just a matter of dropping some bombs.

These idiots do realize that they are actually actively helping ISIS and, in fact, fulfilling their mission statement by driving more Muslims out of the west?

Like, Ted Cruz is doing more to further ISIS's cause than ISIS did today.

Jharp

Sickening. If someone like this is the face of my country... might be time to leave.

Ha! First time I've actually seen someone threaten to leave if x becomes president for this election. Well, if the republicans manage to pull it off this time (which I doubt, but hey), I'd LOVE to see you put your money where your mouth is.

Ha! First time I've actually seen someone threaten to leave if x becomes president for this election. Well, if the republicans manage to pull it off this time (which I doubt, but hey), I'd LOVE to see you put your money where your mouth is.

I legitimately have plans in place for if Cruz, Trump, or Fiorina become president to nope TF out of here.

The truth people here are ignoring is that this politician is only saying what the voters want to hear.

No, not Cruz. Cruz is legitimately this right wing.

fantomena

I was for bombing Daesh until I started thinking critically and rational about it. Now I think bombing Deash might be a mistake.

- Civilians will be killed by western bombs, so they might have to join Deash to get shelter. Saw a a news piece about it in the Norwegian newspaper VG where some civilizans thought about joining Daesh in order to make their families survive western bombs.

- Bombing Deash will most likely lead to even further destabilization of the region, both muslims and non-muslims might sympthatise with Deash if they have fallen out of society and they might join them. Even worse, htere might be an Deash 2 or something in the end.

- You cannot wipe Deash out. Bombing them to non-existent is not gonna work. It's the ideas that makes them.Idea slike that women are objects and property to men and gay people don't deserve to lvie are terrible ideas that needs to change.

Hypron

Reminder that Ted Cruz has a painting of himself, in his words, to keep him humble.

Cruz.colbert1.jpg

That there is a depiction of when Ted Cruz argued in the Texas supreme court that Texas had the right to back out of its legal settlement to improve health services for poor, impoverished children. And yes, he thankfully lost 9-0.

This guy's a complete fucking nutcase isn't he?

They have to say stupid stuff because if they were being real they would only be able to say that their political agenda is to steal your money and give it to their friends and supporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom