• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ted Cruz pops off on a guy who says he should have endorsed Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erevador

It's not at all surprising that Cruz would show this kind of courage in a situation like this. The guy is a true believer, unlike Trump who believes in absolutely nothing. Cruz has a messianic sense of his own importance that would never allow him to support Trump. In many ways this was the moment his entire political career has led up to. Cruz's God Complex made him uniquely impervious to all pressure from the Republican establishment. By doing what he did he just embarrassed the entire party and showed them to be morally bankrupt.

I dislike everything Cruz stands for, but he definitely does stand for something. The Republican party has come to stand for nothing at all, and that was righteously exposed and exploited by Cruz last night.

It was an extraordinary thing to see.

Bladenic

Like most reasonable people, I detest everything Cruz stands for EXCEPT this. This is probably the most respectable thing he's ever done. And fuck the sheep for telling him he should endorse Trump.

lol in what world did trump upstage Cruz? Nobody is talking about trump today, except to say that Cruz didn't endorse him (or that he hires nazi sympathizers, apparently).

I think they mean Trump running out and getting the cameras onto him at the end of the speech, away from Cruz as he was finishing his speech.

platocplx

With people like cruz. They align with the old mantra that even a broken clock is right twice a day and for that monument its showing the right time.

Erevador

I think they mean Trump running out and getting the cameras onto him at the end of the speech, away from Cruz as he was finishing his speech.
I think that made Trump look desperate, like he was losing control of the situation and had to resort to distraction tactics.

avaya

Not localized just to Cruz and Trump. Democrats are just as bad, especially Hillary. It's hard to rally behind any candidate at this point.

Really? You make this post with a straight face? The democrats are just as bad?

I just can't even begin to understand the collective disconnect from reality needed to come to that conclusion. How exactly is she just as bad as unfettered evil?

Krejlooc

Banned

Yeah, but fucking nobody is talking about that shit lol

"omgish did you see how donald trump showed up at the end of Ted Cruz's speech?" - said noone.

This makes my blood boil.

A display like this only solidifies my position that Ted Cruz should have been the GOP nominee and by extension, PotUS. He was the only candidate with a backbone and the only one who is beholden to nobody. Trump puts on a show that he's his own man but any conservative with half a brain can deduce that he's essentially a Democratic plant designed to fuck over conservatives in this country. If the off chance exists that he isn't, he's for sure running purely out of his ego and not to improve the country.

And so we'll get Hillary Clinton. GG Illuminati. It would be hilarious if it weren't so terrifying.

+1

I thought this article perfectly analyzed Ted Cruz' move.

Ted Cruz’s Betrayal of Donald Trump Was Brilliant

Basically says that Cruz is banking on Trump losing big so that he will be viewed as the frontrunner for the next election.

well yeah, it's time to decide, if trump loses and you supported him like Christie you are done but the same could happen if you did not support him and he wins. Cruz just banked on Hilldawg winning which is the smarter move.

he will mention it every second sentence in his 2020 campaign.

Really? You make this post with a straight face? The democrats are just as bad?

I just can't even begin to understand the collective disconnect from reality needed to come to that conclusion. How exactly is she just as bad as unfettered evil?

First of all, it's okay for someone to have a difference of opinion. Trump or Hillary, I don't fully agree with the popular choices of this election.

avaya

First of all, it's okay for someone to have a difference of opinion. Trump or Hillary, I don't fully agree with the popular choices of this election.

I know I respect that. I really struggle to understand how you can think that about any of the Democrat candidates for President. It comes off as incredibly hyperbolic but if it's genuinely held I'm very curious as to understand why.

Kyzer

Banned
Ben Carson was ok with being compared to a pedophile, I'm glad at least Ted Cruz was not okay with his father literally being accused of helping kill JFK

It's funny. The Republican candidate who seemed the most weasel-like seems to be the only one with any sort of self-respect. It's a shame that this showing of integrity doesn't apply to his policies or he'd be a respectable politician.

commedieu

Banned
It's funny. The Republican candidate who seemed the most weasel-like seems to be the only one with any sort of self-respect. It's a shame that this showing of integrity doesn't apply to his policies or he'd be a respectable politician.
There it is.
The bomb of truth.

Sheroking

People should be reminded Cruz shutdown the government to elevate himself despite other republicans telling him not to. It didn't do anything and other republicans got hate for what he did. He doesn't care about anyone, but himself.

I mean...

By doing what he did, he dinged Donald Trump and his campaign - by far the most important thing that can happen right now - and probably torpedoed any future support he would receive from the RNC.

From any perspective that ISN'T a Republican one, this is a non-stop win train.

Line up some policies for me, I'd like to get educated on this.

On this message board, really?

You'd rejoice on my blows against Trump and then hate me for what I say about Hillary and her views. The choices laid before us are pretty bad.

Also, Cruz is doing this for one person. Himself.

RPGCrazied

As I said before, the salt when Trump loses will be never ending. You think it was bad when Obama won?

Republicans really hate her, specially Trump supporters, so it'll be great to see them cry over it for god knows how long.

Raven117

Oh, John Kasich did it reasonably well. He just didn't show up and hasn't endorsed.

There is a grace to that as well.

As I said before, the salt when Trump loses will be never ending. You think it was bad when Obama won?

Republicans really hate her, specially Trump supporters, so it'll be great to see them cry over it for god knows how long.

I don't think it will be in the same stratosphere than when Obama won. Sure, there will be some of the crazy Trump supporters that will go nuts, but IMO, the average Republican will probably just shrug because Trump is such a horrible option.

Sheroking

8 years.

And then they'll cry over President Warren, wondering why they haven't had a president in 20 years - never quite accepting that they burned their own party to the ground.

You'd rejoice on my blows against Trump and then hate me for what I say about Hillary and her views. The choices laid before us are pretty bad.

What's amazing is that you're cognizant of GAF's liberal bias; You have likely seen any number of threads on this forum pointing out key differences between the two parties because many people here enjoy highlighting those differences. And yet you play the "Democrats and Republicans are equally bad" tune and act shocked when you are immediately and very predictably called on it.

Why?

What's amazing is that you're cognizant of GAF's liberal bias; You have likely seen any number of threads on this forum pointing out key differences between the two parties because many people here enjoy highlighting those differences. And yet you play the "Democrats and Republicans are equally bad" tune and act shocked when you are immediately and very predictably called on it.

Why?

Some people love attention.

smurfx

get some go again

so you aren't going to defend your statement. you can keep it simple if you want.

Some people love attention.
they like feeling superior and rarely ever want to back up any statements. you are just supposed to agree when somebody says something cliche like "all these politicians are the same".

so you aren't going to defend your statement. you can keep it simple if you want.

they like feeling superior and rarely ever want to back up any statements. you are just supposed to agree when somebody says something cliche like "all these politicians are the same".

How a legal adult can say that in this day and age is beyond me.

Is that response to win me over?

Why?

I find it disappointing that some of you would respond like this. I do not support Donald Trump. His social policies will set us back half a century or more! It actually causes me a bit of anxiety. I recently praised and texted a couple people I knew about a recent Hillary campaign advertisement that I thought nailed Donald's simpleton campaign.

The advertisement if you haven't seen it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrX3Ql31URA

In the end Hillary IS better than Donald. I won't go into details about how I didn't like her responses to the Benghazi incident or some of the standard democratic policies dealing with our military, and it's fine that I don't agree. With that being said, maybe I shouldn't have used the phrase "just as bad". If there were only two candidates possible I obviously would pick Hillary. Come on guys don't treat me that way.

In a dramatic development, as Cruz wrapped up his speech, Trump suddenly appeared in the Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland. He walked to join his family in a VIP area and flashed a thumbs-up -- a gesture that transmitted clear anger at the Texas senator's behavior.
This is literally pro wrestling.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Not localized just to Cruz and Trump. Democrats are just as bad, especially Hillary. It's hard to rally behind any candidate at this point.

Nah, Republicans are far worse. I agree it's hard to rally behind a candidate, but it's easy to rally against one.

Both choices can be "bad" and one choice can still be much much worse. Both being "bad" doesn't mean both are remotely the same.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Don't. Cruz is serving himself. He expect Trump to crash and burn and in 2020 to paint himself as a principled conservative. He's a cunt

He's not doing it because he thinks Trump will be bad for the country, he's doing it for personal reasons. He knows Trump has no shot and he has made a very calculated move to make a splash right in the middle of the convention. Everyone is talking about him now.

Make no mistake, Ted Cruz is the most dangerous man in Washington. He's cold, calculating and extremely brilliant and everything he does is for himself. He's the LittleFinger of Washington. No one likes him. Not a single senator in Congress endorsed him in the primary and yet here he is... dominating the media and laying down the groundwork for 2020.

Well yea I understand that he did this for self serving reasons.

The only reason I have a very very small bit of respect for the move is because unlike almost all of the other candidates he stood behind his shit talking and didn't fold and outright endorse him.

Yes, he is a slimeball and a lot more dangerous than Trump and this move is his convoluted long con to take another swing in 2020 but most of the losers this year will be back in 2020 so why didn't they have the balls to abstain on their endorsement. Besides Jeb! I think everyone else endorsed.

aliengmr

I don't care what Cruz has said in the past, on the issue of Trump he is the only one who is showing any kind of spine. Chris Christie and Paul Ryan take eternal Ls for their cowardice.

Cruz is a piece of shit and is only doing this because he is a piece of shit that lost. Ted Cruz isn't doing this on principal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom