• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lyin' Ted Cruz crawls groveling back, endorses Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.

NateDog

giphy-downsized-large.gif
I really shouldn't so much right now but this is making my stomach hurt from laughter.

Biske

I just don't even understand. The man insulted your wife to the world by calling her ugly and showing her in the least flattering light that he possibly could. He said your dad was basically involved in the assassination of JFK.

You go up on stage at the RNC and make anyone in the party that doesn't slobber over your dick, hate you. Now you about face after your principled stand, and endorse orange cheeto face. Everyone that loved you before now hates you and views you as a spineless coward. It's like you were playing loser Bingo and you wanted to make sure to stamp all the squares. Oyvey.

I'm betting the RNC just turned the screws on him. Its one thing for them all to go down together, but when he was trying to play the solo game and rise above them all like a genius in the event of a Trump loss. His colleagues hated him way before that, but surely that doesn't help and at some point you can't just go it completely alone. Especially, if they are all gonna band together and help you not get re-elected. (Stuff like Trump talking about launching a super pac against him)

Edit:

Also, it makes perfect sense, seems Donald Trump is on the up lately and has a better chance of winning, Ted is nothing if not an opportunist.

Ted Cruz endorses the man who attacked his wife's appearance, questioned his citizenship, and alleged that his father was involved in the Kennedy assassination. What conviction. Well, he must have done it for a good cause -- oh yes, the United States' #1 security threat is on the ballot, Donald Trump. How could he keep himself from endorsing the most clear and present danger to our collective safety? How could he live with himself if he did not make clear his support for someone who hates American democracy -- someone who has advocated for the murder of his political opponents, the beating of protesters, and the idea that the elections are rigged against him? Truly an emblem of sound intellect and character.

Ted Cruz said:
Third, energy. Clinton would continue the Obama administration’s war on coal and relentless efforts to crush the oil and gas industry. Trump has said he will reduce regulations and allow the blossoming American energy renaissance to create millions of new high-paying jobs.

It's interesting how we've managed to have a blossoming energy renaissance under the very same administration that is relentlessly trying to crush the oil and gas industry.

SaviourMK2

Wiah, that was close. For a minute there I almost thought Cruz had character.

Thank goodness, just another tool who wants that taxpayer paycheck.

Muffdraul

So on FB you can configure it so that HaHa likes don't show up? I'm sure there are several thousand of them under Cruz's post, including mine.

EDIT: I guess it's because there are so many, you have to click "You and 43K others" to see them all. Less than 350 HaHa's?! Well, I suppose it's not really that funny.
YES IT IS

SURGEdude

LMAO. What a sad sad man. Hopefully Krispy Christy shares his playbook on how to be Trump's little bitch with the one man douchenado Lyin' Ted.

RPGCrazied

Of course he does. And there goes the little respect I had for him. What kind of person would do this after your wife was attacked for her looks, and said your father helped kill someone.

I guess Bohner was right, Lucifer in the flesh alright.

Nafai1123

Banned
I'm surprised any Republicans have held out as long as they have. For a while there I thought some of them might actually have patriotic values.

Kibbles

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...mes-correctly/ar-BBwx9WT?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=iehp

Who will win the 2016 presidential election? This professor has predicted correctly for 32 years

Nobody knows for certain who will win on Nov. 8 — but one man is pretty sure: Professor Allan Lichtman, who has correctly predicted every presidential election since 1984.
When we sat down in May, he explained how he comes to a decision. Lichtman's prediction isn't based on horse-race polls, shifting demographics or his own political opinions. Rather, he uses a system of true/false statements he calls the "Keys to the White House" to determine his predicted winner.

And this year, he says, Donald Trump is the favorite to win.
Welp, we had a good run

Arkeband

Banned
Allright this is my dream political cartoon for this moment.

Trump is Xerxes with a droopy gut and uneven spray tan covering his body, a golden ball and chain anklet with "Trump U" and the court date written on it

Ted Cruz is Ephialtes with a giant lip booger.

Trump is speaking to a group of self proclaimed deplorables, some of whom have Bernie or bust shirts on.

Trumpxes: "Unlike the cruel Crooked Hillary, who demanded that you stand, I require only that you kneel."

Ted Cruz is hobbling into frame going "...can I kneel too?!"

Pathetic. Even the few that make a show of "meaning what they say" flop back into line soon enough.

HumiliaTED
CapitulaTED
AssassinaTED
DomesticaTED
IntimidaTED
and finally b/c trump supporters like to call their opponents cucks
InseminaTED

CastraTED

While double-checking my spelling, apparently some politics site on Google beat me to this.

Ominym

Banned
Fucking lol. Why would you even do this? What a dumbass move. His best play was to hope Hilary wins and then come out hot a few years from now with a "I was the only doubter of the false GOP Prophet!" type rant.

Straight up embarrassing.

The number of "Only Jeb has a spine" comments are hilarious and also explains why Kasich got fourth in a three man race!

Also poor Lindsey Graham also gets no credit for "There'll come a time when love of country will trump hatred of Hillary".

That said fuck Ted Cruz for being a spineless coward.

Well, I guess there's still John, Jeb, Lindsey, and...Rand?

Nah Rand's been shilling for Trump for a while now.

That someone out there was able to force someone as hopelessly self-serving as Cruz to fall on this sword is pretty terrifying.

Whoever it was must've had Cruz pants-wettingly spooked because this is a suicidal move from any angle.

The post-mortem tell-alls are going to be legendary.

RaidenZR

What a spineless loser Ted Cruz is. He took a stand for two months and what...? Just now decided to eat shit, willingly? Fucking hell...

I really don't understand how blind party loyalty just allows Trump's support to swell. The man has literally done ZERO public service in his life and all these people with political careers are lining up their reputations to support him. I don't understand how things are going his way when he's clearly been a greedy, despicable monster of a human being his whole life. It's like he found a genie when he was 17 and figured out how to get a million wishes out of him.

So which notable Republican figureheads are left that claim they're not supporting Trump? Just the Bushes? Which, I'm not sure I buy. They can say all they want that they're not voting for Trump but I firmly believe in the privacy of the voting booth they'll cast their Republican vote like the loyal servants they are.

Miletius

What a spineless loser Ted Cruz is. He took a stand for two months and what...? Just now decided to eat shit, willingly? Fucking hell...

I really don't understand how blind party loyalty just allows Trump's support to swell. The man has literally done ZERO public service in his life and all these people with political careers are lining up their reputations to support him. I don't understand how things are going his way when he's clearly been a greedy, despicable monster of a human being his whole life. It's like he found a genie when he was 17 and figured out how to get a million wishes out of him.

So which notable Republican figureheads are left that claim they're not supporting Trump? Just the Bushes? Which, I'm not sure I buy. They can say all they want that they're not voting for Trump but I firmly believe in the privacy of the voting booth they'll cast their Republican vote like the loyal servants they are.

Mitt Romney is not supporting Trump and probably won't change his mind.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that the man is so slimy that he can't even keep his own slimy word as he was being slimy during the convention.

The damage is still done, this will net Trump zero additional votes.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

32 years is 8 elections, which means 1 in 256 people guessing by flipping coins would be right every time; more if you assume someone doesn't guess on blowout elections where it's not even close.

There's an old story, I don't know if it's based in reality or an urban legend, but there's a guy who wants to run a financial scam. He picks a bunch of different stocks and faxes out faxes saying that the stocks will rise, thousands of faxes for each stock. Then, whichever stocks rise, he sends new faxes to those people with different random stock picks. After a few rounds of this, there are only a few people left who got all the right faxes with the right stock tips. Then, he faxes them a sales pitch for his stock advice. If even one person buys in, which they will--because how could one guy get all this right?!--he makes a mint on the scam.

Making matters worse, this appears to be a qualitative system he's come up with, and almost all of his variables are impossible to measure and rely on "gut checks".

Contest: There is no serious contest for the incumbent party nomination.
What is a serious contest?
Third party: There is no significant third party or independent campaign.
What is a significant third party? He counts Johnson as one because if you take polls and arbitrarily cut them in half but no further that's a number that's arbitrarily high so it counts.
Long-term economy: Real per capita economic growth during the term equals or exceeds mean growth during the previous two terms.
Ridiculously specific; fragile and vulnerable to alternative specifications; also multicollinear with short-term economy and unlikely to be cleanly identified in a regression setting
Policy change: The incumbent administration effects major changes in national policy.
errr (this is apparently a failure for the Democrats because the ACA doesn't count because it was too long ago)
Social unrest: There is no sustained social unrest during the term.
errr
Scandal: The incumbent administration is untainted by major scandal.
errrr
Foreign/military failure: The incumbent administration suffers no major failure in foreign or military affairs.
errr
Foreign/military success: The incumbent administration achieves a major success in foreign or military affairs.
errr (note: the professor codes this as a "failure" for the Democrats because Iran, Cuba, and winding down Afghanistan and Iraq don't count)
Incumbent charisma: The incumbent party candidate is charismatic or a national hero.
Challenger charisma: The challenging party candidate is not charismatic or a national hero.
Give me a break. Edit: Turns out that Genius Mr. Professor plays loosy goosey with who he considers charismatic

And the guy, in the end, hedges on his prediction. Not "I am uncertain because there is uncertainty in polling or information", but rather "the system is always right but what if we didn't interpret it right then we could be right but still be wrong, right?"

My prediction is based off a scientific system.

No it's not. What is scientific about this?

Slayven

Reading twitter on this, it is hilarious. Everyone is shitting on Ted, Right, Left, Green, etc. Seems the only thing that can unite people is agreeing Ted Cruz is a piece of shit.

dat Washington Post headline

"Ted Cruz and his conscience amicably part ways"

How appropriate it is, by the way, that the top 2 trending topics on Twitter right now are Ted Cruz and The Exorcist.

Cruz is an idiot.

Trump shits on him so bad. Insults his wife. Insults his father. Insults him. And Cruz comes crawling back?

Spineless coward. It's pretty hilarious though, I have to admit. This only guarantees that he'll be sunk when Trump loses.

This only guarantees that he'll be sunk when Trump loses.
Trump's sycophantic idolizers will quickly disperse after the cold, swift hand of reality slaps them square across the face. They'll find something else to occupy their time with.

Instead, Trump's only lasting legacy will be his systematic demolition of the entire GOP infrastructure. Every sitting public official from Paul Ryan to Ted Cruz to no-name county clerk will be forever branded with the scarlet letter "T" for the rest of whatever brief shelf life this massacre will grant them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom