• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 |OT| How I killed your mother

JTCx

Any advice? Id give you some, but you were pretty flawless by the end lol

Vary your attacks with her learn more of her core movesets so it can help you mix up your attacks. Don't be so hasty on trying to get hits in especially when you're at disadvantage. Also be careful with throwing random rage arts, very risky. I wasnt doing so hot near the beginning because i never really fought Katarina before so everything was new to me. Near the end of our set I was starting to get familiar with her and your approach was pretty straightforward.

AllenShrz

You mean WS2, 3?

If so, they nerfed it back to Tekken 6 style where he only gets a very hard to time f, f+3 after it. You might also get something with Rage Drive too, but I haven't tested.

Really? Thats depressing, and yes, hitting that ff3 is very tricky.

Demoskinos

It's ridiculous and his health regenerates as well. I'm not sure how I did it but I did. I had all the luck in the world. I'd say if you wanna try it then do the 5 star and immediately after beating that, then switch to 10. Just treat it like the 5.

And the title says "Master of the Iron Fist."

Yeah Gratz I'll never do that cause I am garbo with Jin. Most of the story mode sucked for me cause I'm garbage with most of the Mishimas.

Two Words

My Dragunov

35121642245_179830005d_o.png

34956958152_44ef42e989_o.png

It started as a Punisher attempt, but that wasn't really possible.
Why not make Red Skull?

Red_Skull_Portrait_Art.png

Shouta

A private lobby worked for me earlier but I don't think the matchmaking is working yet. I know they're looking into it though.

AmyS

Question:

The CG cutscene from Tekken 5's intro on PS2 with Heihachi and Kazuya fighting all those Jacks, was that partly remade in realtime in UE4 for Tekken 7?

Question:

The CG cutscene from Tekken 5's intro on PS2 with Heihachi and Kazuya fighting all those Jacks, was that partly remade in realtime in UE4 for Tekken 7?
Not really. The actual fight is sort of in this game, but its interspersed with clips of the original FMV.

They also do it again later in the story, because Namco I guess rightly decided they could never top that scene in any Tekken game again.

Seijuro

Just missing the trophies for 50k damage in practice, Warrior rank and ranked online win. Hopefully all done soon (via virtue and patch). Will be my first Platinum on PS4 😀

Been playing around with Gigas yesterday. Is it me or is he kind of limited? Slow, short combos but big damage? I read he was bad in Arcade, but at the level I am playing I wouldn't know....

I was finally able to connect to someone in a player match and they were Chloe.

I think we played 20 games and the Chloe won all of them.

I feel like I can't do anything as Shaheen.

Someone help

Numb

Get better

Your character isn't the problem
eNtlu1r.jpg

Someone help

I only fought one Chloe once but tried Shaheen some
He has a good hopkick and great pokes. His b+4 hits far and can stop the shenanigans Don't let her start her stuff. Best way is ofc to look through her movelist. It's what i do

I only fought one Chloe once but tried Shaheen some
He has a good hopkick and great pokes. His b+4 hits far and can stop the shenanigans Don't let her start her stuff. Best way is ofc to look through her movelist. It's what i do

Yeah, I just wasn't sure how I should play against her. Should I be trying to keep her away with pokes most of the time? And when should I be using my hopkick?

She would just get close to me and start her mix ups and I would just get stuck.

I know Shaheen isn't the problem, I just wanted a better idea of what he could be doing against a character like Chloe.

Kashiwaba

I think They improved the online on ps4, matchmaking still doesn't work, but i played against some 3 and 4 bars and it was almost lag free and not syncing in the middle of the match, while 5 bars were flawless.

SarusGray

Givng Xiaoyu a break, love her kit in this new iteration, she's flipping amazing mix up game, but has weak punishing potential. Still love her...

Now learning Josie :)

hate her damn crying.

Z

ZelbZelb

Unconfirmed Member

Someone help

Aw snap I think that was me... Green hat, green pants Chloe? A lot of those rounds were close. I think it came down to the last round a few times right? Don't be so hard on yourself. I played a long set against a Bryan player that creamed me 9 times out of 10. Very frustrating. I spent an hour in training and I think I can recognize/punish a few more of his moves now.

Take your character into training Shaheen vs Shaheen, then look up his frame data. Then go through his move-list to see what's punishable. It'll help you understand your character so you don't over-extend yourself. Then do the same with Chloe.

Hope that helps give you a starting point. Just take things slow.

EDIT: Some things I've noticed about Chloe:
-She has a crazy amount of launchers an counter-hit launchers, like oh my god.
-Because of this, almost all her moves are 15frame + start-up.
-She doesn't have a 13 or 14 frame punisher (besides WS1,4) so other characters seem like they can get away with a lot of risky stuff.
-I feel like she really has trouble getting in, since her offense is lead mostly be 1 or d/f1 or 4 or a high-risk/low damage low.

Kickz

Whats the best way to break out of someone unloading on you multiple times before you hit the ground?

Seems like once I am launched I get chained on until my healthbar is zero :(

Ferrio

Banned
Whats the best way to break out of someone unloading on you multiple times before you hit the ground?

Seems like once I am launched I get chained on until my healthbar is zero :(

If you get launched you're helpless until you hit the ground in a non bound state.

Numb

Yeah, I just wasn't sure how I should play against her. Should I be trying to keep her away with pokes most of the time? And when should I be using my hopkick?

She would just get close to me and start her mix ups and I would just get stuck.

I know Shaheen isn't the problem, I just wanted a better idea of what he could be doing against a character like Chloe.

The next character Aris is gonna look at is Chloe for matchup.
I can't stress enough how much you should watch this if you want to improve your fight against her. It'll show up in his stream archive as soon as tomorrow or this week at the latest

He did the same thing for Josie,Katarina and Miguel

Alright, guess once I am launched the match is probably over

afaik no one in the game can air juggle 100% of your health.

Rule 1 of Tekken is don't let yourself get launched into the air. Always Be Blocking.
Rule 2 is, if you get launched, make sure you get out of their pressure zone once you land. rolling using 1 is often a good escape.

Hopefully Namco is mailing Aris checks for the work he's putting in.

Dude's done a thousand times better job at teaching Tekken over the past few days than Namco has done since the franchise's conception.

Kickz

afaik no one in the game can air juggle 100% of your health.

Rule 1 of Tekken is don't let yourself get launched into the air. Always Be Blocking.
Rule 2 is, if you get launched, make sure you get out of their pressure zone once you land. rolling using 1 is often a good escape.

Thanks will keep that in mind

Aw snap I think that was me... Green hat, green pants Chloe? A lot of those rounds were close. I think it came down to the last round a few times right? Don't be so hard on yourself. I played a long set against a Bryan player that creamed me 9 times out of 10. Very frustrating. I spent an hour in training and I think I can recognize/punish a few more of his moves now.

Take your character into training Shaheen vs Shaheen, then look up his frame data. Then go through his move-list to see what's punishable. It'll help you understand your character so you don't over-extend yourself. Then do the same with Chloe.

Hope that helps give you a starting point. Just take things slow.

EDIT: Some things I've noticed about Chloe:
-She has a crazy amount of launchers an counter-hit launchers, like oh my god.
-Because of this, almost all her moves are 15frame + start-up.
-She doesn't have a 13 or 14 frame punisher (besides WS1,4) so other characters seem like they can get away with a lot of risky stuff.
-I feel like she really has trouble getting in, since her offense is lead mostly be 1 or d/f1 or 4 or a high-risk/low damage low.

Oh shit, good games! Thanks for sticking with me for all of them lol

First time playing Tekken so it's a lot to take in but thanks for the tips!

Apharmd

Has there been any word on when online is getting fixed? Also is there acknowledgement of the bug where I can't exit after I lose in a tournament?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Has there been any word on when online is getting fixed? Also is there acknowledgement of the bug where I can't exit after I lose in a tournament?
When you lose in a tournament you are not supposed to leave everyone gets rewarded at the end and people that leave lowers the max reward size everyone gets

Apharmd

When you lose in a tournament you are not supposed to leave everyone gets rewarded at the end and people that leave lowers the max reward size everyone gets

Seriously? That's a thing? I've like, left eight tournaments after I lost because I really just wanted to find more matches.

I've played like only eight in two hours and a half. It's really annoying me, especially when I have to quit the whole game to leave the tournament so I can play against someone else.

Salex_

I saw someone mention waiting in the Match List to get matches to connect and it actually works. I'm getting matches in less than 60 seconds. Make sure it says "Searching for session..." at the bottom of the screen.
Hopefully Namco is mailing Aris checks for the work he's putting in.

Dude's done a thousand times better job at teaching Tekken over the past few days than Namco has done since the franchise's conception.

Yeah, he's doing a great job teaching while being entertaining.

EDIT: Wait, so what do I do in the match list? Do I just keep updating or do I hit the confirm button?

Just keep waiting, don't refresh the list. You'll get up a pop-up saying "You've been challenged".

Top Bottom