• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 |OT| How I killed your mother

Apharmd

I saw someone mention waiting in the Match List to get matches to connect and it actually works. I'm getting matches in less than 60 seconds. Make sure it says "Searching for session..." at the bottom of the screen.

Yeah, he's doing a great job teaching while being entertaining.

Thanks, will try it. Also yeah for sure, Aris is invaluable to me right now as a newb.

EDIT: Wait, so what do I do in the match list? Do I just keep updating or do I hit the confirm button?

I'll tolerate Lucky Chloe because there's only one of her and she isn't getting the Roman Reigns push like Honkers and Marie Rose. That hatred instead goes to Lars and Alissa, of course.

DKL

I'm playing on PC on an SSD. It's still enough of a wait to be annoying :(

You push two buttons in training mode and it resets the state of the match.

Why is not like this everywhere else >_>

No one wants to look at loading screens in fighting games. No one.

That said, derped around in ranked again and I sort of hit a wall and lost a bunch straight, so I went to Player Match to work on a new strategy which seems to involve mashing jab and then throwing something that's +3 on block out and then hopefully not fucking up the CH.

Assuming they duck under mashed jab, I should proceed to hop kick.

Also, lows, even though I know that actual good players don't rely on these :v

(but, actually, need to get used to using Paul's WS3 whenever I'm in a situation where I need to crouch and then come back up)

This is actually a very YOLO style of play lol

Does anyone know a good Paul that I can copy :v

wagamer

Wait... the secret achievement does involve
clearing that bonus chapter in story mode.

Oh h*ck.

Switch to easy, block/evade everything and mash the combo buttons. Took me two tries, on the first one I didn't notice I had to press rage art before him so I lost.

Got to try out Tekken 7 at a tournament last night. Practicing in 6 didn't help much. There are a lot of changes in this game. None of my juggles from 6 work as well anymore. Getting up from the ground is different in this game, no roll back. Input for spring kicks is more strict, and you automatically get up when doing the down kick while on the ground.

I think I did okay for the small amount of people that were there, but no way I could've won with all those changes when I don't have the game.

Nuszka

Had an instance where ranked worked perfectly fine for me from warm up mode , got about ten games without any disconnections. Later on though i got completely opposite experience.

Already played over 20 hours and use Lili as my main character.
Played tons of online tournaments yesterday and most of them had a good and stable connection.
Ranked is still completely unplayable (EU).

Nuszka

Got to try out Tekken 7 at a tournament last night. Practicing in 6 didn't help much. There are a lot of changes in this game. None of my juggles from 6 work as well anymore. Getting up from the ground is different in this game, no roll back. Input for spring kicks is more strict, and you automatically get up when doing the down kick while on the ground.

I think I did okay for the small amount of people that were there, but no way I could've won with all those changes when I don't have the game.

Yeas there are a lot of changes, getting up is much buffed, just hold b and your character slides away instead of rolling which had a longer animation and was prone to refloating for another juggle. The shin kick you mention is again sooooooo much better now as you enter the quick get up animation when you hit the opponent , so you are not prone to more ok I. Spring kicks input is actually easier , just hold iirc d+3+4 that's it. So all the changes you mentioned are actually better for a newcomer and casual player.

I realized I've been playing way too respectful and not challenging things. Just too unfamiliar with strings.

Thought "Fuck it" and started pressing buttons after everything and won 3 matches in a row against a Tekken vet.

Yeas there are a lot of changes, getting up is much buffed, just hold b and your character slides away instead of rolling which had a longer animation and was prone to refloating for another juggle. The shin kick you mention is again sooooooo much better now as you enter the quick get up animation when you hit the opponent , so you are not prone to more ok I. Spring kicks input is actually easier , just hold iirc d+3+4 that's it. So all the changes you mentioned are actually better for a newcomer and casual player.

The spring kick motion for me is harder. I take in memorization of most moves from how they look. I always inputted it as back forward, 3 & 4 in the rest of the games, but now I have to do b 3 + 4. It's something I'd have to get used to. Same goes for some moves I use for Alise. Other shit is coming out now like her running double kick. In 6 I pressed 3 + 4 together twice since I see both legs, but that doesn't fly in this game so I have to press 3 and then 4. I like how they completely changed Alisa's d 3. That shit was bad in Tekken 6. Her double rocket punch seems to be gone, but I didn't really use it often anyway, but I liked having it as an option after knocking someone away.

Velurian

LpFqxro.png

Menome

Quick question: What's a good move or two for Alisa, in order to take advantage of an opponent when they're laying on the floor? Whilst there's the d+3 slide, it feels like there more I could be doing.

Numb

Quick question: What's a good move or two for Alisa, in order to take advantage of an opponent when they're laying on the floor? Whilst there's the d+3 slide, it feels like there more I could be doing.

She has d/b+4 and d+3+4

Moaradin

Any PC save files that unlock all the items or something? Treasure Battle is getting annoying with what I'm assuming is dupe items. I'm getting nothing but gold which I didn't early on.

FDC1

I was finally able to make a few online matches this morning, I even won one ranked match, hourraaah ! Only the friend match trophy remaining before platinum.

Finally got the Platinum. My first and only Platinum, actually. Way too easy, but I'll take it.

Spent some time in the lab trying to avoid Akuma's Rage Art. The window for moving out of the way (since it is unblockable) is very very small. IMO unblockable Rage Arts just shouldn't be in the game, especially when taking into consideration flaky online matches.

Actually was able to play a couple non-ranked matches. Beat a Steve player with my Xiaoyu who seemed pretty green. Then I went up against a King player who got me with all the cheap stuff and throws I used to be able to escape back in the day. Gotta relearn all that. That's kind of the problem with the huge roster these days...learning how to defend against every character is really time consuming.

Finally got the Platinum. My first and only Platinum, actually. Way too easy, but I'll take it.

Spent some time in the lab trying to avoid Akuma's Rage Art. The window for moving out of the way (since it is unblockable) is very very small. IMO unblockable Rage Arts just shouldn't be in the game, especially when taking into consideration flaky online matches.
Can't you just jump to avoid it?

Online PS4 works for me 90% of the time when I play tournament, tournament mode seems to work ALLOT.

I'm sticking with that online mode till the patch.

Can't you just jump to avoid it?

I was only able to jump out of the way once in 45 minutes of trying. The only consistent way I had of avoiding it was with Xiaoyu's spin sidestep move, but even then it had to be as soon as the Rage Art animation started. Even a a quarter of a second after and I was dead.

Mantrox

Givng Xiaoyu a break, love her kit in this new iteration, she's flipping amazing mix up game, but has weak punishing potential. Still love her...

Now learning Josie :)

hate her damn crying.

Josie needs a goddamn confidence DLC for 4.99$, that shit is annoying; the only character that loses on the winning quote.

Danielsan

I continue to suck online. I'll probably try to pick up a second character this week. I still love playing as Asuka, but I want to change it up. I also feel that I'll never really get back dash cancelling down. On the other hand, I only started playing stick 2 weeks ago so I should just give it time. Can't expect to be awesome at fighting games within a couple of weeks. Especially not with a new input device. I still haven't even fully come to terms with normal (fast) movements on a stick.

I continue to suck online. I'll probably try to pick up a second character this week. I still love playing as Asuka, but I want to change it up. I also feel that I'll never really get back dash cancelling down. On the other hand, I only started playing stick 2 weeks ago so I should just give it time. Can't expect to be awesome at fighting games within a couple of weeks. Especially not with a new input device. I still haven't even fully come to terms with normal (fast) movements on a stick.

B,B(then do a quick fireball motion backwards) and repeat it seems to work

And don't worry like any good fighting game it takes time, but that the fun is the learning and community.

Spuck-uk

Banned
My advice as a King main.

Dont even try.

Pick 2-3 BnBs you like and practice those, as far as his throws go....pick the two advanced grab combos you like and stick with those.

You will never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever see anyone pull off a Death cradle naturally in a tournament or even casual play...and trying is just going to get your fingers broken.

Bronson Tran pulled off a death cradle against Poongko in grand finals of a national tournament just a month back.

It was hype as fuck.

Artdayne

I played a bit of Tekken 7 today, I really haven't played a Tekken game since Tekken 4 and wow is this amazing. It's like riding a bike, still remember a lot of the combos for a lot of the returning characters. This feels like the best fighter on the market right now and I'm not sure its close.

Is it possible to tell the CPU (choose it in the movelist) in Practice to do this move so I can see how it looks? Or will I have to record it myself?

Yup, you can choose stuff from the movelist and have the CPU do it against you. You can even have multiple moves queued up.

Flousn

Okay, this is my first (kinda) serious attempt at a 3D-fighter.
Really having Problems with precise and quick Movement on a Stick.
Help a Scrub out:
- Switch to Pad (Standard DS4)?
- Hold on to the Stick?

DSix

Banned
Okay, this is my first (kinda) serious attempt at a 3D-fighter.
Really having Problems with precise and quick Movement on a Stick.
Help a Scrub out:
- Switch to Pad (Standard DS4)?
- Hold on to the Stick?

Both are doable. Playing on a pad is easier and faster to get right, but If you can get over the initial hurdles of stick play you'll be at an advantage later on.

I'm a pad player, I can never play mishimas to their max potential, but it's fine for every other characters.

I feel like the Yakuza 0 soundtrack can go well with this game. Imagine this song playing in a stage :eek:
Are we related?
Some of the stages in Tekken 7 have fantastic music. Like Equator Line Round 1 and 2 are both just perfect.

But some of them do feel a bit off or just WAY too dubsteppy.

So I thought maybe some music from another series would serve as a worthwhile replacement. Who knows, maybe the PC version will have mods that allow this! The series that I personally thought would have the best replacement for some of the stages was the Yakuza franchise. That series has music ranging from Jazzy to 80's Rock to Electronic to Orchestral to Pop to everything in between.

Here are some of my suggestions for replacements:

Instead of Day before the glass Matrix 1st, I suggest Victory Road from Yakuza 5. Alternatively, this track from Yakuza 6 also works well.

Instead of Ruin 65 2nd, Majima's Breaker style theme from Yakuza 0.

Instead of Empty Your Mind 2nd, Receive and Stab You from Yakuza 3.

Just want to say that I LOVE the Dojo themes but if I were to replace them then these two would be my choices.

Instead of Dojo 1st, the Battle theme from Yakuza:Ishin/Ryu ga Gotoku: Ishin. And instead of Dojo 2nd, the final boss theme from Yakuza/RGG: Ishin (2:00 till 3:07 is the buildup, I'd probably start from 3:00 till 5:25).

And I personally love love LOVE this track from Yakuza 6. While I don't think it can fit as stage music, it would be perfect for a story mode fight between two evenly matched opponents with a history. Maybe Lee Chaolan vs Kazuya? Just spitballin.
Would love some thoughts on this.
Can't get this damn game out of my mind, why didn't I jump into the series sooner!!
Yakuza music in general fits Tekken's style perfectly.

Top Bottom