• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 |OT| How I killed your mother

cordy

Banned
Seeing all these new players in here like

tumblr_inline_nyygwiak1h1qcx1e9_500.gif

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Ah dammit just pre ordered and am seeing it doesn't unlock until tomorrow night :(

Can't wait to get back on some Tekken action

I think that I'm going to wait for 12am CEST to download the game. The last game I pre-loaded (Nier:A) took like an hour for Steam to de-crypt on my SSD, and that was 45 gigs. Meanwhile, Tekken 7 is 60GB. :/ As a test, I'm re downloading FFXIII (58GB), and it's projecting 30 mins.

Skyzard

Banned
I think that I'm going to wait for 12am CEST to download the game. The last game I pre-loaded (Nier:A) took like an hour for Steam to de-crypt on my SSD, and that was 45 gigs. Meanwhile, Tekken 7 is 60GB. :/ As a test, I'm re downloading FFXIII (58GB), and it's projecting 30 mins.

I was just thinking I might be better off deleting it and waiting for release lol. Might as well wait and see now that I've downloaded it.

Why can't they just encrypt the .exe files :(

daripad

I'm really undecided if I should get this one or Injustice 2. I'm in the mood for a fighting game but I'm a noob at them lol. So, what is the best option for me?

I played Tekken 6 btw and I sucked really bad but I had a little fun with it, though I felt the single player story mode was bad.

Korigama

That's one hell of a title.

It'll be quite some time before I get this (plus I'm terrible at Tekken anyway), but I will be paying attention to new developments concerning it.

1080p on Pro.
Here's some screenshots.
PS4 version has lower-than expected resolutions but tons of awesome exclusive content like jukebox and legacy costumes. PC version has graphical advantage but features are lacking. I'm bummed there's no complete package for this game. :/ Getting it on PC despite everything because I've got a 1070 and I want to support fighting games on PC.

Kashiwaba

I'm really undecided if I should get this one or Injustice 2. I'm in the mood for a fighting game but I'm a noob at them lol. So, what is the best option for me?

I played Tekken 6 btw and I sucked really bad but I had a little fun with it, though I felt the single player story mode was bad.

SFV and GG are the cheapest and both got some good contents right now, but if you don't want that and you're more casual i would say Injustice 2 is your best option.

daripad

SFV and GG are the cheapest and both got some good contents right now, but if you don't want that and you're more casual i would say Injustice 2 is your best option.

I had SFV but I sold it because I would wait like 20 minutes minimum for any match to start so I never really had the currency to unlock any of the DLC characters and the content was barebones

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.

do you like the mortal kombat fighting system or do you like the tekken fighting system?

This is honestly the first time I'm hearing there are people expecting Julia/Lei/Anna as free DLC later on.

You guys...

It's no more unrealistic than expecting nothing.

Why does the console release mean the character rollout has to end now? Are Lee, Kuma, Miguel and Eddy even in the arcades yet?

If they said they're gonna support the game for another year then I don't see how the roster is final. It's common practice to have a shitload of dlc characters in fighting games nowadays.

Why does the console release mean the character rollout has to end now? Are Lee, Kuma, Miguel and Eddy even in the arcades yet?

If they said they're gonna support the game for another year then I don't see how the roster is final. It's common practice to have a shitload of dlc characters in fighting games nowadays.

Yeah but their outline for DLC has been stated to be 3 characters. That's their plan, hopefully they go for more but who knows. Also they said guest characters not old ones but who knows.

And nah console characters are not in arcades yet. My guess is they will remain exclusive for some months then get added to give people a reason to get the console version in Asia.

Kumubou

Companies also get to charge for those additional DLC characters -- how frequently do new characters get added for free?

The one weird thing to me is that they've already come out and said that if they brought back any other characters, they would be free. If they're not planning on doing that, why even talk about it? (I'm not saying I think they're adding a bunch of free DLC characters, just that if they're not, they should have said zip about it.)

Kysuke

So I preordered the game on psn and bought it early as well and it came with a code for that character so after the game launches I'll give the code to someone who wants it

Stuart444

Great OT title though I expected something to do with a volcano in the title lol.

Love Tekken. Looking forward to getting this!

Kashiwaba

I had SFV but I sold it because I would wait like 20 minutes minimum for any match to start so I never really had the currency to unlock any of the DLC characters and the content was barebones

It's $40 now on psn with both season passes and the new cfn is actually working very well so far, other than that as i said go with Injustice 2 or Tekken 7 both are new, Will have tone of people to play with online and full of single player contents, Injustice 2 is actually easier to get into i guess.

So I preordered the game on psn and bought it early as well and it came with a code for that character so after the game launches I'll give the code to someone who wants it
Wow, that's quite generous. Might want to mention what region you're in too (Region 1 that is US/Canada/Mexico or Region 2 that is UK, Europe and Middle East)

AllenShrz

Almost two years of taking L's in the arcade has me like ^

Ya'll bout to get it!

-then I remembered I'm still going to be connecting to the same people as the Arcade -

Can confirm, they are kicking my ass.

I'm surprised that I have been fighting Koreans and the connection is very good!

Dragun619

So are the Pre-ordered Bonuses given from the retailer like email/receipt or do all the day one copies have a code inside that will give those pre-order bonuses?

Don't really wanna wait, but if I have to pre-order to get those bonuses then I guess I'll order it on amazon.

Top Bottom