• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 |OT| How I killed your mother

Hellix

I was planning on getting the game on PC, but finding out the legacy costumes (That Tekken 2 King one is HUGE for me) and the OSTs are PS4 exclusive...

Are you fucking serious? Where was this confirmed? I know about the Tekken Tunes being PS4 exclusive but not the costumes.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I wonder how many failed attempts at King's cradle there are. That command throw was always intriguing to me in the arcades. If they even call it the cradle in 7. I wish Amazon came early.

Kumubou

Something I wish someone told me earlier (as in, years ago): Sidesteps in Tekken have startup (8 frames, apparently). I always figured it was like Soul Calibur (where it would start instantly but would be over a period of time), but that helps explain why you can't really sidestep anything at significant disadvantage.

And ranked modes letting you turn down matches sounds really stupid. It's a decision that makes me wonder if the person who OKed that ever actually played a game online in their life.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Any pc impression for a 970? So far they only said 1060 can do 1080p & 1440p 60 fps but nothing on 970. 1060 is quite a bit more powerful than 970. It looks like the pro won't be able to do pc max setting (missing motion blur).

I would love to know this as well.

selo

Hey guys, about to buy, I have some steam credit (refunded MVC:I) and I was wondering ... is the deluxe edition worth it? Do we know what the special modes and characters will be? Sorry if this has been asked before, didn't find.

Hey guys, about to buy, I have some steam credit (refunded MVC:I) and I was wondering ... is the deluxe edition worth it? Do we know what the special modes and characters will be? Sorry if this has been asked before, didn't find.

no exact details yet...you can always just get the Standard Edition and buy the Season Pass later if not knowing is a dealbreaker

No characters from the season pass have been revealed.

Shredderi

Jukebox, costumes and vr mode are ps4 exclusive.

Lol and I was just about to pull the trigger and buy my first Tekken game since T5. Listed exclusive content were a pretty strong part of the pull for me, especially since T7 original music is trash for the most part. Sigh. Maybe next Tekken then.
And yes something like that is important to me because I don't typically buy fighting games despite liking them because I only enjoy playing with irl friends really so I don't get to play that much but was gonna buy this anyway

Ferrio

Banned
Lol and I was just about to pull the trigger and buy my first Tekken game since T5. Listed exclusive content were a pretty strong part of the pull for me, especially since T7 original music is trash for the most part. Sigh. Maybe next Tekken then.
And yes something like that is important to me because I don't typically buy fighting games despite liking them because I only enjoy playing with irl friends really so I don't get to play that much but was gonna buy this anyway

The modding community has your back I'm sure. The PS4 exclusives suck, but in the end I bet PC has the wider array of content.

SenkiDala

Graphics are very good on PS4 Pro, not blurry at all. And it's fun to play, I'm enjoying it. The lack of Time Trial and Survival is a but disappointing, but that's all.

Yudoken

what's the best deal going on the pc version?

isthereanydeal.com for Eliza preorder keys or cdkeys for cheaper price (keys are delivered now or near launch).

Also I would recommend the pc version.

People will sooner or later figure out how to do mod costumes and more into the game.

And trust me, there are many amazing costume mods avaible for SF V qhich easily beat anything officially done.

Here are some examples

1 2 3
Those modders are very likely going to make amazing stuff for Tekken 7 too as soon as they figure out how to access the files and import/export their stuff into the game.

Can't wait to see obvious mods like 2B costume for Eliza or Q as Dragonov.

Maybe they can also unlock jukebox mode if it's in the files.

Also the recenf wording of Bamco about jukebox questions implies that the jukebox/costumes could come later for pc/bone.

Slaythe

isthereanydeal.com for Eliza preorder keys or cdkeys for cheaper price (keys sre delivered near launch).

People will sooner or later figure out how to do mod costumes and more into the game.

And trust me, there are many amazing costume mods avaible for SF V.
Those modders are very likely going to make amazing stuff for Tekken 7 as soon as they figure out how to access the files and import/export their stuff into the game.

Also the recenf wording of Bamco about jukebox questions implies that the jukebox/costumes could come later for pc/bone.

Costumes are literally no fun if your opponent can't see them online tbh. =(

Meh I'm gonna go PC on this one. Just cancelled my ps4 version. Mostly because of the load times.

Kinda scared about the player base.

If the player base is bad, this is my last fighting game on PC.

Korezo

isthereanydeal.com for Eliza preorder keys or cdkeys for cheaper price (keys sre delivered near launch).

And trust me, there are many amazing costume mods avaible for SF V.
Those modders are very likely going to make amazing stuff for Tekken 7 as soon as they figure out how to access the files and import/export their stuff into the game.

My Cdkeys Tekken been preloaded on steam 5 hours ago.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I love the ridiculous amount of customization options in this game so much.

Take notes, Ono.

Yudoken

Costumes are literally no fun if your opponent can't see them online tbh. =(

Meh I'm gonna go PC on this one. Just cancelled my ps4 version. Mostly because of the load times.

Kinda scared about the player base.

If the player base is bad, this is my last fighting game on PC.

The current Tekken pc climate implies that there's a going to be a massive influx of players.

Both the normal and deluxe editions are in the top steam charts and those are only counting the overpriced og steam sales (I guarantee that majority of the sales will be from somewhere else like cdkeys or one of the Eliza preorder delivering sites).

Of course mod costumes will not be visible for the other player unless they use it too but honestly if you really think aboilut it nobody really cares what your character is wearing.

It's important what you see and for your eyes/stream/video in my opinion.

Nobody cares what you're wearing at all online.

Shredderi

The modding community has your back I'm sure. The PS4 exclusives suck, but in the end I bet PC has the wider array of content.

Maybe, but I'll have to take a wait and see stance on that so I unfortunately can't join in on the first wave hype.

Slaythe

The current Tekken pc climate implies that there's a going to be a massive influx of players.

Yeah I'm hoping the Injustice 2 snubbing of the PC players will make them jump on Tekken.

It's my only fear. That and the fact that I always multitask on my PC and it might interfere with gameplay !

Of course mod costumes will not be visible fof the other player unless they use it too but honestly no doubt really cares what your character is wearing.

It's important what you see and for your eyes/stream/video in my opinion.

Nobody cares what you're wearing at all.

Pls.

I want people to see how cool I look.

the official tekken guide/videos are really awkward. There is not enough time and detail to anything markman talks about and assumes too much from brand new players. At the same time the information is too basic for returning players.

Namco really dropped the ball there.

SarusGray

I can be your manager I suppose.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You see me at EVO:

"It's the one and only, SarusGray, he plays Tekken against the top player while chatting up men on dating apps and web caming at the same time! With his Manager Vazra!"

Skab

Ordered off amazon tonight in time for release day delivery. First Tekken I've ever actually purchased, and the first time I'll be diving into one. Wish me luck!

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You see me at EVO:

"It's the one and only, SarusGray, he plays Tekken against the top player while chatting up men on dating apps and web caming at the same time! With his Manager Vazra!"

I pictured you more of a bottom player ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) but you gotta admit that does sound like an unique EVO personality!

Dubz

Have to buy a stick for my PS4. Now that Mad Catz is gone, is the HORI Real Arcade Pro 4 Kai the stick to get?

I have the Kai and I love it. Only thing I don't like is there is no mic jack, so if you want to play with friends you need a wireless headset.

Renkax

Okay so.. I got the game and stuff , downloaded the patch or whatever it had to download . I went to the snow stage and VS'd my bro and he picked Kuma and Kuma's fur didn't really look all that great .. very pixels . Is this a common problem for those who have the game?

MistBreeze

Hi guys :)

Is absence of CG endings hurt the game?
Is character select soundtrack changed?
Is it better than Tekken Tag 2?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Ordered off amazon tonight in time for release day delivery. First Tekken I've ever actually purchased, and the first time I'll be diving into one. Wish me luck!

Oh wow congrats! Glad to have you with us!

Top Bottom