• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 |OT| How I killed your mother

Jer

So finally got a chance to really get into Tekken 7 over the weekend after finishing Persona 5, and I was really surprised at how bad some QOL stuff is for online on PS4. Are they planning to fix any of this?

Main things that surprised me were incredibly long wait times between ranked matches (like multiple minutes), no rematch in player matches, and punishing everyone if someone that's been eliminated leaves a tournament. The tournament one makes no sense, do they really expect someone that goes 0-2 to sit there and wait for the end of a double elim tourney?

It also felt like syncing took a really long time, and everything just seemed super slow. I don't remember SC5 or TTT2 feeling anywhere near this time consuming between matches.

It was frustrating enough that I'm not sure how much I'd want to play online until they improve it. Am I just being grumpy, or is it pretty bad?

So is there any way to create a legitimately decent version of Kazuya's classic purple tux in this game? The whole shiny purple coat thing doesn't look too great..

I just finished making some blue flame bottoms for Jin. I need my retro-ish costume itch to be scratched!!

patchday

Funny looking at the gallery it looks like I haven't played Tekken since Tekken 1 & 2 which was many yrs ago.

So does this game not show you frame data or can I just not find it? I really liked that about DoA. I barely used it but it was a nice option. Now that I actually wanna look into it more I guess I have to go online?

This shocked me as well.

damn the tournaments... every one i've joined I've gone to finals or semi finals only for the host to quit. -_-

I think from now on I'm just going to start my own tournaments.

Astral

So I've been training a few more hours with Asuka and I think I'm more comfortable with the game. I'm not sure how I'd fare in an actual match though. I'd probably forget everything I learned lol. Anything I need to know about Asuka? I've got juggle combos and stuff mostly off of CH and whiffs. But what should I do outside of CH? I'm kinda lost there aside from some 2 hit combos and keep away.

Also, how do I change the music for stages? I went to the jukebox and chose a playlist but it's like it's only playing in the menu. I wanted to listen to different tracks while training.

So finally got a chance to really get into Tekken 7 over the weekend after finishing Persona 5, and I was really surprised at how bad some QOL stuff is for online on PS4. Are they planning to fix any of this?

Main things that surprised me were incredibly long wait times between ranked matches (like multiple minutes), no rematch in player matches, and punishing everyone if someone that's been eliminated leaves a tournament. The tournament one makes no sense, do they really expect someone that goes 0-2 to sit there and wait for the end of a double elim tourney?

It also felt like syncing took a really long time, and everything just seemed super slow. I don't remember SC5 or TTT2 feeling anywhere near this time consuming between matches.

It was frustrating enough that I'm not sure how much I'd want to play online until they improve it. Am I just being grumpy, or is it pretty bad?

Nah it's actually pretty bad, and it was worse at launch. I've just been playing Treasure Battle with Jin, and practicing other characters when I'm in the mood.

CSX

Just played 5 online matches with Jin

The first 4 matches were all Josie players....

Either everyone loves the crybaby character or that Aris influence is too strong

EDIT : JUst played against 3 more of them in a row....

Either everyone loves the crybaby character or that Aris influence is too strong

I think it's the tig ol' bitties.

Astral

I tried Asuka out in Arcade mode a couple of times and of course forgot how to use her a bit. I froze up during some perfectly good combo starters and pressed random shit a few times during footsies and forgot how to do some moves. I think my biggest mistake was forgetting to use WS attacks after a successful low block. It's pretty hard to get into the groove of things so far.

Ame

I just realized I never redeemed my Eliza code and probably never will. If anyone wants it, pm me. First come first serve.

Edit: It's been claimed

OniBaka

I barely fought any.

On another note I made Vanguard with Kazumi.

I tried Asuka out in Arcade mode a couple of times and of course forgot how to use her a bit. I froze up during some perfectly good combo starters and pressed random shit a few times during footsies and forgot how to do some moves.

Sounds normal, you need the experience against AI or live opponents so muscle memory kicks in.

HeelPower

Josie's orbital
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

AKA the GOAT

Why this move is safe on block is beyond any logical comprehension.

Tekken team is generally good about balancing stuff ,but they still make baffling decisions like this.

Also, why is Katarina`s only homing mid move(a more technical kind of move) -13 when this garbage is safe ?

remz

Are the leaderboards right? Does being in fighter rank really make me rank #6748 ww? That seems too high to me, esp as I'm only in gold in sfv.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Play ranked and player matches and have a great fun time and win some games, and get paired up with those of equal skill

Go to tournament mode and it's the most cheap tactics and I constantly get paired against the highest ranking players, usually with low connection

The salt is real right now.

Bryan's orbital is safe, Lars' orbital is safe, Shaheen's orbital is safe too. It's just a strong tool they like to give folks, and in this case it's one of the things Josie gets in return for losing Bruce's b2.

Tekken 7 is excellent and I am having a lot of fun with it, but is anyone else suffering from literally all of my online matches randomly stopping and stuttering during gameplay even with 4 to 5 bars? It's very distracting and annoying. Is this PSN or the Tekken servers? Seems like the XBox version doesn't do this quite as much, but even that one does it as well. Online is really good when it works, but between the long wait times, lag and disconnects, I think TTT2 had the better netcode even after the Tekken 7 patch.

CSX

aris blaming his donated questions for his demotion got me rolling.

"What do I do after blocking the string? What the hell kind of question is that?!" lmao

Cyanity

Banned
I finally got around to putting a stiffer spring in my stick and it's making a huge difference in my KBD consistency. I'm getting there...

I finally got around to putting a stiffer spring in my stick and it's making a huge difference in my KBD consistency. I'm getting there...

Feel's great doesn't it!

Also, anyone want to play? EAST COAST! Been in queue for about 20 minutes now with no bite.

I am done with this game, tired of waiting 20 minutes for a game. When I do get one, fails to connect to opponent.

Numb

Tekken team is generally good about balancing stuff ,but they still make baffling decisions like this.

Also, why is Katarina`s only homing mid move(a more technical kind of move) -13 when this garbage is safe ?

She didn't inherit b+2 from Bruce so she needed something else that's great
Josie's homing moves are both safe too. Do like i did and play em both.
Katarina brings the damage and Josie has some cheap stuff.

Zyrox

Made it to Vindicator rank. People are starting to get really damn good. I don't think I'm gonna make it much further but I'm fine with this performance given this is the first Tekken I've put some serious time into since T3 basically.

Also funny that the highest ranked player on PSN is a Panda player of all things. I've seen Panda once during my whole time playing online.

Tekken 7 is excellent and I am having a lot of fun with it, but is anyone else suffering from literally all of my online matches randomly stopping and stuttering during gameplay even with 4 to 5 bars? It's very distracting and annoying. Is this PSN or the Tekken servers? Seems like the XBox version doesn't do this quite as much, but even that one does it as well. Online is really good when it works, but between the long wait times, lag and disconnects, I think TTT2 had the better netcode even after the Tekken 7 patch.

I don't know what's up with today but a lot of my matches were hitchy as fuck. Had a match against a Miguel that was literally 1 bar territory (insane lag, occasional freezing), but the thing never dropped lower than 4 bars, it was miserable.

CSX

Made it to Vindicator rank. People are starting to get really damn good. I don't think I'm gonna make it much further but I'm fine with this performance given this is the first Tekken I've put some serious time into since T3 basically.

Also funny that the highest ranked player on PSN is a Panda player of all things. I've seen Panda once during my whole time playing online.

*Checks PC leaderboards*

These names all sound like people who have been playing this for 3 years already. Why am i so surprised? :p

Numb

The highest ranked person out of my 40 friends with Tekken on PS4 is a bear user

giphy.gif

*Checks PC leaderboards*

These names all sound like people who have been playing this for 3 years already. Why am i so surprised? :p

Legacy buff too strong

decisions

How the fuck do I beat Eddy in this game

My Lee falls apart against him, seems infinitely more difficult to handle than nearly everyone else, even Lucky Chloe.

Astral

I'm playing the game on the hardest difficulty to train. I know it's not the same as a human player but it's great for applying my combos and practice blocking. I feel like I'm relying on f+2 too much with Asuka.

KillLaCam

Banned
Just fought 16 King players in a row. I dont understand how or why that just happened...... I don't even see that many Scorpions in Mortal Kombat

Spuck-uk

Banned

It's a 20 something frame move that's death on whiff and has zero tracking whatsoever

Top Bottom