• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 |OT| How I killed your mother

Numb

Josie is the best and with Master Raven we no longer need Mokublockofwoodjin

ayo.gif

Any word yet on more patches or the DLC? It kind of seems like they're dropping the ball on maintaining hype and interest, especially considering the state of the online.

Oh no did I just buy a game with faulty net code? I heard it was pretty good.

It is good
if you're on PC.

PS4 has higher input delay than X1 and PC, and the netcode is way more inconsistent. There should be a patch incoming to fix at least the netcode though.

Astral

It is good
if you're on PC.

PS4 has higher input delay than X1 and PC, and the netcode is way more inconsistent. There should be a patch incoming to fix at least the netcode though.

I'll probably spend at least a week offline before I tackle online anyway so hopefully it's patched by then.

Ferrio

Banned
Anyone seen the player TripleChangerJKD on PC? They have 660 wins but only rank 11. That's gotta be a bot right? They seem to play every hour of the day too. If not, someone should get some sleep.

I was playing some quick random matches online, and as I was waiting for a new opponent I was suddenly kicked to the main menu. Now I've been waiting for over 10 minutes and have yet to find a match.

Has this happened to anyone else?

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
I'll probably spend at least a week offline before I tackle online anyway so hopefully it's patched by then.

Netcodes been 100% for me (UK) but take that with a grain of salt.

that 15 best moves guide looks good. Been playing Dragunov religiously but think ill use it to improve my Lili and maybe even learn lucky Chloe.

Sorry son, gotta agree with him. Always disliked the gimmick characters

ShinMaruku

It's weird cause I looked through some videos on youtube months before T7 came out, and I saw a tutorial series for TTT2 made by Rip and a few others in collaboration with Namco.

Why couldn't they just do the same thing here?
They probably went all in on arcades budget and figured people on console would find out o their own.

It's weird cause I looked through some videos on youtube months before T7 came out, and I saw a tutorial series for TTT2 made by Rip and a few others in collaboration with Namco.

For beginners watching T6 RIP videos is still super helpful, many of the information is still usefull like movement basic stratigies etc. however to make these again takes a ton of time effort. Who has time for it unless your paid to do it?

That they even did it for T6.... wow amazing passion!

Summer DLC
Summer clothing items
Coming during the Summer time

Namco Bandai I swear to god if it's that shit from the arcade left behind for you to sell to us...

AAK

Summer DLC
Summer clothing items
Coming during the Summer time

Namco Bandai I swear to god if it's that shit from the arcade left behind for you to sell to us...

After 90% of all the items are just recycles from TTT2 what makes you think the DLC won't be stuff yet to be recycled from the arcade version?

Well, it'll be that + the story mode outfits for Nina/Jack too I presume.

So technically, they won't be legitimate DLC, just content that will be unlocked that's already on the disc.

Dante83

Banned
How is the PS4 netcode so bad? Is it a PSN thing or namco could not optimize properly? XB1 and PC runs smoother online. I am on PS4 Pro, and the online is just vomit inducing. I have stopped playing online.

Get used to watching Aris' bearded face teach you how to play the game cause he's the closest thing to a tutorial for this game.

The game tells you literally nothing. Not how to break throws, not which buttons work how, not how to sidestep, zilch.

On the plus side I really enjoy Aris' commentary and banter so it's been a positive experience for me

But yeah as a total noob I really wonder why Namco didn't bother putting any tutorial in whatsoever. Don't even need anything comprehensive just a run down on the basics, maybe actually make you do the combos in practice mode and give you fight money for doing them 3 times in a row or whatever. I'm no expert on game design but it seems something like that could have been added with a day or two of programming

I've been playing for two weeks now and have only just discovered the record function in practice mode, so I can practice defending / counter hitting various moves. It's really handy, two or three text prompts could have gotten me a lot sooner lol

Law, Asuka(punch parries), and Eddy...I despise eddy. Also that moment when you realize you can block lows by just pressing down and not down back....wtf have I been doing with my life

Onemic

Funny enough, they did/were supposed to. TMM was supposed to do the videos and I remember him saying maybe a few days after T7 released that he had already sent all the videos to Namco and was just waiting on them to release it. I dunno what they're doing sitting on those videos.

Astral

Aris is telling me to not ignore frame data. Sigh. I've always been hesitant about going to deep into frame data. I usually find out what moves beat what through experience but I never really know the exact frame difference between the moves is. Same with picking a safe move vs an unsafe move. I just know an unsafe move is unsafe but i don't know how negative it is.

maomaoIYP

After 90% of all the items are just recycles from TTT2 what makes you think the DLC won't be stuff yet to be recycled from the arcade version?

So technically, they won't be legitimate DLC, just content that will be unlocked that's already on the disc.

The thing that annoys me about this is that the AI already has access to a lot of these items in treasure battle. Pretty much guarantees that these will be "DLC" for players.

Aris is telling me to not ignore frame data. Sigh. I've always been hesitant about going to deep into frame data. I usually find out what moves beat what through experience but I never really know the exact frame difference between the moves is. Same with picking a safe move vs an unsafe move. I just know an unsafe move is unsafe but i don't know how negative it is.

You can simplify it. Characters generally have 10 frame (jab) and 12 frame punishers. Strings ending in mids are frequently -12 on block unless they have clearly duckable hits. Basic launchers are also -12 to -14 on block most of the time.

Anything above -15 will be launch punishable. Most often these moves will include big lows, particularly those that lead to a full juggle.

There are lots of exceptions obviously, but moves in Tekken tend to follow observable patterns.

novaGT

Neo Member
Anyone seen the player TripleChangerJKD on PC? They have 660 wins but only rank 11. That's gotta be a bot right? They seem to play every hour of the day too. If not, someone should get some sleep.

Seen... But never able to connect to him

Why is is that so many people online gravitate to the most gaudy custom available?
Is it really in an attempt to distract the opposition work loads on particles, water, flashed
I hate this more than the dropped connections and rage quits

novaGT

Neo Member
Hwoarang. I can for the live of me not foresee his kicks, and his highs get me every time.

How do you all deal with Gigas
One mistake and 70% of my health gone
I sometimes feel this way against Paul as well

Josie has some insane guessing games as well

Nuszka

So I played maybe 30ish ranked games last night and 6 fights this morning on PS4 EU , either there are more players or they are doing something on their side, as I haven't had any issues whatsoever , one connection wasn't tag2 good , rest was as good as best in tag2 , matchmaking between fights was about 30ish seconds , haven't played the same person even once.

Astral

Played a lot longer than I wanted to tonight but I'm getting used to the controls and mechanics and shit in practice mode. I was using Asuka and I think I've more or less discovered her bnb. At the very least I know a great combo to use after a launcher. FF2,3 -> 2,1,1+2 -> FF2,1. Forgive me if I got the annotations wrong. What was pissing me off is that I would more than half the time do f2 instead of FF2 after the launch. Any tips on how to fix this? It was infuriating. Also I was looking at my trophy list and got a power crush trophy and a screw trophy. No idea what Asuka's power crush even is and idk what the hell a screw is.

Ferrio

Banned
What was pissing me off is that I would more than half the time do f2 instead of FF2 after the launch. Any tips on how to fix this? It was infuriating.

You're probably doing the first F too quickly. If you do the motion too early before you've recovered the input gets tossed and you'll only come out with f2. Delay it a bit and do ff and hold the second forward as you hit 2.

edit: Enable recovery animation in training, you can actually see when you recover control.

Astral

You're probably doing the first F too quickly. If you do the motion too early before you've recovered the input gets tossed and you'll only come out with f2. Delay it a bit and do ff and hold the second forward as you hit 2.

edit: Enable recovery animation in training, you can actually see when you recover control.

I actually started doing that at the end of my session and it seemed to do the trick. However, the problem then became dropping the combo completely because they were too close to the ground by the time I hit them with the FF2, so the 3 whiffs. I guess that's just a matter of practicing the timing. I'll definitely turn on the recovery next time. I also should practice some wall stuff.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Seen... But never able to connect to him

Why is is that so many people online gravitate to the most gaudy custom available?
Is it really in an attempt to distract the opposition work loads on particles, water, flashed
I hate this more than the dropped connections and rage quits

Because it's fun to make gaudy, loud stuff.

Keihart

Yeah I didn't even know how to grab even. Are there back grabs? Side grabs? How do you block? Just hold back? Wtf is rage? I saw something that looked kind of like a tutorial in a story mode video.

oh and theres secret commands! that are not on the list that the game provides ....

I guess I was hopeful. I'd love for NB to not do something ridiculous with their DLC but man, almost every game has something silly in it.

Astral

So does this game not show you frame data or can I just not find it? I really liked that about DoA. I barely used it but it was a nice option. Now that I actually wanna look into it more I guess I have to go online?

Hyun Sai

So does this game not show you frame data or can I just not find it? I really liked that about DoA. I barely used it but it was a nice option. Now that I actually wanna look into it more I guess I have to go online?

No frame data, unfortunately. Internet it is. This is bullshit (whatever the game), because all the justification of "discovery" or whatever is moot (as it's available elsewhere), it's only a waste of time.

There is an app you can download to your phone that shows all the frame data. I know some people always want that info "in-game" and I totally understand that view it's a legitimate view.

However for me personally I like having it on a second screen.

Means I can enjoy the game in anther aspect when I'm not in front of the console. Traveling or just when ever can pull it up and think about new set-ups etc.

I dont mind having a second screen while i play, i always have my cell phone on me anyway.

Top Bottom