• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 |OT| How I killed your mother

Astral

Ok how the fuck do you fight Eddy. I'm fighting a scrub but I just don't see any openings. I literally blocked for 30 seconds straight just watching him do mids and highs. Then he did some leg grab thing.

Ok how the fuck do you fight Eddy. I'm fighting a scrub but I just don't see any openings. I literally blocked for 30 seconds straight just watching him do mids and highs. Then he did some leg grab thing.
Against low level Eddies backing off (backdash repeatedly) and then whiff punish works well. Doesn't seem to matter to them if you're right in front of them or far away, they always press buttons.

Just now realized that PS4 doesn't accept my old PS3-Dualshock / Sixaxis controller. Been getting a lot of wrong inputs with DS4 so tried to connect those. Didn't have these issues with T6 or Tekken Revolutions.
Combined with the lag and playing online T7 feels extremely frustrating at times.

Especially reversals and parrys feel more like guesswork than reacting. In T3 I used to react on that shit in VS mode and destroy opponents without throwing a single punch. Now I can barely parry a dragon's tail or snake edge.

Spuck-uk

Banned
DerZuhälter;242468599 said:
Just now realized that PS4 doesn't accept my old PS3-Dualshock / Sixaxis controller. Been getting a lot of wrong inputs with DS4 so tried to connect those. Didn't have these issues with T6 or Tekken Revolutions.
Combined with the lag and playing only T7 feels extremely frustrating at times.

Especially reversals and parrys feel more like guesswork than reacting. In T3 I used to react on that shit in VS mode and destroy opponents without throwing a single punch. Now I can barely parry a dragon's tail or snake edge.

You shouldnt be parrying dragontail and snake edge anyway, you should be blocking and punishing for far more damage.

Standing parries have always been really situational in Tekken

IbukiLordSA

Any PC guys here able to tell me if this below PC can run T7? I am looking to move over to PC for T7 and can get this machine for a really good price.

intel dh87rl
Intel i5 4670S
8gb DDR5
MSI gtx 960 2gb
250gb SSD
Windows 10

Any PC guys here able to tell me if this below PC can run T7? I am looking to move over to PC for T7 and can get this machine for a really good price.

intel dh87rl
Intel i5 4670S
8gb DDR5
MSI gtx 960 2gb
250gb SSD
Windows 10
From Steam page:
MINIMUM:
Processor: Intel Core i3-4160 @ 3.60GHz or equivalent
Memory: 6 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB, GTX 750Ti 2GB, or equivalent
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 60 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX compatible soundcard or onboard chipset
It seems it might, no idea how 2GB graphics card handles it

I understand why Steam makes it difficult to message someone unless they're on your friends list and most of the time I appreciate it, but sometimes I wish it was easier. Just had played a grandmaster Xiaoyu and they were low parrying my Dragunov like they were ten ranks higher than they were. It was really impressive, and I wanted to give them props for it but their entire profile was private.

I definitely feel like I've hit a wall rank wise. I've gotten 5 different characters around fighter/vanguard but just can't stay consistent enough to move over into yellow. I've hit my ceiling and I'm totally fine with it, it is very rare that I have a match in this game where I don't understand what I did wrong. I just have to figure out what the block holding me back is and move past it.

intel dh87rl
Intel i5 4670S
8gb DDR5
MSI gtx 960 2gb
250gb SSD
Windows 10
Works well on my i5 with 2GB GTX660 with medium settings. Stable 60fps. So you're set.

NEO0MJ

intel dh87rl
Intel i5 4670S
8gb DDR5
MSI gtx 960 2gb
250gb SSD
Windows 10

It should handle it, but don't expect to max it at 1080p.
How much are you paying for that PC?

From Steam page:

It seems it might, no idea how 2GB graphics card handles it

My laptop had a 2GB card and could run it (though everything other than texture was at the lowest possible setting) at 60 FPS, except for the snow stage.

ShinMaruku

Her move set is really fun. Even if she is missing bruce's best move.

I'm trying to stick with Asuka till I actually get at least decent at the game but there are a few characters that are tempting me to switch. I'm already looking at Jin and Lucky Chloe. Maybe Josie too.

That sounds like it'll drive me nuts.

I am rocking Asuka,Josie,Eliza AND Jin/Lili. It's something else. But they are fun. Espeically Josie, she great!
d54fc8be4af7ca01ee4f25f1c14647cf-d8q6u8m.jpg

Yea, I'm going to trade this back in. I regret buying it but that's all on me. I realize now that I don't have the patience to go out of game just to be able to learn it at enough of a level to be able to enjoying playing casuals.

There's some shitty story mode but not even a basic tutorial mode. Mind boggling.

mooncakes

I am the worst Tekken player ever. I have like a 20% win on ranked matches.

I think I need to stop playing Guilty Gear a bit to improve. I sometimes think this game has pushblock, airdashes and stuff.

DSix

Banned
So how do you all feel about the game one month later?

In terms of gameplay, it's up there along with Tekken 5. The tradition of amazing odd-numbered Tekken games continues.

In terms of online and QoL, it's a huge step down from TTT2.
I can't understand how they could've messed it up like that after so much time and the best online ever that was TTT2.

In terms of gameplay, it's up there along with Tekken 5. The tradition of amazing odd-numbered Tekken games continues.

In terms of online and QoL, it's a huge step down from TTT2.
I can't understand how they could've messed it up like that after so much time and the best online ever that was TTT2.
It's because FilthieRich isn't there anymore.

Negaduck

I'm having so much fun with this game. It's brought a tekken love back I haven't felt in years. This is some damn good tekken

IbukiLordSA

Thanks for the reply guys. Got the PC tonight with T7 super happy with it and the performance.

It should handle it, but don't expect to max it at 1080p.
How much are you paying for that PC

I paid R4500 which is a bargain in South Africa. I think it's like $340 or something, too compare a normal PS4 slim is R5600 and a Pro is R7700 here.

CSX

Thanks for the reply guys. Got the PC tonight with T7 super happy with it and the performance.

I paid R4500 which is a bargain in South Africa. I think it's like $340 or something, too compare a normal PS4 slim is R5600 and a Pro is R7700 here.

make sure you try the ultimate stresstest of kuma vs panda in kinder stage. That fur tech is the most demanding in this game. If it stays at 60fps, you're good to go :)

m0t0k1

intel dh87rl
Intel i5 4670S
8gb DDR5
MSI gtx 960 2gb
250gb SSD
Windows 10

I run this game way below minimum requirements lol.
Intel q9550
4ggb ddr2
msi gtx460 1gb vram
1tb HDD
Windows 7

At 60fps on 720p everything set to low. Except for textures on medium and rendering scale to 90. It can run higher in sp mode or in mp but then the game dips to 56 a 57 fps during some effects so i set the specs a bit lower and it stays above 60fps during fights. So i am 99% certain that will run it perfectly if you are fine with some lower end specs probably can run at least 1080p on medium.

TaterTots

Banned
I think its time to quit Tekken 7 on PC for myself. I'm on a 20 game losing streak. Everyone that is the same rank or has around the same wins as me declines the match. I've been playing people WAY higher ranked than me and its no longer fun. I don't understand why you wouldn't want to play with someone around the same skill.

Watched Aris try to break King's figure four. The break is them rolling over and reversing the pressure on the hold (like how they do in wrestling), and King actually taps. I love that.

Doomshine

Yeah I don't know what he means by that, he added this:

It was equivalent to the original arcade. However, we have implemented measures for core users this time. If this can not be experienced, it is better to doubt its own monitor environment and sensitivity before the numerical value.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sq0iko

So something is being done to PS4 input lag, I guess we'll have to wait and see exactly what that is.

Tier lists are always interesting, and they make watching top level play even more interesting, but they really shouldn't guide your gameplay unless you're placing in large local tournaments.

LegendX48

Just hit 2nd dan in ranked mode.

Man, I'm so jittery and shaky, can never keep calm in ranked lol That and combos I can do offline are hard to land online.

Astral

I'm finally more comfortable with Asuka and started trying out other characters. I tried Lucky Chloe, Jin, and Xiaoyu and just kind messed around with them in practice mode. Lucky Chloe is out of the question though. I didn't like her. How much do I need to use wave dash lightning stuff mid combo with Jin? I was looking at his sample combos and tried to do them but fuck was it annoying. As for Xiaoyu, I'm just not sure where to start with her. She seems kinda complicated.

sasuke_91

Noodall's input latency tests were all done using sticks. The Tweet is explicitly referring to wired pads. Does that mean using wired pads had even more input lag compared to the sticks and the patch will make them at parity? The specificity in the messaging makes me feel like I shouldn't be celebrating yet.

That's probably just some PR reason they came up with. Saying "we're working on the input latency for wired pads" is better than saying "we're working on the input lag because of bad optimization" I guess.

Tier lists are always interesting, and they make watching top level play even more interesting, but they really shouldn't guide your gameplay unless you're placing in large local tournaments.

Also note that Lucky Chloe is placed C tier on every tier list but comes up three times for "character recommendation".

It's the fucking 4th of July and it's taking me 5 minutes to find a ranked match with my Lucky Chloe in 3rd Dan? Fuck the PS4 lol.

It takes 1-2 minutes for me to find a match normally. Rarely more than that. Maybe it's different in Germany.

Top Bottom