• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 |OT| How I killed your mother

Kashiwaba

Playing on console I take it? If you have a PC I highly recommend it.

I don't have a PC that can handle the game sadly and that's not an excuse for them they basically screwed up the majority of their fanbase since PS4 version is probably the highest selling version by far. If i didn't get this game digital i would have traded it long time ago sigh.

Horrible input lag, way too many and too long loading screens and the worst thing online is still not working it takes so long to find one match.

My goodness. It's been a bit hotter today and now I realized that the DS4 DPad is absolute garbage. Slippery as fuck. I can't do qcf half of the time. The textured dpad on the DS3 was way superior.

I hate this PS4 version. I've never lost so many games in my life where surrounding factors were to blame.

Astral

Practice until you can get it 10/10 p1 and p2 sides in training mode.

Then practice in cpu modes until you can get it in actual matches.

It's not 100% necessary to know for him like it is Kazuya, and you'd be better off learning what you can punish and proper movement first imo. Theres a shitload of online Kazuyas stuck in green ranks because they have amazing EWGF and no other skill.

I kinda gave up on it after a certain point last night and relied mostly on his stance. I can probably play him decently without it but it definitely has its uses like for pressure and certain combos. That +5 or so on block and pushback is very appealing.

I don't have a PC that can handle the game sadly and that's not an excuse for them they basically screwed up the majority of their fanbase since PS4 version is probably the highest selling version by far. If i didn't get this game digital i would have traded it long time ago sigh.

Oh for sure, that's understandable. I was just wondering.

The PC version with a good SSD makes the load times bearable, and netplay is fine on PC, but yeah the input lag can be a bit of an issue, especially when it's more on PS4 from my understanding.

Pompadour

So the online on the PS4 version is still garbage? I buy all fighting games digitally now and this game is starting to make me regret this strategy. The PC version of fighting games is historically the version that's fucked up so I figured I was safe.

Red Fire

The trick is to press 1 (or 2) the moment you press down. So while doing the circle motion you press punch and down simultaneously.

f d+1 (or d+2) d/f f

Edit: Oops quoted wrong person sorry

So...no patch for North America PS4 yet, dammit.

So when characters get launched into a juggle, is this mostly because a CH was landed?

Sometimes, every characters have a few attacks that launch if they hit. While others have moves that launch on CH only. Depends on the character

Astral

The trick is to press 1 (or 2) the moment you press down. So while doing the circle motion you press punch and down simultaneously.

f d+1 (or d+2) d/f f

I think you quoted the wrong person lol. I've tried the d+2 trick and it worked a few times, but more often that not I would do a straight d+2 punch. I guess it's because I'm messing up the d/f.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Is Eliza out to buy? I thought they said 30 days after launch, I don't see her on Steam.

Red Fire

I think you quoted the wrong person lol. I've tried the d+2 trick and it worked a few times, but more often that not I would do a straight d+2 punch. I guess it's because I'm messing up the d/f.

Oops sorry i meant to quote you haha

Yeah you have to kinda do it in one flow, one motion. First you should train to do it normally without the lightning. When you got the flow you need to train the timing, as i said the moment you press down.

I used to get frustrated timing it righr but when i read this little trick i immediately figured it out

Flowmoney

The color changes is ridiculous , they should have just created a way to restrict colors on Dragunov's costume or just out right removed it.

I mean they can take time to re implement it later. Its weird having blacks and dark colors like even dark brown to turn to grey and there is nothing that you can do about it.

MrCarter

So the online on the PS4 version is still garbage? I buy all fighting games digitally now and this game is starting to make me regret this strategy. The PC version of fighting games is historically the version that's fucked up so I figured I was safe.

https://twitter.com/noodalls/status/882568216588963840

The patch shaves off 7 ms of input lag on the PS4. That's like 0.4 frames.

Even after the patch, Tekken 7 is still the fighting game with the worst amount of input delay out in the market today.

They need to take away Harada's twitter lol.

Numb

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Maybe i should pick up Eliza

t5QjRZO.gif

MUnited83

For you.
Asuka reversal spammers are great. Yeah just keep using it and giving me free windows to attack and never adapt to the fact it isn't working and just keep using it for the entire duration of the match lmao

sasuke_91

The latest patch improved matchmaking tremendously! I get matches at a really fast pace and synching is also a log faster.
Too bad the input lag is still so high. Hopefully it can be lowered in the future.

Asuka reversal spammers are great. Yeah just keep using it and giving me free windows to attack and never adapt to the fact it isn't working and just keep using it for the entire duration of the match lmao

I just learned about chickens today.

Since I'm not Tekken God Prime (tm), what are good Asuka reversal counters other than grabs?

Since I'm not Tekken God Prime (tm), what are good Asuka reversal counters other than grabs?

If you have a low combo starter like Snake Edge, it's a pretty easy opportunity because a lot of them like to hold it. She also doesn't counter elbows and knees. Heihachi can also headbutt her.

7ms change will effect you more or less depending on your set up.

Please remember you need to stack your game delay, with your monitor, with your controller to get your actual delay.

The PC version of fighting games is historically the version that's fucked up so I figured I was safe.

I was pretty sure this was going to be the case.

Hardcore players who are invested in the PS4 online paywall and bought the game digitally are between a rock and hard place if they are considering going PC for this game. Hopefully the PS4 online and Quality of Life improvements come, but historically what are the odds of it improving to a satisfactory level?

Hutchie

Matching on ps4 keeps on dropping...it did save from losing to a terrible nina though. Am up to 3rd dan so may stay offline till i can have a good training session. Despite the lag contraversy i love this game

Swarna

The PC version of fighting games is historically the version that's fucked up so I figured I was safe.

Can't think of any PC versions that were worse outside of non releases/support and USF4's initial online API transition to steamworks. Most (if not all) have always been best.

MUnited83

For you.

I'm no means good at the game, barely decent even eheh.

It's hard to describe but the reversal only reverses the most basic moves. Go on practice against Asuka and you can see which ones from your chosen character will work. I use Lili and there's at least 3 pretty easy to do launcher combos that can't be reversed by it so it's pretty easy to defeat a Asuka spammer with it.

Top Bottom