• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 |OT| How I killed your mother

Shit, looks like I'll be saving up for a plane ticket then! :( Haha.

I thought Injustice was region free, Tekken is too isn't it? Come on you know you wanna play some laggy sets with me!!
The problem isn't a region lock, it's the connection. Any data packets between us will most likely travel from the US to Europe to the Middle East then to me. Definitely gonna be laggy to the point where trying games like Tekken and SF isn't even worth trying.

Maybe IJ2 though! I believe we're both friends on PSN? If I see you online then I'll message you.

sinkfla87

The problem isn't a region lock, it's the connection. Any data packets between us will most likely travel from the US to Europe to the Middle East then to me. Definitely gonna be laggy to the point where trying games like Tekken and SF isn't even worth trying.

Maybe IJ2 though! I believe we're both friends on PSN? If I see you online then I'll message you.

Yeah I figured that would probably be a hindrance. :(

I can always throw out an attack and then come on GAF to let you know what move I did and then when it's on your screen 2 minutes later, you can react accordingly and this is how I will train for Evo next year! Just kidding lol.

I think we are but I'm not positive, my PSN is just SinkFla. What's yours again? It would be interesting to see how the connection holds with NRS netcode haha.

Yeah I figured that would probably be a hindrance. :(

I can always throw out an attack and then come on GAF to let you know what move I did and then when it's on your screen 2 minutes later, you can react accordingly and this is how I will train for Evo next year! Just kidding lol.

I think we are but I'm not positive, my PSN is just SinkFla. What's yours again? It would be interesting to see how the connection holds with NRS netcode haha.
Like yours, it's my GAF username minus the numbers at the end.

Though I fear we might not get a chance any time soon as I'll have to refrain from playing (fighting games) online for almost a month. Gonna have to move my setup to Wi-Fi to accommodate guests so I can't play online without feeling like a big asshole and I'll be busy in the next few days too

Astral

I really love how characters speak their native language, except maybe Xiao who speaks Japanese despite being Chinese but I'm guessing it's because she lives in or went to school in Japan? Oh and Lili. Didn't she speak English in the previous games? Now it sounds like she's speaking some kind of broken Japanese.

sinkfla87

Like yours, it's my GAF username minus the numbers at the end.

Though I fear we might not get a chance any time soon as I'll have to refrain from playing (fighting games) online for almost a month. Gonna have to move my setup to Wi-Fi to accommodate guests so I can't play online without feeling like a big asshole and I'll be busy in the next few days too

Just checked and yes, we're friends on PSN lol. It's no problem man I understand! I got busy times ahead of me as well. You mean feel like an asshole to your guests or because you're playing on WiFi? Haha.

I promise I would never, ever play on WiFi...
lemme go plug my lan cable in. :(

So what GG character would everyone be okay with getting in T7?

MUnited83

For you.
I really love how characters speak their native language, except maybe Xiao who speaks Japanese despite being Chinese but I'm guessing it's because she lives in or went to school in Japan? Oh and Lili. Didn't she speak English in the previous games? Now it sounds like she's speaking some kind of broken Japanese.

LMAO. French=Broken japanese now :p
Lili spoke French in Tag Tournament 2 as well.

Lili's from Monaco. So she speaks French.

Question for Lili players. I'm currently still coming to grips with Tekken (it's my first) so naturally for now I'm just treating it as a 2D game where I only sidestep stuff that can't be dealt with too reliably (like Devil Jin's shenanigans). Is it worth it right now for me to learn Lili when I'm still not entirely comfortable with sidestepping? Everywhere I've read says that Lili has the best sidestep in the game so will I just be using the character ineffectually?
So what GG character would everyone be okay with getting in T7?
Potemkin.

Else if we're talking BlazBlue, then Litchi Faye-Ling.

Astral

Question for Lili players. I'm currently still coming to grips with Tekken (it's my first) so naturally for now I'm just treating it as a 2D game where I only sidestep stuff that can't be dealt with too reliably (like Devil Jin's shenanigans). Is it worth it right now for me to learn Lili when I'm still not entirely comfortable with sidestepping? Everywhere I've read says that Lili has the best sidestep in the game so will I just be using the character ineffectually?Potemkin.

Else if we're talking BlazBlue, then Litchi Faye-Ling.

Litchi has her staff though. Wouldn't it be someone who's more purely hand to hand? Maybe Azrael or something. Potemkin is a good one for GG. Maybe Jam too.

Question for Lili players. I'm currently still coming to grips with Tekken (it's my first) so naturally for now I'm just treating it as a 2D game where I only sidestep stuff that can't be dealt with too reliably (like Devil Jin's shenanigans). Is it worth it right now for me to learn Lili when I'm still not entirely comfortable with sidestepping? Everywhere I've read says that Lili has the best sidestep in the game so will I just be using the character ineffectually?

If you're newish, you shouldn't be worrying about whether you're using a character to their full 100%.

Lili is a great beginner character. If you like her you should play her.

If you're newish, you shouldn't be worrying about whether you're using a character to their full 100%.

Lili is a great beginner character. If you like her you should play her.
Oh you're probably right. Been playing with Katarina but I just feel like she has some holes in her punishment tools that start to irk me when I fight some of the more skilled players. Lili looks cool so I'm just gonna try to learn her next I think.

Probably gonna come down to Lars and Lili. Lars has a cooler moveset but Lili ... speaks French so I honestly can't decide right now.

EDIT: Gotta do something about his stupid hair though. This might be the first time ever for me that a character's look is effecting the way I play.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Can't seem to trigger a Devil Kazumi fight in arcade or treasure battle. I've played both for hours and hours, never seen her. Last trophy I need.

Rajang

Played 10 games on PS4 after the patch. Matchmaking is really fast for me. It takes around 4 to 15 seconds (I actually timed it). My search options are quite strict as well: Rank restrictions set to ±2 only and connection quality is set to 5 bar only.

I completely ignored the PS4 version after I got the platinum and started to play exclusively on PC because of the lower input lag, way faster load times, faster matchmaking and online. But after the patch I'll definitely play more on PS4 as well. Shame they couldn't get the input lag as low as the Xbox One version.

The load times still suck compared to PC though.

Connection quality will always be better on PC as well because console users love using wifi, you rarely ever see that on PC obviously. Most folks on PC are wired.

Isn't the input lag near identical between PC/PS4 when v-synced?

If PC has the same input lag as X1 with vsync on then it's about 0.5-0.6 frames more lag based on Noodalls results

From what I understand Xbox One version is 6.2, PS4 after the patch is 6.8. Not sure how accurate the numbers are by Noodalls.

I don't think anyone has tested the PC version yet.

Doomshine

The latest patch improved matchmaking tremendously!

I played a little earlier today and man, you were not kidding, it was less than 10 seconds at times. On top of that the quality of the connections was good, but I don't know if the patch had anything to do with that.

Oh you're probably right. Been playing with Katarina but I just feel like she has some holes in her punishment tools that start to irk me when I fight some of the more skilled players. Lili looks cool so I'm just gonna try to learn her next I think.

Probably gonna come down to Lars and Lili. Lars has a cooler moveset but Lili ... speaks French so I honestly can't decide right now.

EDIT: Gotta do something about his stupid hair though. This might be the first time ever for me that a character's look is effecting the way I play.

This is my first Tekken game and i've been only been using Lili, she has some really cool tools and was pretty noob friendly to learn for me at least ^^.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
If it's like the Akuma trophy, I just played arcade until I got him. Maybe works for Kazumi R2 in Arcade?

It's supposed to happen in both arcade and treasure battle, but I've never seen her outside of the story mode fight. I've played arcade mode about 20 times over the last 2 days, end up with Akuma every time. I've played enough treasure battle fights to get my Lucky Chloe up to juggernaut, and not once have I gotten a chance to fight her.

I'm not really a trophy guy (this would be my first platinum), but it's frustrating to be missing a single one that relies on a random encounter.

Played a lot of Treasure Battle mode with Katarina and Kazumi.

With katarina, I almost ALWAYS ran into Devil kazumi with the occasional mixup by Devil Kazuya.

With Kazumi, it was a crapshoot. Sometimes I got pissed Heihachi, sometimes I got Devil kazumi, sometimes I got Devil Kazuya and a lot of times, Jin.

People say Claudio is beginner friendly but I don't caaaare.

I love his design, the superman punch, the hopkick, etc.

Just wish he had more counterhit launchers, and some faster low pokes, but eh I make it work.

The finger gun during Down 3 is just too good as well.

Doomshine

It's supposed to happen in both arcade and treasure battle, but I've never seen her outside of the story mode fight. I've played arcade mode about 20 times over the last 2 days, end up with Akuma every time. I've played enough treasure battle fights to get my Lucky Chloe up to juggernaut, and not once have I gotten a chance to fight her.

I'm not really a trophy guy (this would be my first platinum), but it's frustrating to be missing a single one that relies on a random encounter.

It was the other way around for me, got Devil Kazumi a lot, sometimes Jin or Heihachi, but never Akuma. Eventually I ran into him in Treasure Battle.

Is it bad I want a Ninja Turtle guest character?

I honestly want Namco to do a licensed 3D fighting game with the Tekken engine.
attachment.php

maomaoIYP

Try to press the Y/Triangle button when you are on top of the desired color in the customization. It should allow you to modify the color in more depth. You can make grays appear more black and you should be able to make the color brown for hair, etc.
That was already what I was using to begin with. The old default black was never black enough.

Astral

I got to Vindicator rank offline with Jin today. I still can't use his electrics consistently. I might just give up on it. It's getting me killed.

Matchmaking has been great for me since the patch. 20 secs between connections and most sync. Only problem left with online is the connection bars lying.

CSX

I got to Vindicator rank offline with Jin today. I still can't use his electrics consistently. I might just give up on it. It's getting me killed.

learn to use his other tools such as hopkick, ff3 , delay strings, mental alertness, etc. He doesnt rely on his electrics as much as the other mishimas. Nevertheless, it's still a great move.

Astral

learn to use his other tools such as hopkick, ff3 , delay strings, mental alertness, etc. He doesnt rely on his electrics as much as the other mishimas. Nevertheless, it's still a great move.

I'm a bit ok doing it as a starter, but I too often drop my combo when I attempt to use it in a juggle, so I'm just not gonna do that anymore. Some damage is better than no damage.

Perineum

Potemkin would be sick as fuck if we got him.

Slayer is also a great alternate, and would work well with this game's mechanics.

----

Trying to learn Josie in practice. She seems to get a LOT of damage for nothing, easy combos, tons of counter hit set ups, and just all in all has a great tool set.

I have struggled hard to win with Dragunov sadly. Got his combos, pokes, mix ups, etc down but he's just maybe too honest of a character in my hands. I need more bull shit to succeed lol.

CSX

I'm a bit ok doing it as a starter, but I too often drop my combo when I attempt to use it in a juggle, so I'm just not gonna do that anymore. Some damage is better than no damage.

his staple combos dont really use electrics though so you're in the clear :p

Unless you're going for style points of course

IbukiLordSA

PC players will a GTX 1050 OC 2GB card be sufficient for this?

I am currently running an MSI GTX 960 2gb. I have no clue if higher numbers mean better card and what not :p

CSX

PC players will a GTX 1050 OC 2GB card be sufficient for this?

I am currently running an MSI GTX 960 2gb. I have no clue if higher numbers mean better card and what not :p

if you're fine with low-medium graphic settings, your 960 should do the trick.

my friend plays on his laptop with the 960 mobile chip which is a lot weaker than the standard 960. Set everything to low and never dropped below 60fps.

Go to the Tekken 7 performance thread to see other people's pc specs and see how they're running it

Top Bottom