• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 |OT| How I killed your mother

sasuke_91

I don't really see the point in arguing over this. I don't see them removing BDC anytime soon and people losing their head over 3 seconds of backdashing in a tournament match baffles my mind.

Easier than pressing db? wow that is easy. It is even possible to be easier than pressing db in the super easy tekken backdash, I can't believe it wow
Back dash is bb buddy. I feel like you've never played a fighting game in your life.
I don't really see the point in arguing over this. I don't see them removing BDC anytime soon and people losing their head over 3 seconds of backdashing in a tournament match baffles my mind.
People would much rather they be just holding back the whole time. Maybe we should just add a backrun instead.

LowParry

The real question is, will we get an easier input on wave dashing. :D

Nuszka

Dumbest idea ever, removing bdc, maybe make the likes of pEwgf or taunt to jet upper one button combination. This is a thing that separates people who commit to scrubs who want auto aim in every game.
Manual skill in fighting games was always important. I can't even imagine how people would feel if 3rd strike would release now. This is why we can't get a new VF game. To many scrubs around thinking that in fighting games reads and knowledge are way more important then manual skill. They are both equal imo.
Last night i played a Paul mirror match with a usurper who complimented me on my bdc, and asked me what I'm using(ds4 btw), felt good that some work gets appreciated, now this guy wants to play player matches and invited me to a party chat for pointers.

Spuck-uk

Banned
So you appreciate the masterful use of spacing and whiff punishing that some of the best players in the world do, but you want them to remove one of the primary tools that makes that level of spacing and whiff baiting possible?

*insert hmm emoji here*

Yeah he's just proposing it be simplified, which IMO isn't a bad idea at all, considering top players are getting carpal tunnel.

I don't see it happening any time soon, loads of older players would spit the dummy about a big change like that.

Yeah he's just proposing it be simplified, which IMO isn't a bad idea at all, considering top players are getting carpal tunnel.

I don't see it happening any time soon, loads of older players would spit the dummy about a big change like that.

When the game is causing actual physical harm to it's players, it might be time for a change.

The legacy skins is the root of the cost with your request. A DLC pack with unique skins of each Tekken 2 character would be around 20 costumes taking away characters like Kuma/Alex/Angel/Roger will be hella expensive. Just look at the pricing schemes of costumes in SFV and DOA5 to see how much publishers will price the thing. The Season Pass cost will not cover that.
I didn't think new skins would be an issue since skins are already part of the deal. Of course they're probably already made but still... Seems cheaper than making a whole new mode with Bowling.

Edited out some of the snark towards the devs lol. (I just don't really care for most of the customization items that made it in over anything better)

Pressing db is super hard? Okay.
To all you guys crying about BDCing just Stair Step until you are good enough. Stair Stepping is cancelling a backdash with a sidestep. Way easier to do but less economical and effective.
Input is bb d bb d...
lol, I cry about BDC, because I could Light Dash before I screwed my hand up. What is light dash? 6 or more Wavedashes per second baby. Sigh, I actually do miss it to be honest... I guess I should preach to the kids to KDC responsibly instead of wanting it out.

I was once fast like you, but then I took an arrow to the wrist.

CSX

https://youtu.be/UNuYyZzjJ0c

My Drag vs Hwoarang. Need to get into lab and practice max range of Drag's running 2 and qcf3. I whiffed so many of these. Very fortunate that Hwo player was hesistant to whiff punish with b3. Only did it once or twice

My Warrior rank is such a fraud lol

EDIT : oh wow this thread is in community now? Kinda weird having two Tekken related OTs in the same section lol

Ame

You're no fraud. I've see some serious frauds at these ranks in the last couple of days. Some of these players didn't have any sort of juggling ability, would spam attacks, especially in moments of desperation, got my first rage quit since launch and the occasional random rage art. Still scratching my on how some of these people are at Fighter or Warrior rank.

Good matches with that Hwoarang player though.

Numb

https://youtu.be/UNuYyZzjJ0c

My Drag vs Hwoarang. Need to get into lab and practice max range of Drag's running 2 and qcf3. I whiffed so many of these. Very fortunate that Hwo player was hesistant to whiff punish with b3. Only did it once or twice

EDIT : oh wow this thread is in community now? Kinda weird having two Tekken related OTs in the same section lol
I know my real ability is green so i'm making it home here

MechaX

I mean, I hope they don't take out the BDC, as that gives me something more to aspire to in the game. It is still hard as hell to learn for me though.

And after a salt session with SFV, I jumped over to my girl Katarina and win or lose, I was still getting hyped in some of these matches and I am not full tilt anymore. I think I need to delve into this game a bit deeper. It's... definitely scratching a VF itch, I can tell you.

F U N D O S H I B O Y Z (source)
DFtdz09U0AE4ijW.jpg:large

DFtdzdRVwAA0ro7.jpg:large

DFtdzexVYAEg6FJ.jpg:large

KBD has to stay. Especially since I've just learned how to do it consistently on a pad.

Ppl having trouble with it: B, b, qcb, b, qcb, b, qcb. Its much easier and just as good as doing the perfect d/b imo. Once you get the rhythm down its smooth sailing. I still have trouble on the 2 player side but thats more from never choosing that side.

CSX

KBD has to stay. Especially since I've just learned how to do it consistently on a pad.

Ppl having trouble with it: B, b, qcb, b, qcb, b, qcb. Its much easier and just as good as doing the perfect d/b imo. Once you get the rhythm down its smooth sailing. I still have trouble on the 2 player side but thats more from never choosing that side.

the problem with that shortcut notation is that you cant use it with characters that have backsways like paul and bryan. Does work with 95% of the cast though lol

Ooooh, this is useful. Thanks!

Onemic

As a beginner Tekken/3D player that has put a lot of time into learning KBDC, I wouldnt want to see it go away. Removing it takes away all the sense of accomplishment you get when you're finally able to get it down consistently. It really does give you something to strive for, like EWGF. Not to mention that simplifying it to the point where you can just mash BD and get a KBDC I think would make the game even more defensive based and turn it into a turtle fest. Stuff like Anakins death fist whiff punish on Speedkicks will no longer look nearly as impressive either.

Did Qudans really get carpal tunnel because of KBDC? Or was it just through playing a ton of Tekken and not being mindful of how much force he was putting on the stick? When playing the only sense of discomfort I feel is due to execution fatigue, but my hand never feels in any way strained. He's also back to playing on stick again, so I wonder what he changed that allowed himself to no longer experience pain while playing. What other pro players got hurt playing and how did it happen? These guys play Tekken for literally 8+ hours a day, so there could be a lot of reasons as to what caused their injury.

GrayFoxPL

Anybody had a hard crash online yet?

I was in middle of combo and game crashed and booted to dashboard. Of course I got online penalty after I got back, because why not.

ZspO6W2.gif

You don't even need to backdash that far, past 2-3 backdashes away nothing really can hit you that you can't react too and you can see them start doing stuff like a running move. Even Aris mentions this in his vids, people admit to just keep doing it to do something, like Mr. Naps just dashing back and forth even though he isn't in range to hit or be hit.

CSX

Did Qudans really get carpal tunnel because of KBDC? Or was it just through playing a ton of Tekken and not being mindful of how much force he was putting on the stick? When playing the only sense of discomfort I feel is due to execution fatigue, but my hand never feels in any way strained. He's also back to playing on stick again, so I wonder what he changed that allowed himself to no longer experience pain while playing. What other pro players got hurt playing and how did it happen? These guys play Tekken for literally 8+ hours a day, so there could be a lot of reasons as to what caused their injury.

During his prime years, he was playing mishimas at 10-12 hrs a day. That nonstop T5DR Devil Jin wavedashing and backdashing... He had to stop playing for a few years due to korea's mandatory male military service. During that time he got surgery on his hands and when he got back into tekken, he had to adjust how he holds his stick so he's good now.

Raging internally after a six match loss streak.

Don't play with kids around (then again that doesn't stop my move drops... even happens on my good days... Fffuuu.Cking.Hhhhaaate.That.Shitttt!)

To clarify, I mean when I input u+3+4 during Yoshi's flea stance and end up just hopping instead (just happened) among many others.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
New question. One of the achievements requires beating Akuma in a special treasure battle or in arcade mode. How do I make him appear?

Tekken 7 – July 28th update – Patch Notes (PC)

The changes include:
- The black color for customization is now set to true black again and the issues with some character’s alternate costumes are fixed.
- Improved matchmaking timing in all online modes.
- Player’s information including character, wins, grade and title are no longer displayed during matchmaking
- Removed Match Lists following the improvement in matchmaking.
- Improved menu and navigation in Player Match. The change notably allow players to leave sessions more easily.
- Lifted the restriction on revenge matches in Ranked Match, to enables unlimited revenge matches.
- Fixed a revenge match related issue where the opponent’s name could change upon having revenge matches.

Please keep on discussing on the issues you could experience with Tekken 7 with us in the Steam forums.

Your next challenger awaits.
The Tekken team

Inskipp

For some reason my Antivirus (Avira) is flagging the new update on PC. Anyone else had a similar issue, or is this a false-positive?

This is what it said on the popup:

The pattern of 'TR/Patched.Gen [trojan]' detected in file 'X:\Steam\steamapps\common\TEKKEN 7\TekkenGame\Binaries\Win64\TekkenGame-Win64-Shipping.exe. Action performed: Deny access

sasuke_91

Had some matches with my brother again:
http://www.twitch.tv/uchihasasuke_91/v/162625999?sr=a

Some of those matches were cool, others were awful (especially Steve vs Steve). I played Hwoarang, Steve and Ling. He played Jin, Steve and Josie.
I kinda use streaming as a replacement for replays by now.

On another note, I finally made it to yellow ranks with Ling, which took way longer than it should. Rematches definitely makes ranking up a lot easier and faster.

GrayFoxPL

Okay, I'm diving back into Hei. Gimme some tips. I'mm gonna learn this dude even if it kills me.

Apart of the obvious "Get dem electrics!", few pointers:

Learn the standard ws punish - ws+1 into qcf+2. Just learn the rhythm and you'll be good. You can also quickly shoot ws+1 out of crouch dash - f,d,df,n,1. You can catch people that block low against mishimas. The qcf+2 you can also do after f+1+2(12 frame punish, short range) and if in d+1,2 the 2 part hits on ch.

If you hold down after d+1 Hei stays crouched, then you can do stuff like ws moves or fc df+4.

When you go for hellsweeps few things may happen. You'll get ch and juggle opponent, in that case remember to stop at neutral 4, so like f,d,df+4,4,n,4. This lets you go to screw combo with b,f+2,3. If you get hellsweep on normal hit the opponent can block further sweeps but here comes the mixup - you can do f,d,df+4,n,4,4 or f,d,df+4,1. When opponent thinks to block further hellsweeps he'll get hit by mids. He has to guess. The n,4,4 option is beefy damage but slightly minus on hit and very unsafe on block while 4,1 is less damage, but way safer and blows opponent away.

1+2 is a good 12 frame "fuck off" move. You can cancel few strings into this move: 1,2,2~1+2, 2,2~1+2 and b+1,2~1+2 how you do it is that you hold the last 2 of the string and push 1. These rarely hit actually but there's surprise here - you can cancel the 1+2 in strings into sidestep. It's useful against aggressive counter pokers. So eg.1,2,2~1+2~u_d.

Useful moves:

Pokes:
Poke with 1,2, 1,1, df+1, df+1,1, 1,b+2, d+1, d+4, ws+4, db+2 among others. Watch to not overuse db+2 because as much as annoying it is for opponent, if he starts blocking it you'll gonna get punished.

df+1,2 is also stuff everyone wants to abuse like crystal meth, but remember everyone get easy ws+4 guaranteed if blocked and if it was Steve, his ws+1,2 punish will hurt a lot. df+1,2 is delayable.

f+3 is super safe and gets crumple stun on ch, use it. f+2,3 high to same knee, delayable.

f+4 - go to tool for frame advantage.

uf+4 - good safe low crush, people get hit by it all the time.

uf+3,4 low crush screw launcher and + on block IF the second kick doesn't whiff and that may happen often. Watch it.

f,d,df+3 - one of my favorite moves to do at a distance. + on block, huge pushback, generally terrifying. You can do a low if you hold DF+3 but you'll be dead if opponent guesses it.

ff+2 - everyone's favorite demon uppercut launcher. Hard to punish for most characters. Use it at fair distance.

fc df+4 - low sweep from fc, hits hard, hits Hei harder if blocked. Abusable if opponent is at the wall. You can do crouch jab into it but mix it up with ws moves so opponent doesn't expect it every time.

df+1+2 - demon wings, power crush, tracks and it kills throws, kinda slow though.

f+3+4 is a stance that parries mid and high punches when Hei steps in. It goes into 1 (high, very safe, stun on ch), 2,1 (mids, big damage very unsafe on block, used primary as combo ender) and 1+2 that is super slow unblockable high, basically useless. If someone gets hit by it you can retire happy.

Last important bit - Hei has straight up hopkick u+4. You won't get a launch on normal hit and the hopkick doesn't move forward at all. But it's extremely good when you are pressured/pinned down, a panic button if you will. It launches on ch for a combo and trust me, it will launch way more often then you might think.

That's for some basic stuff. Hope it helps.

Top Bottom