• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 |OT| How I killed your mother

patchday

havent messed with this game a whole lot but hopped online and been having fun. Still find it odd ingame there's no movement list. What's the best site to get combo strings (you know the long combo chains)? In Injustice 2, I go to TestYourMight and for Guilty Gear I go to Dustloop

patchday

Thanks! I've been visiting Puddle's youtube tutorials for newbies but wasnt aware of the other resources.

Good thing this game apparently has good matchmaking. Probably shouldn't have been winning but guess I learned more then I thought from Puddle

patchday

Sorry I keep thinking of frame data along with the moves but it's okay I'm just going to focus on one character for now so just look up frame data on the site for a few of my favorite moves

Btw do they indicate ingame which moves track?

maybe I should just google that one I'm sure it's been asked

[edit] Yeah found it. Google to the rescue

Perineum

Apart of the obvious "Get dem electrics!", few pointers:

Learn the standard ws punish - ws+1 into qcf+2. Just learn the rhythm and you'll be good. You can also quickly shoot ws+1 out of crouch dash - f,d,df,n,1. You can catch people that block low against mishimas. The qcf+2 you can also do after f+1+2(12 frame punish, short range) and if in d+1,2 the 2 part hits on ch.

If you hold down after d+1 Hei stays crouched, then you can do stuff like ws moves or fc df+4.

When you go for hellsweeps few things may happen. You'll get ch and juggle opponent, in that case remember to stop at neutral 4, so like f,d,df+4,4,n,4. This lets you go to screw combo with b,f+2,3. If you get hellsweep on normal hit the opponent can block further sweeps but here comes the mixup - you can do f,d,df+4,n,4,4 or f,d,df+4,1. When opponent thinks to block further hellsweeps he'll get hit by mids. He has to guess. The n,4,4 option is beefy damage but slightly minus on hit and very unsafe on block while 4,1 is less damage, but way safer and blows opponent away.

1+2 is a good 12 frame "fuck off" move. You can cancel few strings into this move: 1,2,2~1+2, 2,2~1+2 and b+1,2~1+2 how you do it is that you hold the last 2 of the string and push 1. These rarely hit actually but there's surprise here - you can cancel the 1+2 in strings into sidestep. It's useful against aggressive counter pokers. So eg.1,2,2~1+2~u_d.

Useful moves:

Pokes:
Poke with 1,2, 1,1, df+1, df+1,1, 1,b+2, d+1, d+4, ws+4, db+2 among others. Watch to not overuse db+2 because as much as annoying it is for opponent, if he starts blocking it you'll gonna get punished.

df+1,2 is also stuff everyone wants to abuse like crystal meth, but remember everyone get easy ws+4 guaranteed if blocked and if it was Steve, his ws+1,2 punish will hurt a lot. df+1,2 is delayable.

f+3 is super safe and gets crumple stun on ch, use it. f+2,3 high to same knee, delayable.

f+4 - go to tool for frame advantage.

uf+4 - good safe low crush, people get hit by it all the time.

uf+3,4 low crush screw launcher and + on block IF the second kick doesn't whiff and that may happen often. Watch it.

f,d,df+3 - one of my favorite moves to do at a distance. + on block, huge pushback, generally terrifying. You can do a low if you hold DF+3 but you'll be dead if opponent guesses it.

ff+2 - everyone's favorite demon uppercut launcher. Hard to punish for most characters. Use it at fair distance.

fc df+4 - low sweep from fc, hits hard, hits Hei harder if blocked. Abusable if opponent is at the wall. You can do crouch jab into it but mix it up with ws moves so opponent doesn't expect it every time.

df+1+2 - demon wings, power crush, tracks and it kills throws, kinda slow though.

f+3+4 is a stance that parries mid and high punches when Hei steps in. It goes into 1 (high, very safe, stun on ch), 2,1 (mids, big damage very unsafe on block, used primary as combo ender) and 1+2 that is super slow unblockable high, basically useless. If someone gets hit by it you can retire happy.

Last important bit - Hei has straight up hopkick u+4. You won't get a launch on normal hit and the hopkick doesn't move forward at all. But it's extremely good when you are pressured/pinned down, a panic button if you will. It launches on ch for a combo and trust me, it will launch way more often then you might think.

That's for some basic stuff. Hope it helps.

Are you a Hei main? This is some good shit. I was just experimenting with him for luls today, and I got turned off because I can't get hell sweep to come out. Is it a justframe like EWGF?

Numb

Are you a Hei main? This is some good shit. I was just experimenting with him for luls today, and I got turned off because I can't get hell sweep to come out. Is it a justframe like EWGF?
He is just a crazy Paul player that likes nothing but shredders and deathfist

Hellsweep isn't a just frame. You do the crouch dash input, you can visibly see Hei crouch dash. Keep the last input held (d/f) and input the 4. If the crouch dash isn't coming out then that's where you're messing up. If it is coming out and there is no hellsweep then you're inputting the button too late, or not holding the d/f.

Holding/not holding d/f on Hei's hellsweep is actually important, because it's how you get the various different mixups from it. 4,4,4 with d/f held will produce three lows, whereas 4,4,4 if you release d/f after the first one will produce a low/mid/mid. Generally people who use it outside of combos will only go for low/low/mid which launches, or low/mid which is safe.

CSX

So would it be a better idea to buy the game on PS4 or PC? I plan on playing on a Dualshock anyway.

PC version supports Dualshock controller and has less input lag. Also don't have to worry as much playing against a dude online on wireless internet since most people on PC play on ethernet connection :p

CSX

went salty 1-1 against a jaggernaunt ranked ling player with my devil jin. Each match went to final round. FUCK ALL THIS TWIRLING, DANCING, ROLLING, AOP, CALIFORNIA ROLLING BULLSHIT!! How the fuck does my ff2 whiff against a forward roll?!!! downjab and u4 saved my ass lol

Nuszka

How is the matchmaking on PC in EU now? Does it take less then 10 sec in between games like on PS4 , asking as i have limited time these days to play. All i am playing now are ranked games.

Momentary

Banned
Holy crap!! Playing on PC after the update and time between matches in ranked in almost instantaneous. I can't even complete one move in the warm-up screen before I get another request. This is amazing.

Doomshine

Man, just realized something, did they fix the sound of the classic Jukebox tracks? Seems like they're lining up more.

They did that in the Ver.1.03 patch that came out a few weeks ago.

So do the Taiko drums not change the hit sounds in the home version? I guess that's good, but I was kind of looking forward to Aris getting pissed at it :p

GrayFoxPL

I play all mishimas, yeah. Hell sweep is not just frame, but you gotta hold df in f,d,df+4 if you want series of hellsweeps. Make sure crouch dash comes out even slowly, for practice.
Edit: Didn't see that Famicom already explained.

He is just a crazy Paul player that likes nothing but shredders and deathfist

FVRJ2lT.gif

S0erMcZ.gif

Perineum

I played with Lars last night just to see how hard his combos are, etc.

No wonder everyone says to try this guy out. Everything is so easy with great damage and mix ups. It all looks so slick too when it's connecting. I am border line in love. Too bad his customization capabilities are not really there, but toss a Lion mask on him and it's all good.

No wonder everyone says to try this guy out. Everything is so easy with great damage and mix ups. It all looks so slick too when it's connecting. I am border line in love. Too bad his customization capabilities are not really there, but toss a Lion mask on him and it's all good.
Lars with good hair would be the best character in the game for me quite frankly.

Numb

I play all mishimas, yeah. Hell sweep is not just frame, but you gotta hold df in f,d,df+4 if you want series of hellsweeps. Make sure crouch dash comes out even slowly, for practice.
Edit: Didn't see that Famicom already explained.

FVRJ2lT.gif

S0erMcZ.gif
Yeah
After you land shredders

Imagine if he was still good and not shot in both knees in T7

Holy crap!! Playing on PC after the update and time between matches in ranked in almost instantaneous. I can't even complete one move in the warm-up screen before I get another request. This is amazing.

I liked it better when you could see who you were playing against.

This is a regression. All they really needed to do was just add infinite Revenge matches. The game took a step forward and two steps back.

In fact I have experienced a lot of people just dipping out after the first match instead of playing another.

sasuke_91

I liked it better when you could see who you were playing against.

This is a regression. All they really needed to do was just add infinite Revenge matches. The game took a step forward and two steps back.

In fact I have experienced a lot of people just dipping out after the first match instead of playing another.
I mean... it's better if they dip out after the first match than before the match even starts.

Onemic

Removing the opponents rank and character were necessary. Far too many people were consciously or unconsciously cherry picking matches to inflate their rank.

Removing the opponents rank and character were necessary. Far too many people were consciously or unconsciously cherry picking matches to inflate their rank.

With the rank tree as large as it is, I don't see this as necessary. Eventually, that person would hit a wall and get exposed.

The patch is only 24 hours old. I'll give it time to see how effective it is.

Top Bottom