• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 |OT| How I killed your mother

stn

Which character is the absolute easiest to use in terms of execution? I've been using Akuma only because I love Street Fighter, but I want to actually learn how to play Tekken through a traditional character.

Dereck

Shit, I don't know if PS4 player base is wearing thin or is it my connection but I'm getting the same dudes over and over. It never been like that on Tag2 even at end of that game's cycle.

If it goes on like this only friendly player matches remain.
- ranked in its essence is fantastic however its brought down by some of the same stuff it was brought down by in tag 2. the best thing ranked has going for it is the infinite revenge match, one of the greatest things about tekken 7 overall imo

- but, we're back to tag 2 where the online system usually tells me that a player is 4 bar and as soon as the match starts, the bars fluctuate, i mean its cool, you're allowed to have a 3 or 2 bar, i just wish the game would let me know so im not going into the match blind

- not being able to see rank, character or win count is whatever, however not being able to see names seems like a subjective thing since im seeing two sides to it. on one hand high level players that are recognizable by name cant be ducked because they're too good, or just in general players that get the best of you cant be ducked. however its like when im watching anyone play ranked, literally anyone, go on twitch and look up tekken 7 a lot more people are streaming nowadays than before, people will actually one and done a lag switcher, a player with a bad connection or a plugger, only to be matched up with the same person right after.

it really comes down to guessing right or wrong especially if the game makes no distinct indicator of who you're matching up with (everyone online shows up as a 4 bar with a 0.0% disconnect rate) so its like, you gotta sit there and hope you rejected the plugger that you just got done playing. then, in ranked matches, the match randomly disconnects after taking forever to sync, basically to me im not interested in playing ranked unless im deathmatching someone with a decent to good connection. the randomness is too much for me personally

- im getting my ass kicked in player matches a lot and im probably gonna try to start going to more offline tournaments instead of only playing online because its kind of hit or miss right now. up in the private player match lobby and shit sitting there picking the same character over and over again, i just want to pick the same stage but its like 2-3 minutes inbetween every match bro like this is really the way it is. 30 min FT5 session turns into an hour long FT5 session because of all of the needless load times, no option of a rematch, the ready-up button bugging out and the lobby randomly kicking either me or my training buddy out of the room because ???

Man there are really slim pickings once you get to high orange rank. I'm trying to get to Genbu with Shaheen but I can't find anyone to play against.

- oh yeah there's like 10 people at destroyer/savior rank on PC at any given time in the day, 10 people that don't plug or have decent connections. player base is really slim anyway

Which character is the absolute easiest to use in terms of execution? I've been using Akuma only because I love Street Fighter, but I want to actually learn how to play Tekken through a traditional character.

Akuma is not as easy as some say. He get's very difficult with his optimal combo's later down the road.

Leo, Katarina, Asuka,Jack-7, Lili are some easy characters I recommend.

Leo is the most traditional, she is very simple and rely heavily on tekken fundamentals.

Akuma is not as easy as some say. He get's very difficult with his optimal combo's later down the road.

Leo, Katarina, Asuka,Jack-7, Lili are some easy characters I recommend.

Leo is the most traditional, she is very simple and rely heavily on tekken fundamentals.

I would also suggest Paul. Bad play can be overcome by one well-timed phoenix smasher/death fist. His toolset is simple, but strong.

Took sasuke's advice. Purchased a 4TB HAS and started recording matches. My Ling is rusty AF cuz I hadn't played with her in a month, and I dropped a TON of combos, but I always look forward to playing against Akuma with her.

Most importantly, I LEARNED THAT YOU CAN BUFFER HER RAGE DRIVE!!! I was reading on the Tekken Z forum about Raven that ppl who struggle with getting into LAB can BUFFER 3+4 by holding one kick button down and hitting the other (do this rapidly to taunt).

I always would do RDS d+3,4 instead of RDS d+3,3+4. So never used her rage drive. Just last night, I started buffing the 3+4 by holding down 3 after RDS d+3, and it has has a 100% hit rate so far, lol. (Usually set up RDS with 2, 1 or d/f+1 or 1, d+2)

Man I need to pick Tekken back up to do this more, but METROID calls!

At any rate, watching videos of myself, I can now see LOTS of mistakes made. I need help with this one K-bob tho
I'll post that later.

https://youtu.be/z48aV7rgTF4

Rajang

Jack, Feng, Katarina.

Numb

My Lars and Kat would body you.
Looks like i escaped a beatdown
Wait, who plays this on Xbox here? I never read anyone talking about it even though it was on NPD for a few months.

Then again, if this is happening....
xbox?
Shaq-points-laughs-and-leaves-press-conference.gif

is Katarina's wall carry absurd or is that just me doing a scrubquote?
Nah she has good wall carry
Her b1,1 alone is insane and that's the least damaging option

Looks like i escaped a beatdown

xbox?
Shaq-points-laughs-and-leaves-press-conference.gif

LOL!!!

It was the #2 game for Xbox according to June NPD:

Xbox One
Injustice 2
Grand Theft Auto V
Tekken 7
Overwatch**
Forza Horizon 3
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands
Call of Duty: Black Ops III
NBA 2K17
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare

So someone owns it.

GrayFoxPL

Saint will be fighting Drags till the end of time or some Drag nerfs.

Level of those guys is insane.

At one point they both dashed in their face and did nothing for 2 seconds! I thought their sticks stopped working!

Omg that final. Jumping over Drags tackle with Jack?!

GrayFoxPL

Can't wait for Lee patch to hit PS4.

Lee N Patch video.

This is gonna help me very much, not being(and never will) execution monster. I wanted db+3+4 input adjust for years! Always getting unwanted blazing kicks.

This is gonna be fucking great.

Spuck-uk

Banned

Leo / Katarina / Jack / Kazumi / Feng

Avoid anyone like Bryan / Paul / Nina who has to do a strict backstep

sasuke_91

Not looking forward to see the dozens of Lees who will be wall carrying with jabs every match.
Actual 1,2~f,n wall carry won't take you far and does low damage. If you mean the b2 wall carry though, that needs very strict timing. You have to be very precise if you want to pull that off Online, so most people will drop their combos left and right on lower ranks.

Actual 1,2~f,n wall carry won't take you far and does low damage. If you mean the b2 wall carry though, that needs very strict timing. You have to be very precise if you want to pull that off Online, so most people will drop their combos left and right on lower ranks.

It's true. Combos are being dropped left and right. I am wondering if these buffs are going to change things.

mooncakes

I feel like rank games is a joke. People in the orange still mashes buttons right when the round starts. I know I can backdash, bait and punish but I feel like they never learn.

sasuke_91

I feel like rank games is a joke. People in the orange still mashes buttons right when the round starts. I know I can backdash, bait and punish but I feel like they never learn.

Actually, most orange ranked players are pretty legit if you ask me. Maybe that one was a booster?
Sometimes it is indeed not a bad idea to begin the round ny attacking, but if you punished him for it several times he might be bad at adjusting or just stupid.

What is a proper opening, in your opinion?

Most people will backdash at the beginning of a round. There is no "proper way" to begin a round though, since it depends on the opponent as a person and also his character.

Dereck

just as a destroyer Shaheen was about to lose, he plugged on me, it was during his promotion match too.

it's one thing to see it happen in some person's stream, a completely different beast when someone does it you. waste of my time, brain power and somewhat deters me from playing ranked even more

GrayFoxPL

Even Malgu at purple rank pushes buttons at the start. It's natural to try to beat opponents option in rock, paper, scissors fashion. Not like big backdash and forward going attack is fast enough to punish fast attacks like kaz's df+2.

Man, ranked online matchmaking sucks.

I played against this Dragunov dude three times in a row. I don't wan to play this dude with only 5 wins on his character.

Sayah

Man, ranked online matchmaking sucks.

I played against this Dragunov dude three times in a row. I don't wan to play this dude with only 5 wins on his character.

There's a lot of ish to complain about in Tekken 7. This is like the most trifling thing to be complaining about.

There's a lot of ish to complain about in Tekken 7. This is like the most trifling thing to be complaining about.

I didn't bother to post about not wanting to waste my time gettimg matched up against people who are not of the same rank, especially ppl in that upper + range when O select 2+.

EDIT: ah, I just realized that you are probably playing on console.

I doubt Tekken's gonna get any news. DoA6 is a legit possibility though! If it's not announced here then at the DoA finals happening at the end of the year.

On a different note, Why'd Dereck get banned!?

Nuszka

Can't wait for Lee patch to hit PS4.

Lee N Patch video.

This is gonna help me very much, not being(and never will) execution monster. I wanted db+3+4 input adjust for years! Always getting unwanted blazing kicks.

This is gonna be fucking great.

I might stop playing destiny for a bit , love how b2 is more consistent now same with usage of u4,3 in situations that were not possible before.

Z

ZelbZelb

Unconfirmed Member
I'm pretty happy with those Lee changes, after seeing the video. I think he could be improved further, but it's a good start. I should be much more confident playing him, especially stuff like side-step > u/f+4 and the like.

I suck at ranking. Tried getting to Vindicator with Ling and gave up with a sour thumb after 1.5 hours. Bad day I guess. Had some good matches with a Kazuya player though. Too bad he left before we could complete a deathmatch.

Now that I'm wired again stream quality is a lot, lot better. You can check the archive here: http://www.twitch.tv/uchihasasuke_91/v/176022119?sr=a

Edit: misread

Edit 2 well I have not seen a Law player in 2 weeks, but when I do, I'll know that a lot of his stuff is punishable with d/f+2~1.

Too bad about that Katarina. Good to know that I'm not the only person who gets smacked with a random unlockable from her. She wasn't going to rematch you, lol?

Do you ALWAYS try to rematch forever?

Top Bottom