• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 |OT| How I killed your mother

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I'm sure I'm late but when did Leo become a dude?

I think harada just changes her gender randomly for the lols now. But Elenora is her name and has been confirmed as canonly a female, that's been established for 6 years

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Show me custom Bryans, I need ideas.

You're welcome
6ZITaK2.png

Did you read the post? If you have to go back 20 pages for positive story impressions, probz not a majority.

@halfbeast nice chie

Ya know at least we provided REAL data from metacritic and STEAM proving very positive reviews on the game, your posting opinion and subjective taste.

Lets get real: You gave your opinion and thank you for that, we all have noted it.

Now to more Tekken How I Killed Your Mother Thread goodness

Happened with me for a while too. You need to do the action quicker. Basically return it to neutral as soon as the switch clicks.

I'm personally really struggling with backdash cancelling on stick.

For stick I do B,B (Hold the second back, slide it to D/B, then let it go to neutral) rinse and repeat.

I'm sure I'm late but when did Leo become a dude?

She is a dude that is a she who is a dude-she. Right? :p

Oh Tekken PS4's online is still broken. All I want to do is some casual matches with my friends online but we can't even do that. Honestly I want to like this game but this is still appalling.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I think harada just changes her gender randomly for the lols now. But Elenora is her name, that's been established

Pretty sure it was said that Leo is designed to be whatever you want or prefer Leo to be. They include a lot of evidence for both sides of the argument. I think after Tag 2 people were starting to settle too definitively on the idea that Leo is female, so they pushed harder towards male in Tekken 7.

Folks just have to get over not having a concrete answer.

Inuhanyou

I mean Tag 2 isn't strictly canon.

It wasn't in TTT2, he said it himself during a tekken event where he was promoting Tekken BR and said that she was a girl straight out along with her backstory as Eleonor Kliesen.

If we belive Harada, that's just the case, and he changes her gender whenever he wants after that. But oddly enough she still acts like a girl in this game despite the gender change. You don't knee someone in the balls because you get scared, its just a bad thing to do

Finally getting the hang of launcher combos with Claudio. I feel so proud :3

How is the Claudio - Gigas matchup supposed to go? How to I not get steamrolled lol.

Played a guy who just kept me down and I guess I just guessed wrong on wakeup.

mooncakes

This game is really weird. Sometimes I cant tell what is safe or unsafe. I think I also got grab in the air with that lion headed guy in a random game.

I tried to punish a blocked super with Raven launcher down forward 2p but its not even a punish. They could still block lol. Maybe her launcher is slow I think.

I'm slowly putting everything together one at time after 15 hours so far.

cordy

Banned
Did you read the post? If you have to go back 20 pages for positive story impressions, probz not a majority.

@halfbeast nice chie

?

I went back that far because that's where I finished Story Mode and posted my own impressions for the first time and also there was a long discussion towards it, that doesn't mean people haven't been praising it since then. Secondly, can you actually find more diverse people complaining about the main Story Mode compared to the Character Side Stories? Because there's a difference there. Most people are complaining about the things with the side-characters rather than what actually happened in the Story Mode.

Inuhanyou

Or she's just.... gender fluid. Which is what I take from Leo, and have for a long time.

What's that mean?

Generally speaking...at her inception, he said he wanted a character that was gender neutral, and i think it would have been better to never have confirmed her gender either way through gender ambiguous clothes than just changing her sexual organs every game, which i think is irritating as it kind of sends tone deaf signals from a Japanese dev on LGBT

Perineum

I messsed with the majority of the cast to find a main and to not dismiss anyone.

I've narrowed it down to:

Kazumi (mad easy to play. Mad easy damage. Easy corner carries, great quick punishes, awesome spacing, etc etc)

Katarina (about the same as Kazumi. No tiger tho. hmmm)

Lucky Chloe (I thought this character was AWFUL pre release, but after customizing her a bit then playing her, she has a SUPER fun play style)

Bryan Fury (surprisingly easy to get 80+ damage with. Everything goes into everything...jeez)

---------

I also was interested in Nina, and the fact she has like 6 launchers, and almost all her strings have a second hit low makes her ridiculously powerful against noobs, but she just doesn't flow as well as the ones above.

Steve Fox is another character, probably the most I dig in the roster visually, but I feel like I'm not going to learn Tekken as a whole if I go with him. He's one I may come back to after getting the ins and outs in a year. :p

Oh Tekken PS4's online is still broken. All I want to do is some casual matches with my friends online but we can't even do that. Honestly I want to like this game but this is still appalling.

You have to make a lobby, only lobbies work for PSN online at the moment.

Pretty sure it was said that Leo is designed to be whatever you want or prefer Leo to be. They include a lot of evidence for both sides of the argument. I think after Tag 2 people were starting to settle too definitively on the idea that Leo is female, so they pushed harder towards male in Tekken 7.

Folks just have to get over not having a concrete answer.

Harada is the best troll. And the best Twitter director ever. He once told me to "Shut-up-a-little" LMAO ( https://mobile.twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/857761527004254208 )

I love how he deosent treat fans like snowflakes, and that tuffness comes out in his twitter account. A definite fun follow if your looking to follow twitter folks.

Ya know at least we provided REAL data from metacritic and STEAM, your posting opinion and subjective taste.

Lets get real: You gave your opinion and thank you for that, we all have noted it.

Actually i didnt post my opinion?

I havent played the story, i probably wont play the story, i do not give a fuck about the story.
But the majority of story impressions in this thread are not positive. They might be elsewhere, i do not know about impressions elsewhere, and i do not care about the impressions elsewhere. But lol @ "Real data" from STEAM and metacritic.

What's that mean?

Generally speaking...at her inception, he said he wanted a character that was gender neutral, and i think it would have been better to never have confirmed her gender either way through gender ambiguous clothes than just changing her sexual organs every game, which i think is irritating as it kind of sends tone deaf signals from a Japanese dev on LGBT
Here's the urban dictionary

"A genderfluid person is someone who fluctuates between more than one gender, or between having a gender and not having one. They do not stick to one gender, or lack thereof, for their entire life. It is not related to a person's genitalia, nor their sexual orientation"

Leo's sex is female but her gender can change game to game without any compromise and she had a different name.

Yeah. Story mode is pretty shit. The decision to make the AI use repetitious moves yet also OP'd and obviously AI is truly dumb. The Special Stage that you unlock against
Akuma
is absolutely fucking incredibly fucking irritatingly fucking dumb. I quite like the rest of the game but that part, the Story mode, that's unlocked stage, complete waste of time. Bad voice acting, dumb writing and pretty pointless.
Shame as it really hurts the game in total.
Still I guess for many they're just interested in online play. Kinda' think the devs are too.

Weird, because they don't for me.

That is weird because I have been playing online all weekend long. (Not a great internet connection about 20mbps out of New Mexico but I still get blue bars and green bars, game feels good)

However I can only get games in lobbies. I create a lobby, but mostly 90% of the time I just join a lobby.

Inuhanyou

Here's the urban dictionary

"A genderfluid person is someone who fluctuates between more than one gender, or between having a gender and not having one. They do not stick to one gender, or lack thereof, for their entire life. It is not related to a person's genitalia, nor their sexual orientation"

Leo's sex is female but her gender can change game to game without any compromise and she had a different name.

I...can't say i fully understand the sentiment myself, but i will readily admit there i am ignorant on a lot of things in general

That is weird because I have been playing online all weekend long. (Not a great internet connection about 20mbps our of New Mexico but I still get blue bars and green bars, game feels good)

However I can only get games in lobbies. I create a lobby, but mostly 90% of the time I just join a lobby.

When trying to play lobbies with my friends it just disconnects and boots us back to the lobby after x amount of seconds. Longest we've had is 11 seconds, and shortest is less than 1.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
character stuff

I'll say this right now, if you enjoy Bryan going all the way with him and getting his tricker stuff down in the future will have a big pay off vs the 3 you listed above him

His unblockable taunt combo stuff is a bit execution heavy to learn but it can shut out a round and in general he has always had one of the most rounded move sets in the series

Damn, that's awesome!
So there is more than one composer for the Tekken 7 Soundtrack?

Yup! AKIJURA, Rio Hamamoto, Hiroshi Okubo, Yu Miyake and Taku Inou. Nobuyoshi Sano worked on original Arcade release, Keiichi Okabe (the guy from NieR) too (Arctic Snowfall).

EDIT: Cleared up some misinformation because I misremembered.

I've played Tekken since the first one but I've always felt like I have less control over my character than most other fighting games. They're really stiff and slow.

Made even more obvious by playing SFV almost every day for over a year.

Numb

I've played Tekken since the first one but I've always felt like I have less control over my character than most other fighting games. They're really stiff and slow.

Made even more obvious by playing SFV almost every day for over a year.

The movement in Tekken gives you complete control over your character but it isn't easy.
Not easy at all
Other games you only need to consider footsies and execution comes into play in combos and other things. Just to move well in Tekken means you need good execution

Perineum

I'll say this right now, if you enjoy Bryan going all the way with him and getting his tricker stuff down in the future will have a big pay off vs the 3 you listed above him

His unblockable taunt combo stuff is a bit execution heavy to learn but it can shut out a round and in general he has always had one of the most rounded move sets in the series

Do we know enough about the new characters to say they are a notch below Bryan's fully played to max capabilities ?

Kazumi for example I have multiple 100+ damage combos with rage meter anywhere on screen, and mid screen without meter I break 80 and take them to the wall.

I'm just curious if the arcade version of the game was enough time to pump out these characters for people to go "ok, they are solid, but there are better characters" and if that's the case then yeah I will probably go invest bryan time.

So my online experience is not being able to connect to matches or lobbies. When I set up a lobby with a friend we get kicked back to the lobby after maybe 10 seconds if we're lucky, and less than if not. And the only mode that works well is tournament? But if the host is a salty baby, or just doesn't want to wait 30 minutes till he can play the game again then there's no reward from it.

I just want to play Tekken. I want to throw money on the season pass. But ffs this shouldn't be happening.

Top Bottom