• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 |OT| How I killed your mother

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Do we know enough about the new characters to say they are a notch below Bryan's fully played to max capabilities ?

Kazumi for example I have multiple 100+ damage combos with rage meter anywhere on screen, and mid screen without meter I break 80 and take them to the wall.

I'm just curious if the arcade version of the game was enough time to pump out these characters for people to go "ok, they are solid, but there are better characters" and if that's the case then yeah I will probably go invest bryan time.

Enough time has been invested into them. None of the characters are all that bad to where they can't win just bryan is the most viable of the bunch and has the biggest room for growth as a player. The reward for learning him is pretty big and his basics start off pretty easy for people to grow into the trickier stuff.

Heck you can learn those other characters after pretty quickly as they are a lot simpler in the end to get down due to their limited gameplans

Endo Punk

Was anybody else kind of wishing that Heihachi was the one with the devil gene all along and it triggered during his final fight with Kazuya? When Kazumi told him that he had to die because he'd bring destruction to the world (which he totes did) I assumed that she'd represent the Angel side of Kazuya's bloodline.

I would have actually appreciated that twist. The story is at odds with the franchise history, turning Heihachi into a sympathetic character, introducing Kazumi only for her to be a dumb Devil character it's all just a big WTF. I've played MK, DOA, SF story and this is by far the worst.
. I'm kinda hoping for a franchise reboot going forward.

Numb

Story mode tricking me into thinking i can be an electric guy with that drug 1 button fix
I know better don't even try

Endo Punk

I used to be able to play Hei back in T3 and T4. I schooled everyone at the arcades.

Now I can't do shit with him. I am pathetic!

I dread to think how much worse I'll be not having touched Tekken since 2005. All this juggling, bouncing feels alien to me 😁 Fun to watch though.

All those special matches in treasure mode are so cheap .

Kazumi can destroy 70% of your life bar if you just mess up once at side step .

not my idea of fun

Menitta

All those special matches in treasure mode are so cheap .

Kazumi can destroy 70% of your life bar if you just mess up once at side step .

not my idea of fun

Fortunately Akuma's fireballs can beat some of her unblockables. At least the one where she does a flip in the air and charges at you.

Dartastic

Oh my god you guys. I'm having the best fucking time with this. This is seriously hitting the spot right now. So glad I decided to buy this and switch up my time with Street Fighter.

I got 4 games in. I won 3 and lost 1. I need to stop being such a scrub, I got owned by basic Kazuya stuff which has been getting me since forever.

LowParry

I think the only piece of music that annoys me is that night time as the G Corb helipad. Everything else is just damn fantastic.

Shredderi

Character customization looks underwhelming. I wish there were more "cool" looking things rather than weird and absurd ones. More higher quality character specific things would be up my alley. I suppose this could be something that gets better with time. I know, it's not really supposed to be the main focus, but the absence of Soul Calibur has left a hole in my need to create and customize characters in fighting games xD

cwistofu

Noob question: what is unsafe in this game, in terms or frame-advantage?

i.e. should should i avoid strings that end with me at -11 on block?

Two Words

Noob question: what is unsafe in this game, in terms or frame-advantage?

i.e. should should i avoid strings that end with me at -11 on block?
Anything in the -15 range is gonna get you launched for sure. Some launchers can come faster. Pushback is another factor when it comes to safety.

Two Words

Was anybody else kind of wishing that Heihachi was the one with the devil gene all along and it triggered during his final fight with Kazuya? When Kazumi told him that he had to die because he'd bring destruction to the world (which he totes did) I assumed that she'd represent the Angel side of Kazuya's bloodline.
But the most badass thing about Heihachi is that he holds his own against Kazuya while being pure human.

Edzi

Tell me more.

If you have a turbo controller, map 4 to the X button (to confirm through menu prompts) and then just leave her on in treasure mode as she spams her 4444 string on turbo. The cpu can't handle it so you'll rack up money and items.

Numb

claudio just asking for me to play him
.eJwFwdsNwyAMAMBdGAAMNn5kmQhB1VRqCAr0q-ruvfu6z_12mzvWGnMLobbu22vW625lDF-vM5S1Sj3OR18zYDQi5UjMSCqkGjCBkkFmSsYoTBiiGuUEtkdmAEsMgihitouCGKase_ejP93vD7fLI2k.7Oo_FMWZJmkxKBH5vmGM1kfUSHs

.eJwFwdsNwyAMAMBdGABs_MBkmQhB1VRqCAr0q-ruvfu6z_12mzvWGnMLobbu22vW625lDF-vM5S1Sj3OR18zEGZmU2RVYktsFiiCcSbKkoCFJVpAy9EYYUdVgBwVQRMixR3Jsphgkr370Z_u9wfXWSN_.5FY4mOTX94CFBUP9b8lCe_gMRvE

The movement in Tekken gives you complete control over your character but it isn't easy.
Not easy at all
Other games you only need to consider footsies and execution comes into play in combos and other things. Just to move well in Tekken means you need good execution
Yeah, that makes sense. I see what you mean. I'll keep that in mind.

Steam denied my refund request so I guess I'm in for the long haul. Was a bit intimidated from the outset with the breadth of the movesets and my not being able to grasp the neutral game in a 3D fighter but I really appreciate the production value that seems to have been put into the product.

That top 15 moves per character link has been an enormous help for trying to wrap my head around the core moves for a given character, using Claudio at the moment but would like to branch off to Lucky Chloe or Master Raven as I become more familiar with things.

I'll probably post again in a couple hours if anyone wants to beat on a (very) new player. This is my first Tekken and my second 3D fighter after SCV.

Perineum

Steam denied my refund request so I guess I'm in for the long haul. Was a bit intimidated from the outset with the breadth of the movesets and my not being able to grasp the neutral game in a 3D fighter but I really appreciate the production value that seems to have been put into the product.

That top 15 moves per character link has been an enormous help for trying to wrap my head around the core moves for a given character, using Claudio at the moment but would like to branch off to Lucky Chloe or Master Raven as I become more familiar with things.

I'll probably post again in a couple hours if anyone wants to beat on a (very) new player. This is my first Tekken and my second 3D fighter after SCV.

Could you repost this top 15 moves per character link?

I am currently watching King Jae videos online for a variety of his tutorials.

Deps

Jin is so good in T7, his T7 changes and the console buffs all make him really scary. Easily best Jin since T4

Your not kidding.

The music in this game is on point! Whoever did this music please let them on the team making Ridge Racer 8 (common namco make ridge racer 8) Also the visual design of this game along with sound is just great. They really nailed the feeling of the hits and combat that I hope a lot of people took and take note on. Now that I have it at home and not on a fairly bad monitor at the arcade, I can really appreciate it. The subtle zoom ins, the massive zoom ins the slowmo's and what not is just so good.

Also anyone else trying to play Nina? Man shes such a hard character but I'm slightly determined. Beat some people online with her too! Going to try out other characters but man I love this lady. Also surprised I like her default more than her classic outfit but I think its partly because there does not seem to be nearly as much work put into them as they are extra and not default.

Top Bottom