• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 |OT| How I killed your mother

cordy

Banned
Wait, they took out the DLC from the arcade version and then put it back in to charge people?

They couldn't put every costume in from that arcade version. The arcade has way more customization options that haven't been transferred over yet. Secondly, nowhere does the datamine say that all of this is paid DLC. There will be paid DLC and free DLC. People seem to think it's all going to be paid though because it says DLC and because there's a Season Pass.

Tekken Bowl's probably going to be paid though. DEFINITELY.

EDIT: In case people wonder why I say that
Time. It's the same reason why all the modes aren't in the game even though they said "the game should come with everything you'd expect out of a Tekken title" during the press release. They didn't have enough time to put in all the content that they wanted to. That's why they pushed the game back in the first place.

Long term support = take stuff out and put it back in later. Genius.

I just hope this isnt paid DLC or it will blow up in their faces big time.

Man...another fucking meter character? Harada trashing up our Tekken with this shit.

Tekken Bowl is cool, not as cool as Ball, but cool. Not sure how I feel about paying for something that used to come free though. For a season pass I was expecting something a bit more substantial for the secret mode.

Question though -- is there not a replay system in this? I'm not having any luck digging through the menu.

Unfortunately not. Imagine if we had gotten a souped up replay system where we could do match postgame analysis in practice mode. It really sucks that they took this out.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
They couldn't put every costume in from that arcade version. The arcade has way more customization options that haven't been transferred over yet. Secondly, nowhere does the datamine say that all of this is paid DLC. There will be paid DLC and free DLC. People seem to think it's all going to be paid though because it says DLC and because there's a Season Pass.

Are you kidding me with this?

remz

Learning thsi game with Eliza after coming from SF has been an interestingly difficult experience. I really love playing her and things are kinda coming together after like 10 hrs of smashing my head against the wall!

I'm really jealous of anyone that already has that 15 important moves things filled out :< guess it's my fault for picking dlc character as a main lol

RIP Moku.

tumblr_mkaaammbs71qa5flro1_250.gif
:( damn you harader
Code:
[IMG]http://www.fightersgeneration.com/nx2/char/ttt2/junny/mokujin-ttt2-junny.jpg[/IMG]
200.gif

Tekken Bowl?
p1uZ7dC.png

Tekken BALL??
qO1ctHn.png

Creaking

?

Of course not. Just because you're constantly negative about this game doesn't mean you have to go against everything people say about it.

How do you find a way to justify every bullshit move these guys make? I honestly can't comprehend it.

Here's a question: Why couldn't they put every customization from the arcade version into the home version? Was there a magic spell preventing them from doing so?

wrongway

Unfortunately not. Imagine if we had gotten a souped up replay system where we could do match postgame analysis in practice mode. It really sucks that they took this out.

Damn, that's a bummer. Even as a beginner (maybe especially as a beginner), replays would be an awfully nice tool to have. I hope they get patched in at some point.

Eh...I see where this is going.

It's part of the business model.

With the console version out now, Namco-Bandai needs something to keep people going to the arcades (where they can easily spend the price of the game and then some)

I expect a lot of customization items to have a beefy timed-exclusivity period in the arcades.

cordy

Banned
How do you find a way to justify every bullshit move these guys make? I honestly can't comprehend it.

Here's a question: Why couldn't they put every customization from the arcade version into the home version? Was there a magic spell preventing them from doing so?

Tbh, you've been bitching about this game constantly even pre-release to the point people were calling you out about it and almost every one of your posts is negative towards the game post-release. You keep saying I'm "justifying it" even though I've got negatives but simply because I'm not as negative as you you get upset. You need to chill if it upsets you that much. I gotta ask this though.

If they had to push the game back because of a "lack of content" and it has this much (or this ltitle)...why do you think they had the time to add in all the customization? It's obvious it's a time aspect more than anything. You're acting like I'm saying it was impossible but I've been saying for the longest time it's a time aspect. It's the same reason why I said all the modes weren't in even though they've stated that it would have everything you'd "expect out of a console Tekken title". If you don't get that then shit, God bless.

It should be common sense that if they pushed the game back due to a lack of content that they couldn't include all the content that they wanted to include. That makes perfect sense.

Why couldn't they?

Creaking

Tbh, you've been bitching about this game constantly even pre-release to the point people were calling you out about it and almost every one of your posts is negative towards the game post-release. You keep saying I'm "justifying it" even though I've got negatives but simply because I'm not as negative as you you get upset. You need to chill if it upsets you that much. I gotta ask this though.

If they had to push the game back because of a "lack of content" and it has this much...why do you think they had the time to add in all the customization? It's obvious it's a time aspect more than anything. You're acting like I'm saying it was impossible but I've been saying for the longest time it's a time aspect. If you don't get that then shit, God bless.

It should be common sense that if they pushed the game back due to a lack of content that they couldn't include all the content that they wanted to include. That makes perfect sense.

But the content was already created. Some of it has been around for literal years now. Moreover, it's right there in the files. It's in the game, it's just not available. Not unless you pay $10. I'm sorry, but your 'common sense' in this case is insane to me.

cordy

Banned
Why couldn't they?

Time. It's the same reason why all the modes aren't in the game even though they said "the game should come with everything you'd expect out of a Tekken title" during the press release. They didn't have enough time to put in all the content that they wanted to. That's why they pushed the game back in the first place.
But the content was already created. Some of it has been around for literal years now. Moreover, it's right there in the files. It's in the game, it's just not available. Not unless you pay $10. I'm sorry, but your 'common sense' in this case is insane to me.

Tbh you can keep saying that. After all your posts towards this game I'd expect nothing else.

Let's not jump to conclusions yet, we don't know what's going to be part of paid DLC and part of the free DLC. Unless you think there's not going to be any free DLC.

Hopefully they'll talk a bit more about their plans at E3.

How do people deal with their mains not appearing in squeals? Armor King was my guy in 6 (he's been my boy since 2) and I ran with AK/Angel in Tekken Tag 2. Nobody else is really clicking with me as I chose Armor before most of the cast whenever given a chance. So I'm kinda stuck in a character crisis right now.

Creaking

Let's not jump to conclusions yet, we don't know what's going to be part of paid DLC and part of the free DLC. Unless you think there's not going to be any free DLC.

Hopefully they'll talk a bit more about their plans at E3.

You're right, I am getting ahead of myself. For now it's an if. And I'll say I'm very skeptical about free DLC, as it hasn't actually been confirmed, just supposed out of a mention of support and updates.

I hope they prove me wrong, I really do. I'd love to be playing Tekken 7, but I know I'd be unhappy paying $60 for what it is right now.

People seem to be glancing over that. Didn't they claim, back when the season pass was announced, that they hadn't even started working on the DLC?

Like I said, if this is true, then Namco can go screw themselves. This practice is pathetic.

I really hope it isn't.

The price for long term support.

Nah, withholding content like that ain't right imo.

Obviously you hate money if you'd include it in the game.

Well, did they lie if this is already done content?

I'\d hate money but I'd also not be a total dick so...

To be fair, if we are only talking about a subset of costumes and not the whole, there doesn't seem to be much in the way of holding stuff back if it was already in the arcade. Like, sure, I don't expect literally every piece of customization from the arcade if it has way more, but it seems kinda slimy when the current options aren't as big as they were in previous games.

I guess we'll see if it's free or paid. I'd prefer most of the costumes be free with the exception of a few packs, on the basis that players have waited this long to get the game. Paying for Tekken Bowl is fine, because at least that is being built brand new.

It's gonna be a lot of disappointed people. I keep seeing this confusion in every Tekken thread around the way.

It's Tekken Bowl. Bowling. Not the Ball game with Gon from Tekken 3. :p

I mean if they charge me for that I will personally shit on Namco's doorstep.

AAK

Tekken 7 DLC files datamined (from reddit)

Both DLC characters have some placeholder files in the game

The first character has some sort of meter system like Eliza and Akuma (SF guest again?)

Swimsuits, Idolmaster cosplay, and school uniforms will be DLC (despite all already being in the arcade version)

Tekken Bowl is the $10 DLC game mode

All of the PS4's exclusive content is still in the data, hinting at either timed exclusivity or eventual DLC

Looks like the costumes missing from the Arcade release were indeed already on the disc. So much for expecting new outfits for DLC in the season pass.

I hella called it BTW.

Just finished story mode.

I liked it. I didn't like that they only used like a handful of characters. Although Lee stole the show, of course. ;)

Kinda funny that
Jin is unconscious for like the entire game lol

How do people deal with their mains not appearing in squeals? Armor King was my guy in 6 (he's been my boy since 2) and I ran with AK/Angel in Tekken Tag 2. Nobody else is really clicking with me as I chose Armor before most of the cast whenever given a chance. So I'm kinda stuck in a character crisis right now.

I just move onto someone else. I played AK and Jaycee in Tag 2 so I'm in the same boat. Right now I'm mainly using Kazumi and Dragunov. I wish I had a wave dash like AK, but my movement with Dragunov's CDC is close enough. Practicing iSW with them also helped a lot since both of them have good iWR moves.

If they had to push the game back because of a "lack of content" and it has this much (or this ltitle)...why do you think they had the time to add in all the customization? It's obvious it's a time aspect more than anything. You're acting like I'm saying it was impossible but I've been saying for the longest time it's a time aspect. It's the same reason why I said all the modes weren't in even though they've stated that it would have everything you'd "expect out of a console Tekken title". If you don't get that then shit, God bless.

I hope you don't actually believe this because it's insanely stupid.
They didn't switch engines, they didn't rebuild what they had, they didn't go back 50 builds for their release candidate.
There is no "adding in" of content, because the content is already in and has been in ever since they, well, put it in.

What this is, is literally removing them, as in actually putting in more work than just leaving them in the most recent build of game.

Is there a way to unlock the Taiko no Tatsujin drum accessory? I've seen it in some arcade videos and to be honest, it's the only thing I really want.

Two Words

What the actual fuck is King's rolling move that I could not escape from.

Rolling Death Cradle. King's chain throws are breakable, but you have to learn the breaks. I'd just learn how to break Rolling Death Cradle, King's Bridge and the chain that leads to Screwdriver. Those are the three most common chain throws used.

Deps

Unless you really liked AK because of how he looks, a character crisis in Tekken makes no sense to me. All the characters play very similar, its more of a systems game. You can probably replicate w/e you were doing with AK with most characters.

King also inherited some of AK's key moves.

SUPARSTARX

Am I the only Nina player here that likes to step on people's body with d+3+4 after winning?

Whats the deal with 10-strings and why are they never used in high level play?

They have gaps in them and can be avoided. I think the rule of thumb is the first few are usually a mid to some highs or highs to highs, then goes into lows and mids. The 5th or 6th one is usually the low, so you can parry them and punish.

Top Bottom