• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 |OT| How I killed your mother

Is this game good? I haven't played Tekken since Tag Tourney at the PS2 launch.

Yes its very good because it has story content (Weried Japaneese story telling, Narrator that is hilariously no feeling, good and fun Drama, silly, ridiculous, and WTF story moments. It works becuase the game doesn't take itself too seriously in the story)

But where the game does take it self SUPER serious and SHINES is the gameplay. Has to be some of the best fighting gameplay in a long time. It's so good.

Learning thsi game with Eliza after coming from SF has been an interestingly difficult experience. I really love playing her and things are kinda coming together after like 10 hrs of smashing my head against the wall!

I'm really jealous of anyone that already has that 15 important moves things filled out :< guess it's my fault for picking dlc character as a main lol

I got a list together for new players hopefully this helps:

Resources for new players:

Character overviews:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nbewxse8DlI

Top ten points for new players from other fighting games:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onfgm7ifwhQ

Website(s)
Tekkenzaibatsu . Com
Shoryken . Com
Top 15 moves for each character: https://drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/

How sidestepping works, its a video for Tekken 6 but still applies to Tekken 7.
https://youtu.be/wuLhI7Co8CA

Also youtube "Level up your game" 80%+ of the Tekken 6 stuff will be applicable to T7.
Also youtube Basic to Pro: https://youtu.be/JxSzUSeYtkU

How do people deal with their mains not appearing in squeals? Armor King was my guy in 6 (he's been my boy since 2) and I ran with AK/Angel in Tekken Tag 2. Nobody else is really clicking with me as I chose Armor before most of the cast whenever given a chance. So I'm kinda stuck in a character crisis right now.

Yea Lea Wu Long is my main... So this one hurts. But its an opportunity to have fun learning someone new. The new characters are a blast. Take it as an opportunity to learn a character you always thought might be cool from afar. (This also just makes you a better well rounded player)

This is my first Tekken game. I play a lot of Street Fighter so consider me confused as fuck.

LMAO so funny but I've been there. Check out some of the resource I posted above, they help. And dont worry both are great games, I personally feel jumping between SF/Marvel and Tekken is the best of both worlds in fighters.

About to throw my controller out the fucking window. Online is so difficult for newbies :c

When you play a online match with another player who about your skill level you need to friend that player. Get a few online friends who are around your skill level then those are the people you can make lobbies with, as you can grow together. Or find an OG Tekken player, vast majority of OG players always want to teach new players how to play. It makes us useful. Lol

I hope you don't actually believe this because it's insanely stupid.
They didn't switch engines, they didn't rebuild what they had, they didn't go back 50 builds for their release candidate.
There is no "adding in" of content, because the content is already in and has been in ever since they, well, put it in.

What this is, is literally removing them, as in actually putting in more work than just leaving them in the most recent build of game.

Dude I have to agree with the other poster. You just pumping negativity over and over. I'm not saying dont post your opinion. We get it, but you said you peace like 2,3,4 etc times already. We get it you dont like XXX aspects of the game. Please move on.

Why beat this dead horse for you? Or why create a toxic environment in this thread? You already represented your views. And no need to act like an elected representative of all the I-dont-like-this-game-crowed. We get it you said your peace.

Can you let the people who are enjoying the game and the thread continue enjoying it? Again I'm all for you giving your opinions, but after the 2,3,4th time... it gets old.

Dude I have to agree with the other poster. You just pumping negativity over and over. I'm not saying dont post your opinion. We get it, but you said you peace like 2,3,4 etc times already. We get it you dont like XXX aspects of the game. Please move on.

Why beat this dead horse for you? Or why create a toxic environment in this thread? You already represented your views. And no need to act like an elected representative of all the I-dont-like-this-game-crowed. We get it you said your peace.

Can you let the people who are enjoying the game and the thread continue enjoying it? Again I'm all for you giving your opinions, but after the 2,3,4th time... it gets old.

Uhh what? That's the very first reply I made to that poster, wtf are you talking about?

cordy

Banned
I hope you don't actually believe this because it's insanely stupid.
They didn't switch engines, they didn't rebuild what they had, they didn't go back 50 builds for their release candidate.
There is no "adding in" of content, because the content is already in and has been in ever since they, well, put it in.

What this is, is literally removing them, as in actually putting in more work than just leaving them in the most recent build of game.

?

What's "stupid" is you jumping to conclusions towards the actual content without any knowledge of what it truly is yet. All we have is some info towards datamining and that's it. Secondly, where did I say they "switched engines towards the arcade to the console port" and where did I say "they have to rebuild" like you're bringing up? You saying "what this is is them-" without us knowing anything is kinda ridiculous. You can't really call my comments "stupid" when nobody knows what this truly entails yet.

That's childish bruh.

?

What's "stupid" is you jumping to conclusions towards the actual content without any knowledge of what it truly is yet. All we have is some info towards datamining and that's it. Secondly, where did I say they "switched engines towards the arcade to the console port" and where did I say "they have to rebuild" like you're bringing up? You saying "what this is is them-" without us knowing anything is kinda ridiculous. You can't really call my comments "stupid" when nobody knows what this truly entails yet.

That's childish bruh.

I never said you said any of that. What you said it was a time issue, but that's not how development works, it can only be a time issue if any of those things I listed are the case, otherwise it takes more time actually removing them.

Xevren

Watching Aris connect to people like he is on ps4 is making me all kinds of butthurt. I can't get matches at all ><

Whats the deal with 10-strings and why are they never used in high level play?

As others have said, predictable at high levels of play.

But also 10 strings can surprise a player(s) who never seen them, so they are fun to do on the right player. Lol

More importantly 10 stings are a weaker option to "Custom" string characters that can string together a custome set of their own moves. Like hoarwang can basically put his own custom string together. Beak Do San was also another who could.... but he's not in this game. Might be other customer string character but i cant think of anymore...?

37 hours with this game and I still haven't played story mode.

I know, i played 20 minutes of story, but the practice mode and exploration of each character is sooooo darn good and deep, i might be able to put 60 hours before i get to the story mode. I'm on 20+ hours of other modes... But I want to finish that story too... WHY DO I HAVE A JOB?!?!

How do you find a way to justify every bullshit move these guys make? I honestly can't comprehend it.

Here's a question: Why couldn't they put every customization from the arcade version into the home version? Was there a magic spell preventing them from doing so?
Nobody wants to admit they got jerked on release so everything gets justified. Wait about 6 months to a year before you can see actual criticism.

Tekken Bowl for $10. Good lord.

Perineum

Watching Aris connect to people like he is on ps4 is making me all kinds of butthurt. I can't get matches at all ><

I tried not doing warm up and found matches. Try messing around with it to see if that works for you.

But yeah, he gets matches no issue.

Keep it down, will ya?!

Salex_

Okay never mind, Chloe's Left Twist stance is actually useful. When she says "1" you can input any of the 1 (left punch) follow-ups and it'll instantly come out. If the low from entering the stance hits, your opponent will get hit by all 1 follow-ups if they press a button.

She's quickly becoming one of my favorite characters.

Yeah, I have no idea how he's getting matches. I'm gonna put my tinfoil on and say Namco is doing something to connect his matches.

Xevren

I tried not doing warm up and found matches. Try messing around with it to see if that works for you.

But yeah, he gets matches no issue.

Keep it down, will ya?!

I've tried both so many times, I have NEVER gotten into a ranked match. Even player matches I just get connection lost all the damn time.

cordy

Banned
I never said you said any of that. What you said it was a time issue, but that's not how development works, it can only be a time issue if any of those things I listed are the case, otherwise it takes more time actually removing them.

?

Dude, my point was that we have no idea what this is yet because we've got little details so considering that nobody can say anything is "stupid" or make concrete comments towards it. Me, you, no one else knows what this is so to make comments toward someone being "stupid" and actually getting upset about datamining without full details is what's ridiculous. That's the whole point of me responding to it in the first place.

?

Dude, my point was that we have no idea what this is yet because we've got little details so considering that nobody can say anything is "stupid" or make concrete comments towards it. Me, you, no one else knows what this is so to make comments toward someone being "stupid" and actually getting upset about datamining without full details is what's ridiculous. That's the whole point of me responding to it in the first place.

No you literally said these items weren't in because it was a time issue and they didn't have enough time to add them all in. If you actually read my post you'd realise that is what I was replying to. I'm not upset about anything, just replying to your ridiculous reasoning of why the arcade swimsuits aren't in the game proper.

Man, I love this game so much. I'm glad it's finally out.

I played for what felt like forever with someone and I enjoyed every second of it. Already 27 hours in and I haven't even finished the special story episode, and I only did one character story. I've been spending my time in training, drilling for things I'll drop in real matches anyway, and spending a long time in customization. Fun stuff.

Speaking of that special story episode... how do you beat
Akuma's rage art? I thought jumping would do it, but it's not. Am I just jumping too early?

?

To be fair. you did come off in that post towards Creaking as if you knew it was a time issue.

But I think Ryuu's point is that they aren't building a game from the ground up. It's the arcade version with a bunch of content stacked on it, so they would have to remove the pieces of DLC actively , which takes more work than simply leaving it in during the process.

alright anyways, so that datamine thread reveals that the first guest character's got a meter like Akuma and Eliza, so...the possibility is still there that it is Kiryu, and they got him there with his heat bar.

when are they gonna tell us who it is?!

alright anyways, so that datamine thread reveals that the first guest character's got a meter like Akuma and Eliza, so...the possibility is still there that it is Kiryu, and they got him there with his heat bar.

when are they gonna tell us who it is?!

Maybe E3? It's either

Kiryu
Geese
Some shitty character nobody wanted smashed into Tekken

Lord let it be 1 or 2

The Idolmaster stuff isn't surprising if you looked at the arcade mode credits, there are a few mentions and logos of it lol. Also Harada/many others at the company being a fan of one of the characters and all. Idol master makes it into everything Namco Bandai owns heh.

Maybe E3? It's either

Kiryu
Geese
Some shitty character nobody wanted smashed into Tekken

Lord let it be 1 or 2
hey! you're right. E3 is right around the corner, T7 just dropped, so it makes perfect sense to reveal this Christmas DLC content.

Also, no disrespect to all y'all SNK fans but I sincerely believe Kiryu is the best fit for this slot..

while i enjoyed it, i've got some gripes about the story. but i'll save that shit for the other thread

anyways, somebody asked above how to beat
akuma in the special chapter
- if anyone's got an answer i'd like to know too =]

Hellix

rRwLO7B.jpg

367 wins and I am finally a tekken god

cordy

Banned
No you literally said these items weren't in because it was a time issue and they didn't have enough time to add them all in. If you actually read my post you'd realise that is what I was replying to. I'm not upset about anything, just replying to your ridiculous reasoning of why the arcade swimsuits aren't in the game proper.

?

If you disagree with my comments? You can disagree with it. My whole point is nobody knew what all was found with the datamining nor how much of that content's included so any comments towards that, good or bad, nobody really knows and that also includes my own. We're all guessing here. Nobody should be getting bent out of shape about this since we don't have the details. You can be upset about my opinions why the game ships the way it did all you want, that's not the point of my post nor does that change anything I've said towards it. Overall I stick by that. You can call it "ridiculous" and "stupid" all you want, it's just childish to get mad over someone's opinion towards something even if you disagree with it. It's not even that serious.

To be fair. you did come off in that post towards Creaking as if you knew it was a time issue.

But I think Ryuu's point is that they aren't building a game from the ground up. It's the arcade version with a bunch of content stacked on it, so they would have to remove the pieces of DLC actively , which takes more work than simply leaving it in during the process.

I've been saying the whole issue with this game and how it shipped has been a time issue for the longest and I stay by that but the point of my post was that nobody needs to get bent out of shape until we get the real details of what's in there. Dudes are in that other thread thinking it's all going to be paid DLC when we have no idea what's going on. That's the definitely of jumping in the gun. We're also not sure how they're working the arcade version to console version either considering there's more than these costumes missing and yet before this, nobody else commented on that.

Needless to say, they're doing a lot more with this title port-wise than previous entries in the series. An example is with the characters that were supposedly "console exclusive" and now they're coming to arcades according to an arcade datamine. Who really knows with these guys.

kazuya's flying kick goes over fireballs and is pretty safe on block, his backwards teleport evades akuma's focus attack, if you get to far away just start sidewalking until you're close enough to do a flying kick, keep doing it until you hit him and then back off a bit and repeat, once he gets to 50% health you'll want to watch out for the focus attack because you'll instantly die if you get hit by it at that point, just teleport backwards so it whiffs and nail him with a flying kick.

Perineum

while i enjoyed it, i've got some gripes about the story. but i'll save that shit for the other thread

Block a move of his, and punish with the L1 shortcut to do free EWGF x 4. Fireballs are dodged by side stepping. That's about all it takes.

Just being patient. Oh and in the end use your rage art to beat his. Mash R1.

DKL

Rolling Death Cradle. King's chain throws are breakable, but you have to learn the breaks. I'd just learn how to break Rolling Death Cradle, King's Bridge and the chain that leads to Screwdriver. Those are the three most common chain throws used.

I've gotten hit by this, actually.

I think Aris or someone talked about how to break them, but I'm too lazy to check :v

kazuya's flying kick goes over fireballs and is pretty safe on block, his backwards teleport evades akuma's focus attack, if you get to far away just start sidewalking until you're close enough to do a flying kick, keep doing it until you hit him and then back off a bit and repeat, once he gets to 50% health you'll want to watch out for the focus attack because you'll instantly die if you get hit by it at that point, just teleport backwards so it whiffs and nail him with a flying kick.

Block a move of his, and punish with the L1 shortcut to do free EWGF x 4. Fireballs are dodged by side stepping. That's about all it takes.

Just being patient. Oh and in the end use your rage art to beat his. Mash R1.

thank you gentlemen, i will try these out and whoop his ass tomorrow

Top Bottom