• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Location Tests: May 16 - 22

great shit AAK. Even with all the vids I've seen today Im still most excited about having 4 slots for customization now. Not sure if this is old or not but I think I saw a new Lili string. Looked like the input might be ws1,2,4.

@MoonsaultSlayer Ive been wanting that forever. I need Kaz's tekken 2 fit with the jeans and whiteshirt with the devil on the back.

AAK said:
-Pricing has been announced:
Delux Cab is 4,180,000 yen
Delux Kit is 2,380,000 yen
PCB: 698,000 yen

- Banapass card is going to be 300 yen. But it holds all the player data so..this is more economical in the long run:

This is why Arcades don't exist in America. $51,608.12 for a computer, case, speakers, and a TV?
$8,617 for just the cartridge? Stop it. I'll buy it on a CD for $60 thanks.

Why does this stuff cost so much?

fudgey_lumpkins said:
This is why Arcades don't exist in America. $51,608.12 for a computer, case, speakers, and a TV?
$8,617 for just the cartridge? Stop it. I'll buy it on a CD for $60 thanks.

Why does this stuff cost so much?
Yeah the prices are goofy.

Although there's something to be said for the entire arcade experience (get dressed, leave your house, drive some distance, pay each play, less people locally around there than online, operating hours) contributing to the death of US arcades.

There's also nothing in most fighting games that "keeps" them in arcades outside of the exclusivity period. Compared to racing games with full cockpits and multiple monitors, DDR, and other large specialized hardware games.

Consoles killed arcades with all the benefits they have over them.

sn00zer

Everytime I enter a fighting game thread I'm always hoping for people discussing the characters or story or environments or graphic, but all im left with is fighting game lingo

Kimosabae

Banned
sn00zer said:
Everytime I enter a fighting game thread I'm always hoping for people discussing the characters or story or environments or graphic, but all im left with is fighting game lingo

I want to be snarky and condescending to you.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
sn00zer said:
This CG cutscene pretty much sums up the story of Tekken in one neat package.

MightyKAC

_dementia said:
Does TTT2 not have Rage or something?

Rage was replaced in TTT2 by the netsu power up system. Although I really didn't mind the rage mechanic. My hatred for T6 was for a bunch of things, but not that.

BadWolf

Looks like they have a nice damage scaling system in place now.

Very impressed with the game overall based on the vids.

UnluckyKate said:
Jinpachi is a new character ? I played so few Tekken 6 that I can't remember if he already was in.
Jinpachi was an unplayable boss character in Tekken 5 and Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection

_dementia said:
Jinpachi was an unplayable boss character in Tekken 5 and Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection

Yeah, I remember that. But he seems playable in TTT2 so it's the first time in the series, right ?

.la1n

_dementia said:

He was playable in the PS3 version of Tekken 5: DR

edit: beaten as usual

AAK

hteng said:
what's the point in nerfing lars's f 1+2, it's already unsafe and has shitty range in T6.

It was one of the greatest whiff punishers in the game considering its damage and the stun it inflicted.

jett said:
This looks pretty faptastic. I hope Namco gets a clue and releases this on consoles soon.
Summer 2012 at the earliest would be my guess.

November 2011 is the arcade release. SF x TK is Spring 2012, and they probably want to avoid that window for fear of cannibalizing sales.

jett

D-Member
_dementia said:

November 2011 is the arcade release. SF x TK is Spring 2012, and they probably want to avoid that window for fear of cannibalizing sales.

Late 2012 is too late. :| And I don't give a single fuck about Capcom's cheap ass job on SFxT.

LowParry

_dementia said:

2012. Year of the Tekken :D

LowParry

Wait. 2012. Soul Calibur 5. SF vs Tekken. Tekken Tag Tournament 2. Goddamn. Hyped. There any other fighters coming out in 2012?

Top Bottom