• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Location Tests: May 16 - 22

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Master Thespian said:
I hate major nerfs, even for the really strong. Just make everyone strong and release that beast into the wild.
Making everyone broken is the traditional Namco way of balancing the game.

GrayFoxPL said:
There are tons of videos online, not possible to watch them all. You'll lose track.

It was just few days and people are getting so good at Tag combos. At first it was all missed juggles, but give them 2 days and they're doing amazing shit.

The dirt mechanic looks really fantastic and funny. It's not subtle at all. There's Dust, mud and water.
ldmaxi is planning on upping three hours worth of footage a day until it's over.

Man, Tekken 6 was drab as fuck. That said, I'd love for Lightning Storm to make another appearance. Also, hour one day three is up. This doesn't feel like a loketest, lol. Loketest footage is supposed to be 12 seconds from a sideways camera in someone's lap before they have to hide it again.

Master Thespian said:
Man, Tekken 6 was drab as fuck. That said, I'd love for Lightning Storm to make another appearance. Also, hour one day three is up. This doesn't feel like a loketest, lol. Loketest footage is supposed to be 12 seconds from a sideways camera in someone's lap before they have to hide it again.
Anything to get peoples minds off MK?

I'd like a regular ol' arcade mode vs the CPU where I didn't have to fight XxNamcocmaNxX with Jin in pink with an Afro, a dog hanging from his pocket with feather earrings on his nipples.

MoonsaultSlayer said:
Anything to get peoples minds off MK?

I'd like a regular ol' arcade mode vs the CPU where I didn't have to fight XxNamcocmaNxX with Jin in pink with an Afro, a dog hanging from his pocket with feather earrings on his nipples.
Don't get me wrong, I'm loving it.

And agreed with you about the customs. I wish I had the option to turn it off when I play online. And I'd really like a versus CPU mode where I can just select who I want to fight against like T5DR for PSP.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Not sure if everyone knows. I'm a big Tekken fan and a big part of the competitive Tekken scene.

I've been playing Mortal Kombat for the last few weeks since it came out. I got pretty good at it too. When the TTT2 vids came out. I feel like (in my mind), Mortal Kombat who? I dropped it. I played Tekken 6 practice mode last night for 3 hours lol.

This happened back in the day too when Mortal Kombat: Deception came out then Tekken 5.0 hit arcades. I was DONE and DONE.

MarkMan said:
Not sure if everyone knows. I'm a big Tekken fan and a big part of the competitive Tekken scene.

I've been playing Mortal Kombat for the last few weeks since it came out. I got pretty good at it too. When the TTT2 vids came out. I feel like (in my mind), Mortal Kombat who? I dropped it. I played Tekken 6 practice mode last night for 3 hours lol.

This happened back in the day too when Mortal Kombat: Deception came out then Tekken 5.0 hit arcades. I was DONE and DONE.
It's a shame you don't have what it takes to handle more than one fighting game at a time.

;)

AAK

MarkMan said:

Ever since the TTT2 vids resurfaced (specifically the Arcade intro), the Ottawa Ranbat tournaments that mainly center on Marvel and SSF4 have decided to give T6 a slot in their next session :)

I'll be there to represent!

BTW you lucky bastard, you get to have a Christie/Eddy team! Think about it, don't be CHEAP! :p

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Slamtastic said:
It's a shame you don't have what it takes to handle more than one fighting game at a time.

;)

haha. I play everything. :)

But I only love TEKKEN. ;)

Sounds like my taste in women :x

MarkMan said:
haha. I play everything. :)

But I only love TEKKEN. ;)

Sounds like my taste in women :x
Jack of all trades, master of...

I'll stop trolling you. I know you're legit at most games. You'd certainly beat me easily.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
So what changes were made to Wang? I hated what they did to him in T6...but then again I hated most of the changes they made in the game. One of the reason I could never enjoy 6...even though I loved 5 and still consider it the best in the series.

Also, what about Nina?

Baron Aloha said:
So what changes were made to Wang? I hated what they did to him in T6...but then again I hated most of the changes they made in the game. One of the reason I could never enjoy 6...even though I loved 5 and still consider it the best in the series.

Also, what about Nina?

They better enhance Nina and Anna some more. :p It seems like Nina received a few new moves and animations.

AAK

I'm just bumping this to show Theater10's progress with the Tag Assaults.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M35K7sh6iKI

The combinations seem pretty much endless. Watching that is really getting me pumped!

And the footage is terrible because he has to hide his camera... Arcades in Japan don't allow any filming.

GrayFoxPL

AAK said:
I'm just bumping this to show Theater10's progress with the Tag Assaults.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M35K7sh6iKI

The combinations seem pretty much endless. Watching that is really getting me pumped!

And the footage is terrible because he has to hide his camera... Arcades in Japan don't allow any filming.

God forbid free advertising.
Koreans don't give a shit, direct feed that fucker!

AAK

So apparently Arcades outside Japan/Korea will be getting Tekken Tag Tournament 2 in December. Namco needs the extra time to set up the BanaPassport card system for all the other countries. And Namco is refusing to sell the Japanese PCB's outside of Japan.

Thanks to yiggs from TZ.

(sigh) Corporate shills ruining things once again :/

abstract alien said:
HOLY SHIT at the fishing stage at the 39:00 mark! Gorgeous doesn't even begin to describe it!

Looks even better in Direct feed ;)

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Going back in this thread a little...

_dementia said:
Summer 2012 at the earliest would be my guess.

November 2011 is the arcade release. SF x TK is Spring 2012, and they probably want to avoid that window for fear of cannibalizing sales.
... but Soulcalibur V is supposed to be released next year too, what about that?

TreIII

twinturbo2 said:
Going back in this thread a little...

... but Soulcalibur V is supposed to be released next year too, what about that?

SCV I can see coming out earlier in the year. Spring 2012 at the earliest, Summer 2012 at the very latest.

And the way that Namco loves to get as much money out of their arcade division as possible, I wouldn't be surprised if TTT2 doesn't get a console release until Fall 2012. Maybe even Winter 2012, since there would likely be no reason to release TTT2 on consoles while SCV is serving its purpose.

MrDenny

AAK said:
So apparently Arcades outside Japan/Korea will be getting Tekken Tag Tournament 2 in December.
Ehh, I hope this won't delay the console launch too much.
This was suppose to release in summer in arcades right?

AAK just wanna say I really appreciate all the info and links you have been providing. The first few days of the location tests I was on top of things watching as many videos as I could and actively reading the forums at zaibatsu. However the past 2 days I've lost track but you posted some good stuff that I might have otherwise missed out on.

That tag throw rock bottom is epic. Jun is looking like a lot fun. She seems different enough from Asuka to keep things fresh. Her ws 2,1? looks like it might be a decent ws punisher. She has a nice ass too =)

Jinpachi is looking very nice as well. I hope his alternate outfit or customizations include a suit and fedora. Nothing better than a badass old dude pimped out in a suit.

AAK

devastatorprime said:
AAK just wanna say I really appreciate all the info and links you have been providing. The first few days of the location tests I was on top of things watching as many videos as I could and actively reading the forums at zaibatsu. However the past 2 days I've lost track but you posted some good stuff that I might have otherwise missed out on.

Pleasure was all mine. ;)

After the OP crashed, I've been assisting the users over at TekkenZaibatsu with compiling all the info. Mainly, a list of which characters are represented in whichever video. Once that's taken care of, I'll post it here.

devastatorprime said:
Arcade release was pushed back to November after the earthquake.

Rumor has it that the release date for Japan was moved up to October... but I'll just leave that as a rumor for now. Then again, first releases of Tekken don't mean much, there will be a truck-load of patches for network stability and balance in the first few weeks of it's release just like 6.0.

EDIT: I just came across this gem on Rip's website:

Tekken Tag 2 Style - Tekken 6 - Tag Team Combo Video

Tekken Tag 2 Style - Tekken 6 - Tag Team Combo Video Part 2

Top Bottom