• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tequila Works reaquired the rights to RiME

Oneself

Oh well, I guess it's better than the cancellation I began to expect. It probably won't be very good though if Sony dropped it after investing money on the project.

PSOreo

Am I miss-remembering or was RiME originally on Xbox as well and got passed to Sony or am I thinking of another title? Either way this doesn't sound good, they were acting like a release date was imminent and now this.

John Wick

Not cool Sony, not cool!
Never saw anything like that before. I guess big opening for MS to save the project.

Not cool in what way? You expect results and when they aren't forthcoming you walk away.
Do you expect them to back it indefinitely???

I want to be hyped for the game as it looks beautiful and the description was tantalizing, but I'm skeptical. If they had trouble with Sony that sucks for them. I really hope they realize their ambition and the game is great.

dEvAnGeL

i remember i read a few months back some info on Spanish about the game being a mess and that sony was looking in to dropping it if the dev didn't show any progress, people called that fake, seems they were right

Hope they can secure funding and get the game out at some point.

It's the one Playstation exclusive that looked compelling to me, so seeing this potentially be on other platforms would be great if everything works out for TW.

Ydelnae

Well, they were hiring people not long ago and the PR manager has said that now there are more people at the studio trying to make Rime happen. I will give them the benefit of doubt, but if they start releasing actual footage and the game looks like a mess and nothing like the target trailer, it will be clear what happened.

- "how are things at the Rime team now your publisher dropped it after 3 years of work and having nothing to show for it?"

- "things are going just fine"

giphy-1-10.gif

I guess the game could be OK but Sony dropped it for other reasons. Like.. didnt SCE originally fund Remember Me but dropped it early on? That game wasn't a dumpster fire or anything. Remember Me wasnt in development hell for years though

The_Lump

Banned
Can't wait for 6 months down the line when Nintendo rescues this from development oblivion.

Srsly tho. Looking forward to this on PC hopefully!

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Tequila's PR man is saying that they are having a good laugh with this thread in their Whatsapp group. Instead of laughing you could shed some light so people don't spread "misinformation", don't you think?

They have jack shit to show after 3 years of funding. Probably laughing about how much money they wasted before Sony finally wised up.

Agreed. Tactless clowning at this point.

Tweet deleted, lol.

The level of professionalism on display is amazing at this studio.

-Nothing to show after three years of Sony money.
-Studio founder publicly comparing publisher to Stephen Fry's character in Blackadder Goes Forth back in Oct on twitter.
-PR man deleting own tweet.

Dragun619

In short, after 3 years of funding, they had no game, or not even 1/2 a game to show for it.

Well, damn, If that's true, Sony was hella patient with these guys, but yea, you gotta ask like wtf goin on over there. Why haven't they shown anything yet.

Damn. I knew it was odd for MS to pass on the game, when that first trailer reveal looked so good.

KooopaKid

Banned
This studio had one of the worst PR I've seen. How hard it is the give regular updates?
Was it Sony forbidding them to give updates while they were under contract?

Zojirushi

Well, damn, If that's true, Sony was hella patient with these guys, but yea, you gotta ask like wtf goin on over there. Why haven't they shown anything yet.

Damn. I knew it was odd for MS to pass on the game, when that first trailer reveal looked so good.

I mean that was pretty much during the time when Sony were busting their asses to get indie guys on board, so that game must've looked like it would fit into their portfolio perfectly.

FelipeMGM

The worst thing about the ''laughing'' situation is that the majority of the people in this thread are sad because we were looking forward to the game.

So these people are not only not addressing shit, but are also mocking their fans in a way? Jesus, that is just the worst PR position I've have ever seen.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The worst thing about the ''laughing'' situation is that the majority of the people in this thread are sad because we were looking forward to the game.

So these people are not only not addressing shit, but are also mocking their fans in a way? Jesus, that is just the worst PR position I've have ever seen.

Yep, I thought Bethesda was bad, but no, this takes the cake.

CrisKre

Sony was clearly in the know here guys. Specifically showing footage to pass off as gameplay on a game show and not specifying so is not kosher. They founded the damn game and bought the ip rights. I hate this type of deceit to customers. Its disrespectful. Im sure they hoped and expected a quality product, but this has been handled horribly by everyone involved.

marmoka

Banned
Tequila's PR man is saying that they are having a good laugh with this thread in their Whatsapp group. Instead of laughing you could shed some light so people don't spread "misinformation", don't you think?

Considering all the negative feedback here, because of how the development went these years, i would be worried rather than laughing. I would say the hype dropped and people lost all expectations. At least I did.

Ash735

Sometimes developers, have no Rime, and no reason, even if we try to be cool, at the strangest times, games can make a connection, if you trust your heart to choose.

Minions

Definitely puts it on my wait for reviews list. Game looked amazing (art style), but it seemed to have a lack of direction on how to turn it into an actual game.

I think you guys are taking this out of hand.

They are laughing at the misconception in this thread, at least from their perspective. I'm sure they have their side of the story and see it differently. No need to say the PR guy needs to lose his job

Justinh

Man, this sucks. I remember really feeling the way this looked in that teaser they showed back in the day.

"Tequila works" sounds like an ominous warning now.

"Tequila works, don't drink and dev."

"How can I bury this hype that I had for this game?"

A:____

Nanashrew

Banned
Kinda depressing. I was pretty hyped for this game cause it reminded me of bits of ICO and bits of Wind Waker and that's rad.

Kinda curious how things may wind up now.

Top Bottom