• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tequila Works reaquired the rights to RiME

I might not agree, but it is hilarious. No arguing with that logic.

My point is they need to have a finished game (may have bug, bad gameplay or whatever) so they can release it. Rime in this case it's just a concept that had changed gameplay many times (tower defense, MOBA) and they still try to get what they showed in unveil trailer. They need to have a clear goal about Rime
Edit: all things I said was based on rumors in this thread

Feels like things haven't gone so well for Sony published games this generation. Knack and Killzone were turds. Santa Monica's big project cancelled. The Last Guardian dragging on forever. DriveClub fiasco. The Order turning out to be terrible. And now they lose Rime, one of their most highly anticipated games. The only shining light has been Bloodborne.

Calm down. I wanted to reply to the original post, failed quoting and so on. My bad.

Good thing you told me to calm down. I was seething with anger, clearly.

No matter who you were replying to though, I can't imagine a discussion comparing the merits of TO1886 and Rime going anywhere enlightening.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
At least The Order was a graphical showcase. Rime looked good, Sure, but not that good besides artdesign.
Art style > pure tech. To me Rime looks (looked) better than The Order.

I'm really saddened by the whole thing. This was one of my most wanted games and now it'll likely get cancelled.
Feels like things haven't gone so well for Sony published games this generation. Knack and Killzone were turds. Santa Monica's big project cancelled. The Last Guardian dragging on forever. DriveClub fiasco. The Order turning out to be terrible. And now they lose Rime, one of their most highly anticipated games. The only shining light has been Bloodborne.
U4 comes out in a couple of months you know.

lherre

Accurate

I like Knack and Driveclub (only fiasco was the launch, the game is amazing right now). Killzone is mediocre (but pretty). I like the Order, a sequel will be perfect with some changes (bue I think we won't have one).

dracula_x

Tearaway Unfolded, Gravity Rush, Resogun, Until Dawn, Helldivers, Infamous Second Son though. They published a lot of good games this gen too.

Art style > pure tech. To me Rime looks (looked) better than The Order.

I'm really saddened by the whole thing. This was one of my most wanted games and now it'll likely get cancelled.

U4 comes out in a couple of months you know.

Yeah, hopefully that will be the end of the bad run. ND are always dependable and I love their games. I think GT Sport is going to be another disappointment though and I have reservations about Horizon. As far as new IP go, this gen has been really poor for Sony.

Kudo

Shame it didn't work out, but if that CGI sham is real then I don't know what to believe, maybe better to ditch. Game looked real enough to even fool me.
Oh well, worthy sacrifice for The Last Guardian.

Guymelef

Feels like things haven't gone so well for Nintendo published games this generation: Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival, Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water, Devil's Third.

See how this works?

tolkir

Apparently not only politicians steal public money in Spain. Now even citizens do that, apart of cheating big companies.

Enough of this. This game was in my list of games to buy in the future. Now I'm not even watching the new trailers. Fuck this shit.

Politicians are a reflection of the citizens. Film industry has been doing this years and nobody did anything to fix it.

Kain

Politicians are a reflection of the citizens. Film industry has been doing this years and nobody did anything to fix it.

But... but... piracy... and... and...the internet and... let me live like a king while scamming the people damn it!

Outside Resogun and Bloodborne, Sony first party has been awful so far. And outside Alien Isolation and Witcher 3, third party ain't been shit yet either. Definitely off to a sloooooow start. But things look to be picking up with Uncharted and Mirror's Edge.

SuperMega

Neo Member

Well...WOW.
Not going to start a neverending political discussion here, but you just suggested that all Spanish devs are basically lazy, stealing dickheads, right? All based on unconfirmed, speculating comments?
I mean, I'm sure you are a nice guy and all and you made that comment out of pure rage for some reason (you're also Spanish, maybe?), but you need to understand that putting all game makers of a certain country in a bad position on a public forum full of videogame fans is potentially dangerous and very disrespecting for the local dev community.

Not cool, man.

What about until dawn? That game was cool. Infamous SS was good as well, far from awful.

Maybe "awful" was a bit too strong.

I thought Until Dawn was pretty good in it's own genre. Interactive fiction games don't really do it for me though, so it was one and done. I probably would have absolutely loved the shit out of the game if it was survival horror.

Infamous ran well, but was completely forgettable.

I expect the next round of first party stuff to be better.

(crosses "Rime" off of anticipated list)

Heh, seriously. I did the same thing. I don't see this game as being anything other than a lost cause at this point. If it ever does see the light of day, then it's probably going to be shit anyway. Quite depressing really considering how hyped I was for it at one point.

Still, at least Ueda, the master of this sort of thing, has his game still poised to come out, and it's probably going to be great. ABZU as well. Vane will hopefully be worth playing. They all soften the blow somewhat.

OKK

C'mon. Since when Rime was one of their [Sony's] most highly anticipated games?

Apathy

Probably a combination of how long it was taking and maybe that it was not that good. I really really hope it is good, wanted this for a while, but tw has been taking too long and we're probably close to an actual ICO spiritual successor coming out.

CaVaYeRo

Lherre didn't said anything about they canceling RiME and you cannot honestly believe that they would admit being bad at managing projects. As far I know from talking with devs RiME is getting finished and the heads are focused in a new project with additional devs.

Yep, didn't say otherwise. That was just their answer when asked about situation and leak.

But that's what Sony told this site.

This was expected at both Sony Spain and SCE, but it was the latter who handled the project. What Sony Spain learnt yesterday was about Tequila's announcement, same as everyone, but not about the split or the situation. That's what I mean :) Sony was ofc aware of everything, no eventual or shocking move Tequila's side. What makes me wonder why didn't they take the first official step.

CHC

I'm honestly so confused as to how this could have been a MOBA or a tower defense game at some point? What the fuck kind of process led from the initial reveal concept to THAT?

Sounds like they are just throwing darts at the board here.

tolkir

Well...WOW.
Not going to start a neverending political discussion here, but you just suggested that all Spanish devs are basically lazy, stealing dickheads, right? All based on unconfirmed, speculating comments?
I mean, I'm sure you are a nice guy and all and you made that comment out of pure rage for some reason (you're also Spanish, maybe?), but you need to understand that putting all game makers of a certain country in a bad position on a public forum full of videogame fans is potentially dangerous and very disrespecting for the local dev community.

Not cool, man.

I didn't suggest that. That's only your evil mind.

Spanish media is reporting that Sony were informed about this yesterday. Sounds like it was Tequila's decision to drop the partnership.

SCE commented to Gamespot that "SCE is no longer proprietary of the IP, nor publisher of the game.". Wouldn't that make them previously the IP's owner? If so it wouldn't be Tequila's choice to drop the partnership and still take Rime with them. Sony would have to relinquish it first and allow TW the opportunity to get it back.

otxfq8h.png

https://twitter.com/tequilaworks/status/710415425792843776

Yeah, they kind of have to keep working on Rime considering the amount of public funds that were handed over to them, the majority of which being a loan. We all are familiar how well loans from governments to game companies go over when said company doesn't deliver on the product promised :

Till now Sonys 1P has been disappointing. But big projects are coming soon. Btw don't forget infamous second son. It fared well against Titanfall hype.

Apathy

The last guardian actually has a release coming up. How are you blaming it on this generation when this generation is when it will come out. How about until dawn, conveniently forgotten I'm sure. If you want to talk about the order and rime, guess we can talk about helldivers, resogun, and any number of other Sony published games that didn't make your list.

Guymelef

So they had Crunch time in June, and promised more info in October. And we've seen nothing new? That's not a good look.

They said in 2014 that release was going to be 2015, date under Sony decission.
Maybe now that Sony isn't involved they can release the game next month.

My point is they need to have a finished game (may have bug, bad gameplay or whatever) so they can release it. Rime in this case it's just a concept that had changed gameplay many times (tower defense, MOBA) and they still try to get what they showed in unveil trailer. They need to have a clear goal about Rime
Edit: all things I said was based on rumors in this thread

Where has this MOBA rumour come from?! Sounds like total bollocks to me. No way did Sony show this as an Ico-style adventure, and then decide it would suit the market better as a MOBA.

Top Bottom