• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA: FoA |OT| F2P Now on Steam! Parade coming after HL3

Do EnMasse still have IP block on their TERA?
I really want to start a fresh journey on NA server, but they blocked some IPs from Asia the last time I checked.

Merun

Well just tried some of the new stuff. It's quite disorienting to jump back into this game. I stopped a bit before the Alliance patch IIRC and there is lots of little changes. My good old masterworked Regent disc is still one shoting stuff but the first quest reward is almost better orz. Still, it was fun.

Puru

It's pretty ok so far, enjoying the lancer.
I just wish they would have tried something else that the usual fetch quests.

Corgi

Banned
Unable to donwload manifest.

Oh now i remember why i quit. This bug happened to me a while back and i never bothered to fix it. had other things to play.

NeOak

Oh now i remember why i quit. This bug happened to me a while back and i never bothered to fix it. had other things to play.

I think you are better off redownloading the whole thing.

i sent a guild request.
my name is Geremy.Deisult

Accepted. It's still pretty inactive but you have invite power, so feel free to invite people to the guild that you play with.

EDarkness

Accepted. It's still pretty inactive but you have invite power, so feel free to invite people to the guild that you play with.

You guys still running the guild and stuff? I'm thinking about jumping back in. I was going to do it a few weeks ago, but I had that crappy "manifest" issue and didn't want to download the whole thing again. But I think I'll finally get off my ass and get it done. I wonder how the game has changed in the last year.

NeOak

You guys still running the guild and stuff? I'm thinking about jumping back in. I was going to do it a few weeks ago, but I had that crappy "manifest" issue and didn't want to download the whole thing again. But I think I'll finally get off my ass and get it done. I wonder how the game has changed in the last year.

Yeah, rebuilding.

And the Combat is the same. Community has more BRs. But the game is fun. I quit FFXIV and Destiny to come back to TERA o.o

NeOak

Do EnMasse still have IP block on their TERA?
I really want to start a fresh journey on NA server, but they blocked some IPs from Asia the last time I checked.

I checked:

Playing TERA outside of North America
The following regions and countries are able to access the En Masse North American Servers: North America, South America, Europe, Russia, Australia, New Zealand, the Philippines, Singapore, Malaysia, Micronesia, Melanesia, Polynesia, Northern Mariana Islands, Malta, Netherland Antilles, Israel, Cyprus, Turkey, and Georgia.

It is because TERA Taiwan is supposed to cover a lot of Asia, along with KTERA for Korea and JTERA for Japan.

Heck, even Russia may get blocked since TERA RU started Closed Beta recently. Who knows.

T.O.P

Banned

oh shieeet

now i remember what helped me stop playing lol

Kept getting that error for a week before i just stopped trying

NeOak

Awww, I have to wait until 2015 for it on Steam.

It is the same account. You can start now and get the Steam version later.

oh shieeet

now i remember what helped me stop playing lol

Kept getting that error for a week before i just stopped trying

yeah, the old launcher was S-H-I-T.

-----------

http://www.twitch.tv/areashin

Arc Engineer (Gunner) leveling in KTERA

Edit: Also note: New UI.
some more FPS ;-;

Edit 2: OH WOW. The Vanguard UI now helps leveling so much. You just click on teleport and it takes you to the place the mobs are. wow.

PsionBolt

This game's balance is out of whack. I can't even beat the first enemy. This demonic "Happy Cloud" creature is just too strong.

xqWWqGl.png

cool.

---

I now need to fix the UI because while big screen is awesome some elements just are too big or too small for me lol.

Oh man, downloading the game now. I remember having a lot of fun doing MCHM and KN20s... I think I stopped around the time that new dungeon came out with the giant caterpillar boss at the end.

I'm pretty sure my toons were on AV (had a 60 sorc, mystic, and something else...) thinking about transferring to TR to play with you guys but I'd lose all my slots and costumes that I bought right? Damn it...

NeOak

This game's balance is out of whack. I can't even beat the first enemy. This demonic "Happy Cloud" creature is just too strong.

xqWWqGl.png

Hmm:

http://support.enmasse.com/tera/the-happy-cloud

Maybe download the full client instead?

Doh. I just realized this morning. I was referring to Aman. Just made myself look silly.

:3

Oh man, downloading the game now. I remember having a lot of fun doing MCHM and KN20s... I think I stopped around the time that new dungeon came out with the giant caterpillar boss at the end.

I'm pretty sure my toons were on AV (had a 60 sorc, mystic, and something else...) thinking about transferring to TR to play with you guys but I'd lose all my slots and costumes that I bought right? Damn it...

If you transfer your characters? No. You'll have everything except maybe your names.

This game was so fun when I played...But my lancer never hit max level. The grind was too real.

They made it less grindy, and there are XP boosts. And with the Vanguard quests that teleport you right to where the mobs are, it is even less grindy.

Kansoku

I've been playing this since the beginning of the month, and it's really fun.
But man, this update screwed something up, because the game crashes constantly.
Crashed 3 times in a dungeon, and as soon as I entered a Battlegrounds match it crashed.

Syril

I always wondered how a game like this did the trinity roles when the fighting is patterned after an action game. Do the squishy classes just die in 1-2 hits or something?

It is the same account. You can start now and get the Steam version later.
I was going to wait for Steam, but I've finally decided to go ahead and download it and get back in the game. I miss my guild.

It took me a little time thinking about it, hehe.

Well, there goes my time for Mario Kart 8, and Super Mario 3D World, and Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, and Tales of Hearts R, and Tales of Xillia 2, and Valkyria Chronicles, and Super Mario Galaxy 2. And lots of other games I want to play more of...

Oh well...

Merun

Level 64. Tried the instance at level 61. I barely cut the ilvl requirement, 160, that is with my old gear. First two boss were easy, the 2 last... One shot death. Party killed the last one when the timer reached 0 lol.

Eventually I had to change my armours to get new stuff and enchant them. Enchanting to +9 was super easy, especially since I was sitting on a pile of fodder in my bank. But all the stuff I spent hours to get and enchant... /cry.

Also, EnMasse is offering 3 days of elite sub atm. If you are already lvl 60, then it's more than enough to reach lvl 65 in a day. So far, no crash, but damn teleport rubberbanding is still there. Must be my ping :/

Azull

Ok, I am getting back into this cause I LOVED the combat to death. Like this is what all mmo's should base their combat on cause how amazing it is. Anyone else just getting back in and wanna level together?

Z3M0G

I miss this game... sounds like time to jump back in. Though it looks like all new content is level 60+, and I never got there.

Merun

Elin is the master race. Even En Masse is putting them forward now. Best design, best animation, shortest cast time for Elin sorcerer, smallest hitbox even after normalization, more classes and costume than the other. It's no contest lol.

Edit: there is the Believe guild on Tempest Reach which neoak is trying to revive

I'm downloading the game, hopefully the launcher works this time around. Is there any class that is recommended for someone playing solo? I had a level 30 lancer or something but I might start a new character.

yaffi

I'm downloading the game, hopefully the launcher works this time around. Is there any class that is recommended for someone playing solo? I had a level 30 lancer or something but I might start a new character.

You can solo pretty much anything with whatever class you choose. But I remember Slayer to be particularly useful.

cilonen

Oh God. It's back.

I've been waiting for the northern continent and a level expansion since about the third month after launch.

I think I might dive in again. I hit a wall and left to try the PvP server last time but EnMasse wanted money to change servers so I just... never logged on again.

Nekofrog

Banned
are archers still the red headed step children of TERA?

it's been a long time but didn't the archer's dash back not have any invul frames while every other classes did?

I'm downloading the torrent for the game. It's at 63% now.

I tried logging in as well in the meantime.. it's been so long that I forgot my password and my security question... I hope things will be okay...

I tried contacting customer support and got a ticket. Hopefully I'll be able to get my account back...

Azull

Damn they changed a ton in this game since I've played! Half of the starting area has been cut out I guess? Which is just mind blowing. There is now some points system to gathering, similar to a stamina system. You don't buy glyphs anymore even though there are still glyph masters :S.

Just reading a bit about the new reaper class that was introduced earlier this year, we were supposed to get a free character slot for it? Is that still working or did they stop doing it? I checked my item claim and it's empty... my account is a couple of years old but I did stop playing for a while.

Uthred

Anyone playing the EU version?

Exact same reason I stopped playing as well

Edit: Well tried logging in, couldnt remember password and despite using the forgotten password option three times to reset it sill getting an error, couldnt be arsed

I'm downloading the torrent for the game. It's at 63% now.

I tried logging in as well in the meantime.. it's been so long that I forgot my password and my security question... I hope things will be okay...

I tried contacting customer support and got a ticket. Hopefully I'll be able to get my account back...

I'm not sure if I remember my password and/or security question, damn.

NeOak

Do we have a GAF clan on tempest reach by any chance?

See OP.

The TS may change atm.

Oh God. It's back.

I've been waiting for the northern continent and a level expansion since about the third month after launch.

I think I might dive in again. I hit a wall and left to try the PvP server last time but EnMasse wanted money to change servers so I just... never logged on again.

You can progress now while playing from EU. It's not like before.

are archers still the red headed step children of TERA?

it's been a long time but didn't the archer's dash back not have any invul frames while every other classes did?

They have fixed the archers and there are even more changes coming to separate them from the Arc Engineer.

They are still the top killstealers in PvP >.>

Damn they changed a ton in this game since I've played! Half of the starting area has been cut out I guess? Which is just mind blowing. There is now some points system to gathering, similar to a stamina system. You don't buy glyphs anymore even though there are still glyph masters :S.

Yeah, no need to buy them. No need to use items to change the glyph sets. It has changed.

Just reading a bit about the new reaper class that was introduced earlier this year, we were supposed to get a free character slot for it? Is that still working or did they stop doing it? I checked my item claim and it's empty... my account is a couple of years old but I did stop playing for a while.

That was only for a limited time only and you had to log in after the reaper patch.

Gurrry

I might have to get back into some Tera! I stopped at lvl 35 or so...

Do they have raids in this game?

My biggest gripe was the fact that the loot look so identical. I want something that makes me look awesome... but all the gear looked like shit. :(

Top Bottom